Pond Boss
Posted By: Theo Gallus Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 07:05 PM
According to this story, they are approaching nouveau-chic status.

We used to have an intern here who came from one of Ohio's more rural counties. He grew up eating raccoon but said that after being away from it for a while in college, he couldn't handle the taste anymore.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 07:37 PM
"Raccoon meat is some of the healthiest meat you can eat," says Jeff Beringer, a furbearer resource biologist with the Missouri Department of Conservation.

"During grad school, my roommate and I ate 32 coons one winter. It was all free, and it was really good. If you think about being green and eating organically, raccoon meat is the ultimate organic food," with no steroids, no antibiotics, no growth hormones."

Of course, they never had a date in grad school, but oh well, the racoons tasted good.

Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 08:45 PM
eew... BUT I guess if you hadnt eaten in a few days it would looks like a rib eye
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 08:53 PM
Sunil: "If you think about being green and eating organically, raccoon meat is the ultimate organic food," with no steroids, no antibiotics, no growth hormones."

Unless they have been eating out of trash cans. Then they have hormones (old birth control pills) , Antibiotics (unfinished prescriptions), Chemicals (paint, cleaning products etc....). Of course those are the raccoons living in the city. I bet you people living in the country have hormone free raccoons. City Raccoons are about the same as sewer rats.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 09:17 PM
To greasy. Tried it and Possum. No thanks, then again we didn't go through all those steps. Maybe it makes a difference. I did trap them for their furs in high school (and use the carcass to lure coyotes for their pelts).
Posted By: heybud Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 11:13 PM
PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT
Raccoon Parasite
Stay away from
raccoons!

Parents, watch your children!
Don’t let them put dirt or other objects in their
mouths when playing at the park.
Keep their hands clean.
Do a visual check of the area where your child
is playing to make sure no animal feces ("poop")
can be found nearby.
A parasite commonly known as Raccoon Roundworm (Baylisascaris
procyonis) lives in the digestive tract of raccoons. The microscopic eggs
of the parasite are shed in their feces, and a single defecation may carry a
large number of eggs. The eggs must mature to an infective state (2-4
weeks) before they can cause illness. Young children and toddlers
may be more likely than adults to ingest the eggs due to their
behavior of putting dirt and other objects in their mouths.
A very small number of Raccoon Roundworm infections in humans have
been reported, despite the large number of raccoons living in close
association with humans. This suggests that the risk of infection is rare
and remote. Nevertheless, parents should be informed about the potential
for infection and the need for proper precautions.
Do not touch raccoon feces.
Stay away from area and materials that might be contaminated by
raccoon feces. Raccoons typically defecate at the base of or in raised
forks of trees, or on raised horizontal surfaces such as fallen logs, stumps,
or large rocks. Raccoon feces also can be found on woodpiles, decks,
rooftops, and in attics, garages, and haylofts.
Feces usually are dark and tubular, have a pungent odor (usually worse than
dog or cat feces), and often contain undigested seeds or other food items.
Do not keep, feed, or adopt raccoons as pets! Raccoons are wild animals.
Discourage raccoons from living in and around your home or parks by
removing access to food. Clear brush so raccoons are not likely to make a
den on your property. To eliminate eggs, raccoon feces and material
contaminated with raccoon feces should be removed carefully and sent to
a landfill. Care should be taken to avoid contaminating hands and clothes.
Prompt removal and destruction of raccoon feces will reduce risk for
exposure and possible infection. Newly deposited eggs take at least 2-4
weeks to become infective.
Santa Barbara County Public Health Dept.
http://www.sbcphd.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 11:43 PM
There goes dinner.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 11:46 PM
 Quote:
To eliminate eggs, raccoon feces and material
contaminated with raccoon feces should be removed carefully and sent to a landfill.

Great. When my subdivision neighbors find out about this, I'll be expected to gather all the raccoon feces on my farm and send them to the landfill, after I finish raking all the leaves from 12 acres of woods and a mile and a half of fencerows.
Posted By: jeffreythree Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/13/09 11:50 PM
Never eaten raccoon, but I make a mean pot of squirrel gumbo. I was offered it once along with possum and armadillo when I picked up a motorcycle at a friends family homestead. They were the kind of people that stop and pick up the critters they run over, free dinner!
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 01:59 AM
Never eaten coon, but I would. That said I rate it right there with possum. They eat pretty much the same things. When I ran a trap line my dry land sets would always be baited with rotten stinking meat.
I had a pet coon as a kid. Maybe coon worms has been my problem all these years?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 02:38 AM
If one is hungry enough you'd be surprised what you would eat. I know a guy that says we'll be eating boot soup in a year or two. I rib him and tell him I'm going to start a franchise of restaurants called The Boot Soup Gourmet then.

