Pond Boss
Posted By: Theo Gallus Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/05/09 09:43 PM
My Dad, age 79, had his right knee replaced today. Surgery went well and, if he does everything they tell him to, the left knee will be replaced in about 6 weeks.

Knowing I had a long day (it got started at 3:30AM) ahead of me carrying such vitals as cell phone, notepad, and Diet Mountain Dew, I wore my proud powder blue PBCon08 Moderator's shirt (which I, as well as Sunil, Cody, and DD, can be seen wearing in the photo below). In addition to being extremely comfortable and oh, so fashionable, it has great cargo pockets.

The following conversation took place just before I left to go home for the evening.

THEO'S DAD: "Where did you get a that shirt?"

THEO: "Texas"

THEO'S DAD: "You get that at the Convention last year?"

THEO: "Yes. This was the uniform for the Moderator's."

THEO'S DAD: "And nobody minded that color?"

THEO (after a long pause): "It looks better with a pink cowboy hat."

THEO'S DAD: (after a longer pause): "I bet."

Posted By: Fish Wife Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/05/09 11:10 PM
Theo's just bragging. Because with this shirt, jeans, and this winter's growth of beard; every time I see him, I think he's a shoe in for the Bob Lusk Look-a-Like contest.

PS: If I send a dozen pink cowboy hats to Big Cedar, what's the chance for them to be mandatory head gear for the MODS? Where can I purchase POND BOSS patches to mount on the crowns?
Posted By: davatsa Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/05/09 11:50 PM
I think Fish Wife has an excellent idea, and I second the motion to have pink cowboy hats become part of the mandatory attire for all Pond Boss Conference moderators.

Theo, glad to hear your dad's prognosis is good. If he's anything like my dad, he's stubborn when it comes to following doctors' orders. Keep him reeled in and tell him we're praying for him.
Posted By: ewest Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 12:04 AM
Tell your Dad to get well soon. My Mom had hers' replaced also. If he doesn't follow Docs orders he will regret it (pain does that).

No pink cowboy hats. How about camo fish hats ?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 01:45 AM
"PS: If I send a dozen pink cowboy hats to Big Cedar, what's the chance for them to be mandatory head gear for the MODS?"

This is simply a fine idea. But it begs the question...if it's going to be such a great thing, why keep it all boxed up with the moderators?

What say every Pond Boss forum member with over, say, 500 posts also wears a pink hat?
Posted By: davatsa Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 02:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil

What say every Pond Boss forum member with over, say, 500 posts also wears a pink hat?

Brutal man, just brutal.

I like your ostentatious attempt to bring others down with you, but it ain't happening. Besides, it would be too expensive for Pond Boss to buy that many hats. We should stick with just the moderators wearing them.

And do we really want JHAP running arond in a pink cowboy hat during a vacation we've advertised as family-oriented? Talk about making little kids run away...
Posted By: Sunil Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 02:26 AM
I specifically looked at your post count before I dictated the 500 post cut-off. Just wanted to include you Mabro.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 02:40 AM
Just by random chance, Theo, I wore a Pond Boss shirt to work today. The heavy, long-sleeved, dark blue one, with the light blue Pond Boss logo. Of course, it was all the way up to 40F today, so I could have worn my stylish short sleeve short! \:\)

Tell your dad we said to get well soon!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 03:00 AM
What a great thread!

Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
My Dad, age 79, had his right knee replaced today. Surgery went well and, if he does everything they tell him to, the left knee will be replaced in about 6 weeks.

Theo -- I sure hope your dad takes everybody's advice. My mother had both knees, and both hips replaced -- each twice over about 20 years! That was in the 1970s and 1980s when the glue and plastic wasn't as good as it is today. It kept her going a long long time. Please give him our regards from West Virginia, where everyone walks with a limp because nothing is level.

