Pond Boss
Posted By: catmandoo Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 12:09 AM
Ten new baby "Gallus Domesticus" came home with me tonight.

They sure are busy little girls. I haven't had peeps in years -- for years we just always got 16-20 month old pullets. I have no idea what kind these are. They are some kind of rock/red sex link from a hatchery in Ohio. I got them through Tractor Supply.

Theo, are you related to any of them??

Ken
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 02:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Ten new baby "Gallus Domesticus" came home with me ... Theo, are you related to any of them??

It's entirely possible, Ken. My mother taught 5th grade for somewhere between 30 and 200 years, and every spring she would hatch a batch of chickens in the incubator my Dad built for her. Towards the end, she was using eggs from a local flock of "Silkies", which have kind of a topknot (a la Woody Woodpecker) and lay green eggs (sans ham), so those more normal looking G. gallus domesticus you brought home would have to be related to one of her earlier broods.

Quote:
I haven't had peeps in years --

Just keep them away from FMcB. \:o He should never be allowed near peeps.
Posted By: davatsa Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 03:41 AM
It's not often you can pick up ten chicks in a day, Ken. And cute ones to boot!
 Originally Posted By: davatsa

as i've said here before....only on pondboss \:D
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 09:37 AM
I shouldn't have let any of them see me eating breakfast!

Posted By: ewest Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 01:19 PM
Keep it up guys - just a few more peeping Gallus jokes and this one can go to the funnies. \:D

Posted By: Dwight Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 01:46 PM
 Quote:

They look high maintenance, though.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 02:15 PM
Here in Southern California you see all of the beautiful and high maintenance chicks that you want.

Just walk along the beach and you'll see the skimpy bikini adorned high maintenance chicks absorbing the rays of the sun in pursuit of the perfect tan.

After awhile you have seen so very, very, many nicely tanned chicks that it gets boring.

You finally get to the point that you don't care if you ever see another beautiful, tanned chick.

Well maybe just one more.......

Posted By: TOM G Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 04:11 PM
Hey hey hey,this is a family website...no nude pics allowed.JHAP,put her clothes back on \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 07:35 PM
Like these 10 chicks that caused temperance to fail, miserably.

Posted By: ewest Re: Gallus Domesticus arrived today - 04/17/08 10:12 PM
JAHP that is one toasted chick - but no one could talk someone into a date by saying "but she has a pretty face" . \:o

Dwight those were some cold looking chicks. Interesting that most of them have their beaks stuck out.
© Pond Boss Forum