Pond Boss
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Inflatable Water trampolines/launch pads - 05/29/09 04:44 AM
All

Thinking of buying a water trampoline and launch pad thingy for the kids in the filling 4 acre pond this year. Here's a link that illustrates one model:

http://www.inflatabletrampolines.com/wat...hments.cfm#tabs

I value the forum's opinions/reviews on potential purchases like this one...so, has anyone bought/used one of these things? What brand? Was it as fun as it looks? Pain in the arse to clean, inflate, move? What should I consider? Ect, Ect...

Thanks in advance...the kids are chomping at the bit!

TJ
Dang those things are expensive! Prolly a whole lot safer than the ones found on land and even more fun...
I know...the pricing gets up there...but I think launching my kids would be a blast...i want them to get really interested in the ponds - this would be one way to get them fired up. A five and seven year old can only catch so many 6" YP before tiring.
Posted By: RAH Re: Inflatable Water trampolines/launch pads - 05/29/09 11:23 AM
My kids have enjoyed our cheeper version (<$500) but it mostly serves as an island since the trampoline never had much bounce. The one at your link is quit a bit more pricy, so maybe it has some bounce. I think this is our 4th year with it, and its a bit leaky - not sure if it will make it through the summer. Our kids are 13 and 15 and still use it a lot, as do their friends.
Is it just me, or does the thread title on the main forum index view seem just a bit risque'?
 Quote:
Re: Inflatable Water tramp....

Brettski, I didn't notice till you brought our attention to it, I'll bet you were getting you credit card out to order one.
...already got
They take forever to blow up, but they bounce like a super ball on stereoids.
Now I'm confused, are you talking about a trampoline?
My advice to you Adirondack Pond is that you stop asking Brettski questions while you're still ahead. I know I for one "can't handle the truth."
Inquiring minds want to know,
(Hey did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)
 Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
Inquiring minds want to know,
(Hey did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

Finding out could take years, and cost hundreds of lives.
I saw the large model on Indian lake a couple of years ago. I looked just as bouncy as the land trampolines and the kids on it looked like they were having a ton of fun.

I think the catapult tube thing would be a blast too.
I must have been the only kid to want to fish while all the other kids were swimming and messing around.
Travis, that reminds me of when my Dad enrolled me in golf lessons. I was 13 years old. "Lots of big deals made on the golf course, Son. You'll really benefit from this."

After about the 3rd or 4th lesson, the Pro called my Dad. He said that he was wasting $ and that he doubted that I would ever be a golfer. It seems that I was hitting every ball into the water hazards so I could walk around looking into the water. He also noticed a hand fishing line in my bag.
You're my kind of Golfer, DD.
I was at a wedding reception at a golf course clubhouse in NC last month. Most of the other guys were all talking golf. Me, I was walking around the water hazards looking at the huge bass in the shallows spawning.
With the exception of RAH and Ryan [thanks guys], I am seriously questioning whether the majority of posts were truly aimed at: 1. helping to guide my purchase or
2. were very useful in adding to the PBF chest of knowledge regarding inflatable water tramps.
speaking of which...
did I ever relate the story of my Bachelor party held at Oceans of Fun?
 Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
did I ever relate the story of my Bachelor party held at Oceans of Fun?

Are there mermaids in this story? Or is Daryl Hannah in the story? If either mermaids or Daryl Hannah (or preferably both) are in the story then, please tell us the story. If not, then I might not give it my full attention.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Inflatable Water trampolines/launch pads - 06/01/09 07:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
My advice to you Adirondack Pond is that you stop asking Brettski questions while you're still ahead. I know I for one "can't handle the truth."

Ya! Like 216 ?!?!?!?!?!
© Pond Boss Forum