Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:08 AM
Our niece April’s husband and their 2 month old baby were in a bad accident on I-494. They were stopped at a light when someone rammed them from the rear sending them out into traffic. The little one died and husband Derek is unresponsive.
Posted By: ewest Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:23 AM
\:\( -- \:\(

So sorry Dwight.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:49 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, Dwight. The power of prayer has been evident on this forum lately. It's time again.
Posted By: bz Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:53 AM
I'm so sorry Dwight - you, your niece, and family have our prayers too.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 07:48 AM
So sorry,condolences and prayers coming from texas
Posted By: Brettski Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 11:25 AM
Too many tears recently...
Children are the worst type of tragic loss.
Unfair.
God bless.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:11 PM
No words can convey our sympathies.
Posted By: heybud Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:21 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. We will light a candle. Hang tough Big Guy.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:29 PM
I'm so sorry, Dwight....
Posted By: davatsa Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 02:31 PM
Prayers for your niece and the rest of the family, Dwight.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 03:27 PM
So sorry to here this and my prayers are with them. What kind of idiot hits someone at a light? I'll bet anything they were on a cell phone or it was a drunk driver. I had a customer t-boned at light by a woman on a cell phone. I once followed someone on a cell phone that couldn't have been going more than 40 mph in a 60 mph zone. Behind me there were at least two dozen cars. I tried to get her attention with my lights, horn etc. as I was afraid she was going to cause an accident. She was only paying attention to the cell phone and was oblivious to her surroundings.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 10:42 PM
Dwight,

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Nothing but time can even begin lessen the hurt and loss. Oh, how different it is when it is not only senseless, but when it also effects generations who will be robbed of the happiness of those taken so young.

Ken and Lynda
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bad Day - 03/30/08 11:22 PM
Dwight,

I am so very sorry to hear of this needless tragedy.

You are in our family's thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: MarkECIN Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 12:45 AM
Sincere condolences, Dwight; you and your family are in my prayers. Take care...........dot
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 02:01 PM
Thanks Guys!

The death a a baby is near to Gail and my hearts as we lost our daughter Cynthia when she was 6 months old some 30 odd years ago. Though long past we still think and talk about her often.

There is some better news to report on Derek. He has shown response to foot stimuli and they don't think he will have permanent brain damage. The brain has severe bruising and in layman's terms has shut itself down for repairs.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 03:25 PM
Dwight:

I am so sorry about this.

It is a great privilege and joy to get to love and care for a child, even if it's not for anywhere near as long as we would like.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 06:09 PM
I go speechless about this stuff. I consider children very precious.
Posted By: deaner Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 07:50 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with your entire family.
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear this Dwight, thoughts and prayers from up north.

I have always had a tough time hearing about bad things happening to children but now as a parent I find it often overwhelming.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 08:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
Thanks Guys!

The death a a baby is near to Gail and my hearts as we lost our daughter Cynthia when she was 6 months old some 30 odd years ago. Though long past we still think and talk about her often.

There is some better news to report on Derek. He has shown response to foot stimuli and they don't think he will have permanent brain damage. The brain has severe bruising and in layman's terms has shut itself down for repairs.

Wow that's got to be tough.

I hope Derek pulls through and my prayers are with him.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bad Day - 03/31/08 10:00 PM
Lucy is an organ donor and her little heart has already gone on to save another baby somewhere.
Posted By: Weissguy Re: Bad Day - 04/01/08 01:57 AM
God bless you Lucy.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Bad Day - 04/02/08 05:22 AM
sorry i missed this dwight, what a blessing that Lucy can help save someone else in need. Godspeed on Derek's recovery.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bad Day - 04/06/08 01:30 AM
Lucie's funeral was today and it was very sad; such a tiny little baby and tiny little casket. Even the minister had a hard time getting through some parts.

The thing that still bothers me is that Derek is doing better and the first thing he will ask when he awakens, is how is Lucie. She will be gone..... \:\(
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Bad Day - 04/06/08 01:36 AM
That is gut wrenching, Dwight. Somehow, it all has to make sense to keep your sanity at times. Peace be with you and your loved ones.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bad Day - 04/06/08 02:08 AM
Gut wrenching, yes. Dwight, is Derek still nonresponsive?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bad Day - 04/06/08 02:41 AM
Derek is beginning to respond as his brain bruising and swelling subside. They had him sitting in a chair yesterday and breathing on his own. The Doctors are now saying that he may not have any permanent brain damage, though a long recovery.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Bad Day - 04/06/08 01:14 PM
So sad Dwight. Derek is going to need all of you. Prayers of peace to you and your family.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bad Day - 04/06/08 03:01 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Dwight. As Bski said there have been too many tears on this forum lately. Let us all focus prayer and positive energy on Derek and ask for a complete recovery and ask that Dwights family have the strength to stand strong during these difficult times.
© Pond Boss Forum