Originally Posted By: Fish Wife
If I send a dozen pink cowboy hats to Big Cedar, what's the chance for them to be mandatory head gear for the MODS? Where can I purchase POND BOSS patches to mount on the crowns?

Fish Wife -- what do you mean "if I send?" You better deliver them in person! You could replace Theo in the booth, and you'd look great in a pink hat.

P.S. I can counterfeit the artwork for the patches as long as I don't get caught.

Originally Posted By: Sunil

Sunil -- man, I'm glad I've only got 101 posts. Now is the time to slow down and just read what everyone else has to post.

We can't wait for the reservations to open up. We've already got guests committed to joining us.

Posted By: TOM G Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 01:44 PM
Pointy pink hats for the mods,fishwife your ginius.(P.S. If I can con my wife into coming this year,stay away from her,together you 2 would ruin me.) \:o
Posted By: Sunil Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 02:37 PM
catmandoo, what do you mean "only got 101 posts?"

Tom G, "(...together you 2 would ruin me.)" That ship has already sailed, my friend.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 02:47 PM
Theo, I hope your dad has a speedy and complete recovery. JWHAP had her knee replaced a couple of years ago, the recovery takes a little time but it is well worth it.

This conference is supposed to be family friendly??? Jeez, now I'm gonna have to rethink my entire wardrobe.
Posted By: ewest Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 05:05 PM
If the pink hats arrive they will be designated as Mod give aways \:o and we will call the lucky recipients from the crowd and place them on your noggin. Then you can run about emulating Bruce \:D . I can see DD1 sporting a pink hat - not going to happen ;\) .
Posted By: TOM G Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 05:13 PM
WHAT WARDROBE,I didnt know this was going to turn into a fasion statment \:o You'll never guess what Im going to wear. \:D ;\)
Posted By: george1 Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 05:36 PM
Theo, tell your Dad that therapy is painful but essential.
My Lady had knee replacement surgery about three years ago and it has been very sucessful
Posted By: Brettski Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 06:16 PM
Men wearing any pink garment whilst cavorting in the woods and on the water anywhere near the Missouri/Arkansas line is an invitation to a life-altering event.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 07:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
Men wearing any pink garment whilst cavorting in the woods and on the water anywhere near the Missouri/Arkansas line is an invitation to a life-altering event.

Trust me, it sounds like Brettski is speaking from personal experience on this one. \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 07:31 PM
I am envisioning a Pink Cowboy Hat Silent Auction item. High bid gets to designate who has to wear the hat for the rest of the conference (at daytime meetings only - no way someone should have to wear it after hours, since they might get confused with Bruce). Two provisos:

1) Bidders should have to note on the bid sheet who will have to wear the hat. This promotes defensive bidding by designees.

2) The "winning" desiganated hat wearer could be allowed to buy off his hat responsibilities with a matching contribution.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 08:02 PM

Brett, the life-altering event will have more to do with the cavorting-in-the-woods down there.

Most "posted" signs say "trespassers will be shot---suvivors will be shot again!" \:o
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 08:11 PM

\:o Why is it after reading this I got a vivid mental image of a squealing Warren Beatty on his knees in the woods?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 08:41 PM
I am envisioning a Pink Cowboy Hat Silent Auction item. High bid gets to designate who has to wear the hat for the rest of the conference (at daytime meetings only - no way someone should have to wear it after hours, since they might get confused with Bruce). Two provisos:

1) Bidders should have to note on the bid sheet who will have to wear the hat. This promotes defensive bidding by designees.

2) The "winning" desiganated hat wearer could be allowed to buy off his hat responsibilities with a matching contribution.

Wow, this could get real ugly real fast.

I'm in.

Posted By: Rainman Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 08:42 PM
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker

\:o Why is it after reading this I got a vivid mental image of a squealing Warren Beatty on his knees in the woods?

You're right Jeff......my bad!

The signs SHOULD read.......................

