Pond Boss
Posted By: heybud Just my luck a Nudist Colony next door - 06/11/08 09:28 PM
My neighbor on the south side of me has his place for sale. He just stopped by to tell me that he had a group interested in purchasing his place and turning it into a resort. Neighbor said the bad news was that they wanted to turn it into a nudist colony. Just my luck eye sight and everything else is going. I'm thinking about putting about 50 deer blinds on my south fence and renting them by the hour. (this is a true story by the way)
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Just my luck - 06/12/08 12:17 AM
Heybud,

I don't think I'd hurry to invest in the 50 deer blinds. There are a number of "nature camps" around here. For about the last 20 years I've been running into people who are members of these places. The first couple we knew, who were really into this, weighed well over 800 pounds together.

We owned a printing and graphics company for a number of years. We did brochures and various other printing (including rules) for one of the larger "clothing optional" resorts when they moved about 25 miles up the road from where we live now. Had we not done the printing, I would never have associated the name or title of the place with such a resort. But, since we found out what the place was, we now frequently see people in local stores with shirts and hats with the resort logo (a nice red apple with a big green leaf) and the name -- which makes it sound like a place where they study botany and conservation. I'd say that the average shirt wearer or hat wearer is well over the age of 50, and wears XXXL or bigger.

Several years ago we had a young next door neighbor who did deliveries for a local lumber yard. He was about 21 or 22 at the time. He had to deliver a load of lumber to the resort mentioned above shortly after they moved into their new facility (a former girls school). I saw him a few days later. He was still almost speechless. He said he had no idea what he had gotten himself into. After he drove through the gate, he was greeted by a guy who jumped off a backhoe wearing only boots and a tool belt -- ready to shake his hand.

Heybud -- should this get built, and should you visit, remember to take a towel to sit on. That is considered proper etiquette so that you don't leave any unpleasantness on the furniture.

Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Just my luck - 06/12/08 12:36 AM
heybud, thats not the same guy you had problems with? if so, sounds like good luck, except after reading catmandoo's descriptions of the typical inhabitants....yikes......

out here, the towel would be needed for personal protection from thistles, scorpions, and rattle snakes...
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Just my luck - 06/12/08 07:15 PM
Stock up on eye bleach. Always seems that the first one that want to run around with no clothes on are the last ones most people want to see in that state. Sigh!
Posted By: heybud Re: Just my luck - 06/14/08 11:55 AM
I have decided there is not that many people I want to see naked and them ones that I would probably aren't gonna show up at this place.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Just my luck - 06/14/08 12:10 PM
Just remember that everyone is beautiful in their own way (make sure to stress the last four words there).
Posted By: bobad Re: Just my luck a Nudist Colony next door - 06/14/08 02:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: heybud
Just my luck eye sight and everything else is going.

Luckily, nature provides a way to blur the image.
 Originally Posted By: bobad
 Originally Posted By: heybud
Just my luck eye sight and everything else is going.

Luckily, nature provides a way to blur the image.

And if nature doesn't blur your sight sufficiently I recommend you pull a few nose hairs out. Your eyes should water enough to make up the difference.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Just my luck - 06/17/08 12:51 AM
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker
Stock up on eye bleach. Always seems that the first one that want to run around with no clothes on are the last ones most people want to see in that state. Sigh!

What I always found a hoot was the first guy to take his shirt off when it got hot on the lake was the guy that was overweight with a beer belly. And they acted like they were a real stud! LMAO!

I did hear about a couple of biologists that were doing an electroshocking survey on a reservoir in my state that has a nudist colony. There was a nude beauty contest going on and when the boat rounded the bend to see the beach and everything going on, the biologists took their time electroshocking. They said Zsa Zsa Gabor was there. (Long time ago of course).
© Pond Boss Forum