Oh Jeeze I hope that wasn't political and someone is going to PM Bob and complain again! \:o
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 03:05 AM
No soup for you !!!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 10:13 AM
 Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
No soup for you !!!!

I think I'll pass on the boot soup anyway. \:\/
Posted By: heybud Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 01:43 PM
I have eaten possum, rattlesnake, armadillo, squirrel brains, but no raccoon, at least that I know of. Yum Yum it all taste like chicken. My grandmother used to make us chicken foot soup. It was a recipe left over from the great depression. Funny thing it didn't taste like chicken. I think or hope she removed the skin and toe nails.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 02:32 PM
I have a pretty good idea what chicken foot soup would taste like.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 02:33 PM
 Originally Posted By: heybud
I have eaten possum, rattlesnake, armadillo, squirrel brains, but no raccoon, at least that I know of. Yum Yum it all taste like chicken.

Never in my wildest imagination did I EVER think I would say this but..... I think I'd rather have brussel sprouts.

If it all tastes like chicken for heaven sakes people EAT CHICKEN. Sheesh.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 02:37 PM
And another thing, Squirrel Brains???? What did you do with the rest of the squirrel??? And besides that, as small as a squirrel's brain must be, how many squirrel do you have to remove the brains of to feed a family of four?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 02:40 PM
If I was one of the 4, it wouldn't take a whole lot of them.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 03:04 PM
My grandmother used to make us chicken foot soup. It was a recipe left over from the great depression. Funny thing it didn't taste like chicken. I think or hope she removed the skin and toe nails.

The secret to allowing the chicken feet to taste like chicken is to wash them thoroughly. If not they taste like chicken sheet.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/14/09 04:14 PM
I have eaten possum, rattlesnake, armadillo, squirrel brains, but no raccoon, at least that I know of. Yum Yum it all taste like chicken. My grandmother used to make us chicken foot soup. It was a recipe left over from the great depression. Funny thing it didn't taste like chicken. I think or hope she removed the skin and toe nails.

Heybud,

I had squirrel brains also. My grandfather used to save them up and scramble them with his eggs! He didn't tell what was for breakfast (by that time I had learned not to ask). One bite and I decided to snatch some apples of the tree that day instead.

Then again this is the same man that got me to try raw indian turnip. My tongue was sore for days. Gramps had a strange sense of humor.
Posted By: heybud Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 12:22 AM
Yep JW I had squirrel brains with eggs myself. I'm here to tell you those old folks ate everything on the animal. Can't blame them.
Posted By: ceadmin Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 02:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: Brett295
Sunil: "If you think about being green and eating organically, raccoon meat is the ultimate organic food," with no steroids, no antibiotics, no growth hormones."

Unless they have been eating out of trash cans. Then they have hormones (old birth control pills) , Antibiotics (unfinished prescriptions), Chemicals (paint, cleaning products etc....). Of course those are the raccoons living in the city. I bet you people living in the country have hormone free raccoons. City Raccoons are about the same as sewer rats.

Brett,

We have free range racoons in the country, thats why they are better for you.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 04:07 AM
OK. I call 'citizens moderation' here. "Oh Jeeze I hope that wasn't political and someone is going to PM Bob and complain again!"

CECIL, WILL YOU BE USING THE LEFT OR RIGHT BOOT? THAT COULD MAKE IT POLITICAL.

" The secret to allowing the chicken feet to taste like chicken is to wash them thoroughly. If not they taste like chicken sheet."

CECIL IS JUDGED BY ANOTHER STANDARD. I AM SURE THAT I GOT MODERATED FOR A SIMILAR FREUDIAN SLIP. \:D
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 05:11 PM
PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT
Raccoon Parasite
Stay away from
raccoons!

