Pond Boss
Posted By: adirondack pond America's Future? - 04/07/09 04:43 PM
Hurry, they're going fast!!
They should rename it the speedbump.
http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-286125.html?tag=gald
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: America's Future? - 04/07/09 05:47 PM
If they could add port-a-john capability, one would never have to get out of the chair.
Posted By: Brettski Re: America's Future? - 04/07/09 06:15 PM
Is this gonna put pressure on the Scooter Store ?
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: America's Future? - 04/07/09 08:04 PM
If it comes with a towing package I'm there.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: America's Future? - 04/07/09 09:06 PM
You have got to be kidding me. I think I would prefer a bicycle. Is this supposed to save GM from bankruptcy? I guess they didn't pay any attention to the success the segway had (which was none).

I realy don't think it is possible to look cool riding around in one of those. Maybe JHAP could soup it up and make it look cool, but it would take a lot of money.

I keep invisioning the scene from The 40 Year Old Virgin where he tries to take a girl home with him and all he has is a single seat bicycle. I think the PUMA is a step below a bike. Atleast on a bike you are getting some exercise, and you look like your having fun.
Posted By: Weissguy Re: America's Future? - 04/07/09 09:34 PM
I imagine it will be more expensive than Tata Motors "Nano", which will be priced at about $2,500 in India. Tata plans to release a US model that will likely be in the $3,500-4,000 range due to the extra safety equipment requirements. For people looking for a tiny transportation vehicle, the Nano seems to be way better suited for the job.

Heck, at that price it would be price competitive with a decked out golf cart or an entry level UTV!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/10/tata-motors-2-500-nano-automobile-gets-official/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVufUfaxlA

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: America's Future? - 04/07/09 10:00 PM
Not much appeal or future without a cup holder.
Posted By: jeffreythree Re: America's Future? - 04/07/09 11:23 PM
I think it might be faster than the Tata Motors car. That thing goes 0-60 in 33 seconds \:D . I want to see the Puma with some dunks, chromed out, and lose the safety tape on the bars . I know some guys that race electric wheelchairs that could probably make it pretty quick too.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 12:22 AM
I saw them on Fox News this evening. Umm... Maybe for the brave City Folk but the way idiots in the DC area drive, there isn't enough steel between me and them! With a top speed of 35 mph, I'll pass...
Posted By: Weissguy Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 12:58 AM
 Originally Posted By: jeffreythree
I think it might be faster than the Tata Motors car. That thing goes 0-60 in 33 seconds \:D . I want to see the Puma with some dunks, chromed out, and lose the safety tape on the bars . I know some guys that race electric wheelchairs that could probably make it pretty quick too.

The Tata Nano is intended primarily for city driving, but has the ability to handle highway driving if needed. It competes for many of the same buyers as this GM thingymabobber, but offers a true "car like" feel and far more flexibility in driving distance and cruising speed. The GM thingymabobber goes 0-60 in..... never. And as a news reporter put it, "the Nano costs about the same as a dvd upgrade in a lexus." \:\)
Posted By: 2catmom Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 11:17 AM
Look, here in the Motor City we like cars and trucks, big ones. Do they really think we can get around driving glorified golf carts in the snow? The whole world has gone whaco.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 12:44 PM
"Tata Nano" sounds like someone your Mom and Dad make you visit at Thanksgiving and Easter.
Posted By: Sunil Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 12:46 PM
If you have never driven in India, don't.
Posted By: TOM G Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 01:42 PM
That should be MANDATORY transpo for our esteemed congressmen \:D
Posted By: burgermeister Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 02:34 PM
I would be afraid to drive that to my pond for fear a squirrel would cross the path and total it.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 02:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: Brett295
I realy don't think it is possible to look cool riding around in one of those. Maybe JHAP could soup it up and make it look cool, but it would take a lot of money.

JHAP'S version:

The deluxe version comes complete with:

Long distance (5 mile range) TV remote control
Gyro stabilized beer holder (no spilling of beer, not even in very rought terrain)
Automatic dispensing beverage refrigerator. No need to stop to get another beer. Simple press a button and one will be supplied to you.
Rifle/Shotgun rack. Becomes sometimes a pistol just won't get er done.

Posted By: jeffreythree Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 03:58 PM
By the way, Tata is the company that bought Jaguar and Land Rover; so it must be reliable.
Posted By: Weissguy Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 07:07 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffreythree
By the way, Tata is the company that bought Jaguar and Land Rover; so it must be reliable.

Actually, that was probably a mistake for Tata Motors. The Tata Group is huge and quite successful, but Tata Motors has been somewhat of the blacksheep in the family of Tata companies. It has stuggled to breakeven for a very, very long time.

