Pond Boss
Posted By: heybud Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 01:00 PM
I know people post on here and occasionally don't get replies. What post has had the most views without ever getting a reply?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 01:13 PM
heybud, I have no idea. I normally navigate the forum using the "Active Topics" list (to try and catch unanswered posts to at least give them a bump), which does not display the number of times viewed.

I may look into this, but it has a lower priority than getting my conference photos posted.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 01:39 PM
Theo, something else for you to do when you go back to work - who is second in thread kills (I'm clearly first). \:D
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 01:53 PM
For curiosity, I would like to see the topic titles that have never received even one reply. I would guess that legitemate pond questions with no answer or reply are very few. Usually someone here has some sort of opinion.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 03:29 PM
Here is one for you.
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=3615&Number=36229#Post36229

My one and only serious post question related to pond management the back bone of pond boss and this forum and I got zealach, nada, zero, none, no replys. So I gave up and went back to posting non-pond related stuff which I normally have done. Blaim it on yourselfs, not me. I tried to do the right thing and look what happened.
Posted By: ewest Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 03:51 PM
Rocky please consider this an apology from the entire Forum. I have never offered that to anyone before. Sometimes we do miss things. I have also had a post or 2 with no reply. I am sure you have seen the info below from Aquaplant. Check your orig thread.

http://aquaplant.tamu.edu/database/submerged_plants/southern_naiad_mgmt.htm

http://aquaplant.tamu.edu/database/algae/muskgrass_mgmt.htm
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 04:12 PM
Ewest no need to apologize I'm just kidding as usual although I was surprised that it never got a reply. I tried the die method, but was a waist of money sense my pond has such a large water shed. It just flushed down stream first real rain. This year the problem has been minimal with still enough room to fish and swim. As said before my ponds have a tremendous BG population probably because of it and the Bass being caught are very healthy. I'm thinking of stocking tilapia next year to control it. The heat and dry weather are now taking a toll and my ponds are dropping like a rock. Weeds are the least of my worries at the moment.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 04:38 PM
Rocky,Im dropping about 1"-1/1/2" a day,it seems like.Is that about what your seeing too?
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 06:02 PM
Tom, I'd say that is about what we are seeing. If you remember when you came fishing just less than 8 weeks ago they were still running water and over full. There all down about 24 inches already and dropping fast. Did you get any rain Sunday? Looked like a big storm down your way? We got 1/2 an inch yesterday.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 06:34 PM
It rained/showered off&on all afternoon and we MIGHT have gotten a 1/2".By the way,I was looking forward to seeing you at the convention,sorry you couldnt make it.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 08:35 PM
Tom glad to see you guys had a good time, wish I could have been there to meet all the folks.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 09:39 PM
I kept lookin' for the biggest, meanest, toughest show attendee so I could shake your hand. Big Al (Ahvatsa) got tired of me tapping him on the shoulder.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 09:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
Blaim it on yourselfs, not me. I tried to do the right thing and look what happened.

The Devil made us do it.

I'm in a union and therefore I'm not allowed to answer that particular question.

My underwear was creeping up on me that day so it was hard to concentrate.

That's all the excuses I can think of for now.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/15/08 10:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
........... Usually someone here has some sort of opinion.

enough said....... \:\)
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 12:13 PM
Who said I was mean, I'll kick the living shi.... out ofem.

I'm just a big ole teddy bear, just ask The Gov, the fly king, the butterpants boy or even lawm mower man. They all know how gentle I am. Ok who said it? GROWL!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got to know one thing. Do you out of state boys now conceed that TEXAS has the BEST Q?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 12:36 PM
As far as the meat goes, hands down yes. Perfect ribs and the best darn brisket I've ever had, plus many other good choices.

As far as rubs, yes.

Sauce-wise, I still miss Todd's Rip Roarin' Ribs in Topanga, CA. Their sauce was was A+++ in my book. TX sauce has only rated A++ for me so far, but then I haven't tried all the sauce in Texas yet - I'lll have to keep coming back and eating TX Q until I have.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 12:44 PM
Sauce? That's used to cover up the taste of lousy Q.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 12:52 PM
Yep, I concede. Q rules.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 12:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
I just got to know one thing. Do you out of state boys now conceed that TEXAS has the BEST Q?

I got my very first taste of Texas BBQ on this trip. All other BBQ pales in comparison (IMHO). In addition to great people, and beautiful property, Texas also has world class BBQ. If I didn't live in California I'd have to really consider living in Texas (assuming of course that Texas would have me, which is a huge assumption on my part).
Posted By: heybud Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 05:39 PM
JHAP, We will take you in Texas any time. We have a few others we may ship out to make room for you. (That is not a slam on your size or anything like that)
Posted By: Brettski Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 06:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: heybud
JHAP, We will take you in Texas any time. We have a few others we may ship out to make room for you. (That is not a slam on your size or anything like that)

\:D \:D
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 07:31 PM
Thats good Tom; real good.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/16/08 09:28 PM
Brutal. I'm backing off, JHAP.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/17/08 12:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski

\:D \:D

Originally Posted By: burgermeister
Brutal. I'm backing off, JHAP.

THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: TOM G Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/17/08 10:49 AM

No,its not a slam on your size,what he meant was that they would have to ship out a few nut cases before you could move here.Will your property be resonable?If you move here I might be forced into the market
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/18/08 12:41 AM
you should really grab them with the title of the thread..."brain pods in my pond" really brought them in!!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/18/08 02:49 AM
Jeez, the diet starts tomorrow (seriously, the diet does start tomorrow).

Next conference I will have 6 pack abs (or at least pony keg abs). The full kegger abs have got to go.

I don't get no respect.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/18/08 01:31 PM
Jeff if it doesn't work out for you, call me. I'll show up and you'll look anorexic.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/18/08 04:10 PM
I appreciate it Rocky, I need all the support I can get.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/18/08 04:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
I appreciate it Rocky, I need all the support I can get.

I suggest a Manzierre in a C cup for you....a FULL C
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/19/08 02:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
I suggest a Manzierre in a C cup for you....a FULL C

DUDE, that was harsh. I take back all of the nice things I said about you.

PS: Got any links to a good Manzierre company from back in the day when you were more abundant? I'm thinking a sexy little black number with some lace.

Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Forum Question for Theo - 07/20/08 02:17 AM
I have a few lovely "bro's" brand new....a couple in red lace (a gift) black and classic pearl....
© Pond Boss Forum