Most "posted" signs say "trespassers will be shot---suvivors after squealing will be shot again!"
Posted By: davatsa Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/06/09 11:38 PM

Oh fine...pick on the POOR people why dontcha. You're as bad as Sunil and his 500-post rule.

It does sound like a good idea, though. I'll have to ask my pops for an economic stimulus package... err I mean loan... ahead of time.

I'm sure he'd let me work off my debt at the "slave ranch."
Posted By: Mongo Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 07:08 AM
Hope your dad continues to do well & has a quick recovery.

Mrs. Mongo here:

Fish Wife & Mrs. Tom G, I very much like your style & believe I could learn alot from you both. Where can I subscribe to the "Husband Management Techniques" newsletter? Money well worth it. I've been doing all of the pond crap, ahem pond stuff, for Mongo -- it has been a one way street as I had no idea that it could be a two way street where I perhaps could benefit. LOL
I look forward to your invaluable tips & handling suggestions as any & all will be greatly apppreciated.

Thank you,
Mrs. Mongo
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 02:01 PM
Hey guys, I'm having second thoughts here. Perhaps getting all of the Pond Boss wives together isn't such a great idea. I don't like the sound of a Husband Management Technique newsletter, no good can come from that.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 02:57 PM
I guess it all depends on who writes and edits it.It could turn out to be a good thing if written by the right(husbands)personell. \:D \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 03:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Hey guys, I'm having second thoughts here. Perhaps getting all of the Pond Boss wives together isn't such a great idea. I don't like the sound of a Husband Management Technique newsletter, no good can come from that.

Agreed. If they can figure out how to manage Mongo, what chance do the rest of us have?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 03:03 PM
I'm thinking little to none Theo.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 03:21 PM
Gee honey,its too bad they had to cancel the PB converance,but I just had a business meeting come up so I couldnt go anyway...see you next week.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 03:36 PM
My wife just read this thread and is asking me WHY she hasnt recieved HER newsletter yet? \:o
I sense a colliding scene....
Posted By: Fish Wife Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 06:52 PM
I just returned from being with Theo's Dad at the hospital. He's doing really great and has a super attitude. It's amazing what a cute, young, female, physical therapist can get him to do. He's telling jokes and laughing the whole time he's doing his exercises. Now I finally know where Theo gets it from.

NOTE TO POND BOSS WIVES: It's a simple husband management technique. You just have to beat them to the mail box to get a hold of his issue of POND BOSS. You do not let him have the magazine until sufficient items are completed off the "honey do" list. If the work does not progress swiftly enough, as you read the magazine, make comments out loud about the articles and how you personally are going to try to implement some of the suggestions. ;\)

HINT: If you take the time to follow the forum, the guys will let you know when the mag starts hitting the mail boxes, so you can make sure you get it first.

NOTE: Please disregard all previous statements. It is important that you absolutely DO NOT follow any advice that may have received earlier in this post. I repeat. Do not follow any advice that I, Fish Wife, may be dispensing. End of message.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 07:24 PM
WHEW! I almost started to believe.
Posted By: Fish Wife Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 09:59 PM
Some how I knew that was going to get jumped all over by a mod. Now I'm really motivated to buy those pink cowboy hats!!! I found some that have sequins and flashing LED lights that would be perfect for night fishing. I think it would look great on the "Mod of the Day." Will there be online bidding?
http://www.1glowstore.com/store/p/1441-PINK-LED-COWBOY-HAT-one-hat-.aspx?feed=Froogle

What my next suggestion to all the wives out there on the forum was to buy your husband a subscription to the POND BOSS magazine for Valentine's Day. It's a gift you'll both love.

Posted By: ewest Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/07/09 11:51 PM
Man this is getting dangerous !!!!! \:o I may have to start using the mod delete button. ;\)
Posted By: Brettski Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/08/09 12:10 AM
...and risk retribution crafted by Fish Wife? You fool!
I just changed the password on my computer.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/08/09 05:52 PM
I am not going to stand by and watch this travesty happen. Gentlemen our very life styles are at stake here. I have decided to take immediate action. Accordingly I am in the process of writing the definitive guide for husbands. This guide will assist recent and long term husbands alike in the proper techniques to ensure that they are in charge of their household, king of the land, captain of the ship.