From wikipedia:

The Tata Group (Hindi: टाटा समूह) is a multinational conglomerate based in Mumbai, India. In terms of market capitalization and revenues, Tata Group is the largest private corporate group in India and has been recognized as one of the most respected companies in the world over the years.[3][4] It has interests in steel, automobiles, information technology, communication, power, tea and hotels. The Tata Group has operations in more than 85 countries across six continents and its companies export products and services to 80 nations. The Tata Group comprises 98 companies in seven business sectors, 27 of which are publicly listed. 65.8% of the ownership of Tata Group is held in charitable trusts.[5] Companies which form a major part of the group include Tata Steel, Corus Steel, Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Technologies, Tata Tea, Titan Industries, Tata Power, Tata Communications, Tata Teleservices, Tata AutoComp Systems Limited and the Taj Hotels.

The group takes the name of its founder, Jamsetji Tata, a member of whose family has almost invariably been the chairman of the group. The current chairman of the Tata group is Ratan Tata, who took over from J. R. D. Tata in 1991 and is currently one of the major international business figures in the age of globality.[6] The company is currently in its fifth generation of family stewardship.
Posted By: TOM G Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 07:34 PM
JHAP,but does it have a self-deploying loading ramp?
Posted By: 2catmom Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 07:59 PM
Interesting,
My next door neighbors are from England. She kept telling me her husband worked for Tar Tar, now I get it, it is TATA. He is an engineer but works as a headhunter type job. They are a lot of fun, he sails and sails on that little lake.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: America's Future? - 04/08/09 09:11 PM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
If you have never driven in India, don't.

Well, working in a diverse area... If I had to say by looking at bad drivers and where they originally came from, I'd put South Korea on the top of the list for countries to not drive in.
Posted By: DJT Re: America's Future? - 04/09/09 03:16 AM
JHAP's version is known as the Bodacious TATA.
Posted By: Dwight Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 01:05 AM
Gail and I went on provisioning trip to Keloland today.

On the way home we passed a Prius going about 55 mph and later a 78 Cadillac with smoke coming out the windows also going about 55 mph. The speed limit on I90 is 75mph.

Ironic, isn’t it? \:\)
Posted By: Brettski Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 02:30 AM
Iowa plates, right?
Posted By: Dwight Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 02:55 PM
I didn't notice the plates; too busy checking out the occupants in the Caddy in case an evasive maneuver was required.
Posted By: Brettski Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 03:22 PM
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
I didn't notice the plates; too busy checking out the occupants in the Caddy in case an evasive maneuver was required.
Wisconsin and Illinois have that Cheesehead vs FIB thing going WRT driving. I noticed that Minny and Iowa have similar driving discipline expectations.
Posted By: Sunil Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 03:28 PM
I tend to group bad foreign drivers into two categories being Fung and Hadji as follows:

1) Hadji is the Indian guy who has his whole family in the car and just cruises about five miles/hour below the speed limit, while primarily being in the fast passing lane. He also tends to drive in two lanes at one time, 2/3 in the fast passing lane and 1/3 in the lane to the right.

2) Fung is the oriental chap who tends to change lanes without the usage of turn signals and more importantly without looking.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 03:59 PM
Hey mon, what about the howards of the world?
Posted By: Sunil Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 04:22 PM
That, my friend, is a category all to itself.
Posted By: bobad Re: America's Future? - 04/10/09 04:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
That should be MANDATORY transpo for our esteemed congressmen \:D

\:D \:D \:D

Yea, buddy!

I can't believe they forced the auto makers to add all that safety equipment, crumple zones, collapsible steering columns, padded wheel and dash, and will then approve the Puma for highway use.

It looks like it would roll like a ball in wrecked, so you better be strapped in and well padded! \:D
Posted By: DJT Re: America's Future? - 04/15/09 02:33 AM
Watch the video then decide which car you would like to be in during a collision.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Ins....aspx?GT1=33009
Posted By: catmandoo Re: America's Future? - 04/15/09 02:49 AM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
Wisconsin and Illinois have that Cheesehead vs FIB thing going WRT driving. I noticed that Minny and Iowa have similar driving discipline expectations.

I take this as a serious violation of Pond Boss safety ETHICS.

Whether I'm on my tractor, in my truck, or in my car, I do not travel without cheesehead protection.

Do not get in a cheesehead's path!

P.S. Please do not confuse "cheesehead" with "headcheese." But, if you do, I've got great recipes!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: America's Future? - 04/15/09 02:57 AM
Hey, you don't wear that in public do you? In West VA?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: America's Future? - 04/15/09 03:07 AM
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Hey, you don't wear that in public do you? In West VA?

Darn right I do!

Without a true team of our own, you can't believe how much fun it is to watch the rocks fly between our equi-distant neighbors in Baltimore, DC, and Pittsburgh!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: America's Future? - 04/15/09 03:41 AM
Poor West Virginia, not one professional sports team of their own... Maybe a minor league baseball team?
© Pond Boss Forum