Pond Boss
Posted By: jeffhasapond Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 05:22 PM
Happy Pond Boss Birthday to me,
Happy Pond Boss Birthday to meeee,
Happy Pond Boss Birthday to meeeeeeeeeee,
Happy Pond Boss Birthday to me.

Yep two years ago today I joined Pond Boss. Goes by fast don’t it. I’ve learned tons, laughed a lot, and met lots of new friends.

This is my 1,820th post, that’s an average of 2.49 posts per day. Since I’ve be accused of posting to myself many times and posting useless dribble thereby wasting bandwidth, I decided to audit my posts. Here are the results:

Total number of posts to date: 1,820

Less postings that represent replying to myself : 479

Less posting in which humor (or attempted humor) was the only subject matter: 1,337

Equals number of posts in which something beneficial was added to the forum = 4.

There you have it. Four times I have added useful information to this forum. HA!!!! Take that naysayers! That’s an average of two good posts per year!

Of course now I'm entering into my terrible twos, so all I can say is HANG ON, the ride may get a little bumpy from here on!

Oh and PS, I can’t guarantee that I can maintain the 2 good posts per year average. That may have been a fluke.
Posted By: ewest Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 06:19 PM
\:o - - ;\) - \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 06:30 PM
JHAP, if you've only made 4 useful posts in 2 years, they must have all come during the last week - 'cause you've made at least that many recently.

OTOH, we're in for your "terrible twos" now.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 06:42 PM
Heck, I've only made 1134 posts. You're way ahead of me, JHAP!!

Oh wait, make this the 1135th! Learned that little trick from Theo. I didn't really contribute, but just chit-chatted. However, it counts just the same as a Bill Cody masterpiece.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 07:10 PM
Happy Birthday JHAP.

Anyone know what you get a 2 year old pond nut?
Posted By: heybud Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 07:13 PM
Congrats my friend. I can truthfully say life on the forum hasn't been the same since you came on board. I mean that in a good way. Four informative post put you 3 and half ahead of me.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 07:21 PM
Four informative post in only 2 years. Quit bragging! I've been here 4.33 years, and my only post that was close to an informative post was my masterpiece that suggested that one wear tennis shoes instead of boots when wadding in their pond.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 09:09 PM
Jeff, I think I have had only 4 post that have been funny to spite many attempts. I stick to some attempt at useful info. I enjoy your humor btw, jealous really I do not have the same wit.

PS what is it Sunil, only 2 post that have not had a typo?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/28/08 11:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker
Happy Birthday JHAP.

Anyone know what you get a 2 year old pond nut?

Cash is always good, you can send it to:

Patient Number 1371
Sunnybrook Institute for the Mentally Deficient and Reality Challenged
101 Happy Trails Drive
Sanddy Eggo, CA
Attn: Isolation Ward

Posted By: Rainman Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/29/08 01:13 AM
Happy PBBD!!!

Ain't nothin like tootin your own horn.....You should have added this subject to the "posts to self" section! LOL
Posted By: TOM G Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/29/08 01:31 PM
Congrats,and its not the terrible twos,its the terrific twos on PondBoss
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/31/08 02:14 AM
You had 4 good posts? Really? Aw, come on.

Don't go getting serious on us.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/31/08 02:31 AM
Congrats, JHAP, thanks to you, I now know more about greenies than I ever hoped to learn.
Thanks.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/31/08 04:32 PM
Thanks all for the mostly kind words. \:D

I'm in the process of learning Photoshop, so my terrible two's might be slightly more terrible than previously anticipated.

Can't ya just wait until I'm a rebellious teen??????
Posted By: Rainman Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/31/08 05:04 PM
LORD HELP US!!!!

I wonder where B'ski will be floating?????????????????????

Somehow, I just know that will be Jhap's first, and most used basis photo........Already ROFLMAO
Posted By: Brettski Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/31/08 05:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: Rainman

I wonder where B'ski will be floating?????????????????????

Somehow, I just know that will be Jhap's first, and most used basis photo........Already ROFLMAO

I can only hope he doesn't drop the Cosby Brady kids at the pool
Posted By: Rainman Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/31/08 05:33 PM
I thought in honor of Jeff, I would link back to his first post.

Hillarious from day one! Loved the Al Gore reference!