I'm going to name this guide "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Managing Your Wife."

I've been working on this book non stop for the past 11 hours. So far I've got the name of the book.

Do any of you guys out there know anything about managing your wife? I seem to have writers block here.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/08/09 05:56 PM
I am not going to stand by and watch this travesty happen. Gentlemen our very life styles are at stake here. I have decided to take immediate action. Accordingly I am in the process of writing the definitive guide for husbands. This guide will assist recent and long term husbands alike in the proper techniques to ensure that they are in charge of their household, king of the land, captain of the ship.

I'm going to name this guide "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Managing Your Wife."

I've been working on this book non stop for the past 11 hours. So far I've got the name of the book.

Do any of you guys out there know anything about managing your wife? I seem to have writers block here.

Jeff, that book has been written already.

It's title also happens to be the entire contents----------Yes Dear!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/08/09 06:01 PM
Why is it that I keep hearing REM lyrics over and over in my head....

It's the end of the world as we know it,
It's the end of the world as we know it....
You guys need to get a little of this:
Posted By: P. Buckley Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 04:51 AM
I'm not scared, SSHHH her she comes.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 07:39 AM
I told my wife what I thought about her opinion.....
She told me when I come out from under the bed.....
Posted By: Mongo Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 09:00 AM
 Quote:
"Jeez guys you really need to get control of your spouses.

When I married JWHAP (jeff's wife has a pond) I told her in no uncertain terms. Looky here I said, one thing you gotta get straight. I'm Captain of this ship. And the Capains word is law on the high seas. So when it comes time to make decisions just keep that in mind.

JWHAP completely agreed, she said "Yep JHAP you are Capitain of the ship and on the ship your word is law. Course I'm Admiral of the Navy and I'll decide whether you sail the high seas or sit in mothball."

At least we've got that all worked out.

Actually I joke about it but my wife is great. Ask her about some of the goofy adventures I've dragged her through over the past decade and you'll see that she probably should be considered for sainthood.

Mrs. Mongo here --

Just thought I would help JHAP with his writer's block. I never laughed so hard as when I read that post -- of course Mongo did not get it.
That's why I'm sooooo looking forward to my newsletter. LOL Maybe this will be the year that I get to attend the conference, if so, I'll have my pen & notebook ready to take notes from the ladies. LOL

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 02:38 PM
This is all Theo's fault.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 03:43 PM
Geesh, this thread has really taken off. OK, man, time to sing:

"Aint I gonna take you fishin with me some day.

A man cant love a woman more than that."
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 04:21 PM

'Struth. If Dad hadn't had to put me over his knee so often, it wouldn't have needed replacing.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 04:41 PM

'Struth. If Dad hadn't had to put me over his knee so often, it wouldn't have needed replacing.

Anyone else notice how he didn't even clear up the fact that he deserved to be put over a knee that often? \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 05:00 PM
Everyone is welcomed - guys , gals , kids and grandkids. Come have fun and bring your fish stories and pics. Fun means no nagging or complaining whether by man , woman or child. Choose what you want to wear but don't try to choose for someone else. \:D
Posted By: Rainman Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/09/09 05:38 PM
 Originally Posted By: ewest
child. Choose what you want to wear but don't try to choose for someone else. \:D

I can forsee a problem when some of us are told by our wives................."You can wear this................................................or nothing"
Posted By: ewest Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/10/09 02:00 AM
Then you can take the pink hat and use it to cover up. \:o - \:D
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Clothes make the man. Honest, Dad. - 02/10/09 03:57 PM
I have a feeling that this year's Pond Boss conference photos are gonna be very interesting.
© Pond Boss Forum