Parents, watch your children!
Don’t let them put dirt or other objects in their
mouths when playing at the park.
Keep their hands clean.
Do a visual check of the area where your child
is playing to make sure no animal feces ("poop")
can be found nearby.
A parasite commonly known as Raccoon Roundworm (Baylisascaris
procyonis) lives in the digestive tract of raccoons. The microscopic eggs
of the parasite are shed in their feces, and a single defecation may carry a
large number of eggs. The eggs must mature to an infective state (2-4
weeks) before they can cause illness. Young children and toddlers
may be more likely than adults to ingest the eggs due to their
behavior of putting dirt and other objects in their mouths.
A very small number of Raccoon Roundworm infections in humans have
been reported, despite the large number of raccoons living in close
association with humans. This suggests that the risk of infection is rare
and remote. Nevertheless, parents should be informed about the potential
for infection and the need for proper precautions.
Do not touch raccoon feces.
Stay away from area and materials that might be contaminated by
raccoon feces. Raccoons typically defecate at the base of or in raised
forks of trees, or on raised horizontal surfaces such as fallen logs, stumps,
or large rocks. Raccoon feces also can be found on woodpiles, decks,
rooftops, and in attics, garages, and haylofts.
Feces usually are dark and tubular, have a pungent odor (usually worse than
dog or cat feces), and often contain undigested seeds or other food items.
Do not keep, feed, or adopt raccoons as pets! Raccoons are wild animals.
Discourage raccoons from living in and around your home or parks by
removing access to food. Clear brush so raccoons are not likely to make a
den on your property. To eliminate eggs, raccoon feces and material
contaminated with raccoon feces should be removed carefully and sent to
a landfill. Care should be taken to avoid contaminating hands and clothes.
Prompt removal and destruction of raccoon feces will reduce risk for
exposure and possible infection. Newly deposited eggs take at least 2-4
weeks to become infective.
Santa Barbara County Public Health Dept.
http://www.sbcphd.

\:D \:D \:D \:D

While avoid obvious dangers, I have to laugh seeing these "scare-tactic" articles. These irrational fears and the lack of exposure to germs/organisms and fear of playing outdoors are the biggest reasons so many kids are always sick nowadays.

How did we ever live long enough to learn the right way to protect ourselves without car seats, seatbelts, anti-bacterial soap, lead paint and pencils, raccoon poop worms, our dad's belt, or mom's switch, the need to NOT eat over 3 tons of mercury poisened catfish per year, etc, etc, etc??? We've sealed ourselves so tightly in our homes that now the molds and radon gas will get us!!

Lordy, humans should have been extinct years ago!

honestly, this is only an attempt at humor in today's lifestyles.

I understand now---the report is from California---go figger!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 05:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
My grandmother used to make us chicken foot soup. It was a recipe left over from the great depression. Funny thing it didn't taste like chicken. I think or hope she removed the skin and toe nails.

The secret to allowing the chicken feet to taste like chicken is to wash them thoroughly. If not they taste like chicken sheet.

ROFLMAO

I don't care WHO you are---THAT IS FUNNY
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 05:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
I have eaten possum, rattlesnake, armadillo, squirrel brains, but no raccoon, at least that I know of. Yum Yum it all taste like chicken.

Never in my wildest imagination did I EVER think I would say this but..... I think I'd rather have brussel sprouts.

If it all tastes like chicken for heaven sakes people EAT CHICKEN. Sheesh.

I think Jeff will need to be forced to visit Silver Dollar city and made to eat Granny's possum gravy.
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 06:35 PM
I have a rule that I won't eat any mammals that eat meat. Something about the whole concept turns my stomach. I'm not sure why it bothers me and it seems illogical because I have no problem with eating alligators that eat anything, rattlesnake that eat rats (ewww!), and even shark that eat people for cryin' out loud.

No cats, dogs, even bear meat and especially no meat scavengers like racoons and possum.

I have no problem with squirrel, rabbit and would probably be fine eating nutria and groundhog but I'll pass on the squirrel brains.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 06:46 PM
Trust me Ryan, you aren't going to miss much. Then again what do I know. According to Rainman's post I may have mental issues from drinking out of the garden hose, not to mention the creek. Playing catch with Yard darts was probably not the smartest thing we did. Neither were the BB gun wars. In hindsigt eating the veggies straight from the garden with only a wipe on our t-shirts probably wasn't a good idea. Same goes with sledding on car hoods pulled behind a 3 wheeler (we did wear helmets). Lord knows playing hide-seek in the junk yard probably gave us tetnaus. Ambushing each other with dried pasture pansies probably infected us (but it was funny as hell).

Maybe I should go visit my doctor and get checked for parasites.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker
Trust me Ryan, you aren't going to miss much. Then again what do I know. According to Rainman's post I may have mental issues from drinking out of the garden hose, not to mention the creek. Playing catch with Yard darts was probably not the smartest thing we did. Neither were the BB gun wars. In hindsigt eating the veggies straight from the garden with only a wipe on our t-shirts probably wasn't a good idea. Same goes with sledding on car hoods pulled behind a 3 wheeler (we did wear helmets). Lord knows playing hide-seek in the junk yard probably gave us tetnaus. Ambushing each other with dried pasture pansies probably infected us (but it was funny as hell).