Jeff's First Newbie Post......My, how they grow.....
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 07/31/08 05:54 PM
JHAP,

I followed Rainmans link and then followed the link to your lake website. You have a beautiful lake/pond.

The Al Gore reference is pretty good. happy late Pond Boss birthday
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 01:15 AM
i'm older than you, and i've made 5 useful posts so there....

happy birthday bro \:\)
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 01:22 AM
 Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes

PS what is it Sunil, only 2 post that have not had a typo?

Now that's funny! \:\) \:D
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 12:11 PM
Yep Bruce as Jeff Foxworthy states the thigns that are true are always the funniest. You claim as funny so post number 5 where I was funny, sweet.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 12:14 PM
For the longest time, Greg, I thought you had one of those things where you just speak and the computer generates the text!
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 12:48 PM
Nope Sunil just bad typing with no spell check ran, too big of a hurry most times. Besides they do not have one of those that picks up my southern drawl.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 01:58 PM
Rainman, thanks for posting the link to my first post. Wow, what a trip down memory lane. Second post and I was already a wisenheimer. That should have been a red flag.

Brett, thanks for the kind words about the pond, I really need to update and upgrade the website - that is always very low on the priority list. Usually when I'm on the internet I'm either researching a tax issue or scrutinizing Pond Boss posts to determine if there are anyone's words I can twist for my own demented purposes (not necessarily in that order of priority).

DIED, thanks for posting. Try to be more of a regular would ya? Dang, lately I feel like teenage girl after I let you go to second base - - you never call, you don't write... \:D

Greg, don't worry about spelling, the only reason my spelling is OK most of the time due to a spell checker.

Thanks again everyone.

Well I've got work to do..... now where are those photos of Brettski, I know I have them around here somewhere.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 02:28 PM
Oh and as an also and besides, this is the very first photo that I posted on Pond Boss. I posted this on August 4, 2006 in the Several unknown facts about redears thread.

Posted By: jeffh Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 07:35 PM
Don't worry JHAP, I have learned in going through numerous topics on this website that when I see your initials I just skip on to the next one...so, post away...
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/01/08 10:39 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
...........DIED, thanks for posting. Try to be more of a regular would ya? Dang, lately I feel like teenage girl after I let you go to second base - - you never call, you don't write... \:D

Posted By: Rainman Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/02/08 07:23 AM
I stand corrected on the first photoshop pic.
Posted By: Ladyfish Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/02/08 07:24 AM
Whoo boy!

I don't admit this in many places, but I am really and truly the one and only sibling of JHAP.

One of his favorite movies when we were kids was, "The Incredible Mr. Limpet" starring Don Knotts.

THAT should have told us something.

BTW. . .did he tell you guys he was born in a sanitarium???

--Ladyfish
Posted By: Sunil Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/02/08 02:55 PM
Welcome aboard, Ladyfish.

No, he didn't tell us he was born in a nuthouse, but we all kind of guessed there was something going on.

It was kind of like the 800 lb. gorilla in the room when you were talking to him at the convention. You know, he'd be talking, and you'd just be nodding your head but really, you'd be wondering "....is this guy nuts or what?"
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/02/08 08:37 PM
a hearty welcome ladyfish, you appear to sound as a normal and grounded individual, isnt it amazing just how different siblings can be from one another \:\)

......yer surrounded now JHAP..... \:\)
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/03/08 02:25 AM
Hey, I really liked Mr. Limpet. As I recall, he dang near whipped the Axis by himself. What a roar.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/03/08 02:19 PM
Welcome Ladyfish, hmmmm, sounds like you are my sister.

And yes because I am the undisputed "Duke of Disclosure" I did in fact inform this forum that I was born in a Sanitarium. In fact you received honorable mention in the post. Here it be:

JHAP was born in a sanitarium

Sunil just doesn't remember because, for reasons that I can only speculate on, his long term memory doesn't seem to function properly.

Oh and as an also and besides The Incredible Mr. Limpet is STILL one of my most favorite movies.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/03/08 02:37 PM
Yo recuerdo ahora, mi amigo.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/03/08 02:51 PM
\:D \:D \:D
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/03/08 05:18 PM
why do i have to press 1 for english?

"I remember now, my friend"
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Happy Pond Boss Birthday! - 08/04/08 01:43 AM
I new him back when...
© Pond Boss Forum