LOL I tend to think people that DON'T do those things are a little touched in the head!!!

The car hood sleds were GREAT and even though we tried real hard, we couldn't get the Jarts to stick in anyone (too heavy I think) Also never put out an eye w/BB guns but there were some big red welts on some butts! And I STILL prefer the rubber/plastic taste of garden hose water. How do you know if creek water is safe to play in if you don't do the required taste-test?

There was the time me and my cohorts got a heck of a spanking for using all our parents tournement darts for tag---not because we had several bleeding holes in us----for using the GOOD darts!

Finally, Tetnus builds character!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:13 PM
Playing catch with Yard darts was probably not the smartest thing we did.

Jarts are best caught using the side-hand-snatch technique behind the fletching.

Neither were the BB gun wars.

My younger brother still has a bb just under the skin near his elbow. He never got it removed because he would have had to tell our parents and then they would have forbidden the game. We had a 2 pump rule but at some point around that time Crossman came out with AR17 single pump that was every pre-adolescent boy's dream gun. It was even more fun while on ATVs.

In hindsigt eating the veggies straight from the garden with only a wipe on our t-shirts probably wasn't a good idea.

Why get your shirt dirty? "dirt don't hurt"

Same goes with sledding on car hoods pulled behind a 3 wheeler (we did wear helmets).

Grain bin lids are more erradic and have a nice lip around the sides to hold on to and usually a handle that makes it easy to tie too short a length of rope to. You can go faster with downhill skiis pulled behind a 4x4 truck at least until you hit dirt.

Ambushing each other with dried pasture pansies probably infected us (but it was funny as hell).

Mom didn't mind the dried ones nearly as much as the fresh ones.

Just hope you have enough that they eat each other instead of you.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:17 PM
And why do Veegans always want meat flavored veggies????????
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:18 PM
Why would anyone want to eat something called Tofurkey?
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:22 PM
I eat my veggies recycled by cow!
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:24 PM
Glad to see mine wasn't the only childhood not wasted. Yep, played "Catch the dart" with real darts (Got the scar on my elbow to prove it) Played "Catch the spear" with sharpened bamboo/cane pole (my brother has the scar to show why you never turn your back and run). You think the car hood/grain bin was fun, you should have pulled a old fashioned 2 runner sled behind a 1985 Honday Oddysey (one man dune buggy). The cop clocked us at 50mph before the rope broke and I went sailing off the culvert (I thought we were going to have to pull him back on the sled). He seemed upset we were on the road but how else were you going to pull that sled? Played baseball in the cow pasture (if the ball landed in a fresh one, it was a automatic double and you had to kick it to the pond to clean it off)

And I am proud to say that just yesteday my youngest son nailed his brother with a beautiful long distance shot to the back of the head with a semi-fresh horse dropping. I could have almost stopped the beating if I hadn't been laughing so hard.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:30 PM
Glad to see mine wasn't the only childhood not wasted. Yep, played "Catch the dart" with real darts (Got the scar on my elbow to prove it) Played "Catch the spear" with sharpened bamboo/cane pole (my brother has the scar to show why you never turn your back and run). You think the car hood/grain bin was fun, you should have pulled a old fashioned 2 runner sled behind a 1985 Honday Oddysey (one man dune buggy). The cop clocked us at 50mph before the rope broke and I went sailing off the culvert (I thought we were going to have to pull him back on the sled). He seemed upset we were on the road but how else were you going to pull that sled? Played baseball in the cow pasture (if the ball landed in a fresh one, it was a automatic double and you had to kick it to the pond to clean it off)

And I am proud to say that just yesteday my youngest son nailed his brother with a beautiful long distance shot to the back of the head with a semi-fresh horse dropping. I could have almost stopped the beating if I hadn't been laughing so hard.

Stop it!!!

now I need another keyboard, can't stop laughing, and JHAP isn't even involved!!!!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:30 PM
Time to fess up - who bumper skied when they were a teenager?
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

Teenager????

I had to show my kids the PROPER way to roll when you lose your grip/hit a rock last summer!

Edit----it hurts a lot more and for a lot longer now though!
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:46 PM
My Grandma tried to get my Mom to have me tested for brittle bone syndrome.

I ran into an old classmate a few years ago that said "oh yeah I remember you...you were the cast boy" Since I spent most of 5th through 9th grade with at least one of my limbs wrapped in fiberglass.

It was probably good experience before moving up to fast motorcycles and lifted 4x4 trucks.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:49 PM

Did it last month. My wife kept driving after I pushed the truck out of the ditch. It was either hold on and slide on the ice or do a face plant. Of course my wife, being the kind loving woman she is immediately stomped on the brake as soon as she hit dry pavement. Did you know that "Nissan" stamped on your forehead looks pretty much the same in the mirror?
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 07:51 PM
LMAO!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 08:05 PM

Did it last month. My wife kept driving after I pushed the truck out of the ditch. It was either hold on and slide on the ice or do a face plant. Of course my wife, being the kind loving woman she is immediately stomped on the brake as soon as she hit dry pavement. Did you know that "Nissan" stamped on your forehead looks pretty much the same in the mirror?

Back on topic

Does it look pretty much the same in the mirror while eating raccoon?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 08:30 PM

presumably, you refer to the urban format: skeeching
-
our tow-behind thrill rides were a garbage can lid, 50 feet of rope, and snowmobile on the lake. Also, a king size bed mattress, 50 ft of rope, tied to the bumper of a 55 studebaker PU.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/15/09 10:25 PM
Brettski,

It's amazing you're here to tell us about it.
Posted By: Victor Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/16/09 12:52 AM
Our pups find them very tasty - especially when they are very young. Unfortunately, the older ones fight back something fierce. Somebody better do a welfare check on Catmandoo. Hopefully he is OK. I figured he would have been all over this topic. Ken, where are you ???????
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/16/09 03:22 PM
BB Gun wars must have been a universal thing. Although I grew up in the city, San Diego has canyons that network through out the area that I grew up in. We used to have BB Gun wars in the canyons all the time. Took and gave many a welt while participating in those. We also use to bumper surf (holding onto a car while riding on a skate board). Skate boards develop a high speed wobble that is very unnerving.

My last skateboard outing was fairly scarry. We have a steep hill by our house that ends in a "T" intersection. I decided to start at the top of the hill and cruise down it. Rather that zig-zag down the hill to keep speed down, I decided to take a rather straight forward route. I had just bought a new "long board" (think long wheel base) style skate board and wanted to see what it could do. So I head off down the hill. Very quickly I pick up speed and the high speed wobble develops and I realize that I'm in trouble. I crouch down on the board to reduce the wobbles and now I'm really moving. And then I realize that the "T" intersection is coming up fast and I'm gonna have to make the turn or crash into a chain link fence at the bottom of the hill. So as I approach the turn I move to the left side of the street to make a right turn to try and reduce the radius of the turn as much as possible. Just as I get to the turn I stand up and jam the board into the turn. I'm going so fast by this time that the stake board enters into a four wheel drift and I'm drifting toward the fence. I realize that I'm running out of street and I'm not going to make the turn before I drift into the fence. So I stay with the board until the last possible moment and the leap toward the fence and try to stay on my feet running. I hit the ground running heading straight toward the fence. My thinking at the time was that I didn't want to bounce off the fence back into the street so about three feet before the fence I leap into the air hit the chain link fence and grab onto it so I wouldn't rebound into the street. I actually managed to hang onto the fence which was violently shaking back and forth. Soon it stopped shaking and I let go, no harm no foul. Then I hear all this clapping and shouting and I realize that all this had taken place in front of about 15 people that were sitting on a balcony. Their house was on the corner of the "T" intersection and they saw the entire event unfold. The were shouting down at me that they couldn't believe that I went straight down the hill on a skate board and then try to make the turn at that speed and that THEN I managed to ride out the drift and grab the fence. I was a skate board legend for about a week.

Oh and by the way I was 40 at the time. Sold my skateboard about six months later and have never been on one since. I drive down that hill every day. Still gives me shivers thinking about it.
Posted By: heybud Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/16/09 03:30 PM
Our coach in high school used to tie a rope on us and hook it to a car bumper and made us run while driving a increasingly faster speeds. This was to improve our speed. He would stop once we fell so as not to drag us too far. Probably not legal anymore.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/16/09 03:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

...Oh and by the way I was 40 at the time. Sold my skateboard about six months later and have never been on one since. I drive down that hill every day. Still gives me shivers thinking about it.

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/16/09 03:56 PM
ROFLMAO. Brettski you have out done yourself. I'm saving that one to disk.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/16/09 04:51 PM
Im not fessing up to nothin,you guys already think Im crazy.No need to prove it.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Who's Eating Raccoon? - 01/16/09 04:58 PM
Tom, Tom, Tom, we don't think you're crazy.

We're absolutely positive of it.
© Pond Boss Forum