Pond Boss
Posted By: ceadmin Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/25/08 01:40 PM
Myself I like Babe Winkelman and Tred Barta come in at a close second (minus his attitude).
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/25/08 02:28 PM
Babe's my favorite too. Unfortunately I don't get the Outdoor Channel anymore unless I upgrade and we all know what a scam that is. Right now 90 percent of the channels I get I don't want as in shopping channels, TV evangelists, infomercials, MTV, Hollywood, etc.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/25/08 04:19 PM
the only ones i "cant miss" are a couple local cable shows here called "angler west" and "true bass" because they primarily focus on local norcal waters that i fish on or would like to fish on.

if they are on when i'm just checkin things out, i like alot of the "national" shows including babe's (good fishin), bass pros, north to alaska, and bill dance, although i wish dance would talk more about the private ponds he fishes WRT pond mgmt.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/25/08 05:33 PM
Love Hank Parker for his personality.

Always loved Tony Dean for his regional flair--lots of trips to South Dakota.

In-Fisherman has a pretty good show right now that stays fairly scientific. I like that.
Posted By: ewest Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/25/08 06:26 PM
In-Fisherman for the science,
Bill Dance for fishing.
Posted By: JHFV Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/25/08 09:37 PM
Bill Dance, Hank Parker, Shaw Grigsby and i just started watching "Hunt for big fish" with Larry Dahlberg. Most recent was him going to Columbia to fish for peacock bass, it was awesome! The dude is a tropper!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/25/08 10:31 PM
Hunt for Big Fish is great. He goes after the El Dorado's and that's crazy.

I like Bill Dance for fishing, but sometimes you like to see more than just LMB. I agree with ewest on In-Fisherman, and Angler's Edge is the same (after the Lindner's Non-Compete's ran out).

Even though some are soured on their experience with North American Fishing Club (or whatever its called), their TV show is pretty good
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/26/08 12:00 AM
I loved the show Wallace Wildlife when I was a kid, they shot it in color 8mm. Nowadays I like hank parker, and I will ALWAYS be a fan of Jimmy Houston. JH is a big reason I have the love that I do f or fishing. i recall watching his show on sunday morning sitting in the den with my lil plano tackle baox, arranging and rearranging the few precious lures I had. Good times..
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/26/08 12:44 AM
Is "American Sportsman" with Kurt Gowdy still on? \:\)
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/26/08 12:46 AM
I wish! He used to go fishing with Dick Butkis for marlin and they'd get skunked EVERY time. It was awesome.
Posted By: Bing Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/26/08 01:11 AM
Virgil Ward is at the top of my list.

Bing
Posted By: Weissguy Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/26/08 03:19 AM
Bill Dance is my favorite. In-fisherman is great for learnin' stuff though.

For a laugh, check out Bill Dance's bloopers on youtube:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=bill+dance+bloopers&search_type=
Posted By: Bing Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/27/08 01:14 AM
Bill Dance,
Hank Parker,
The Bass Pros,
Keith Warren,
Jimmy Houston

No longer on the air:
Virgil Ward
Jerry McGinnis
Posted By: ewest Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/27/08 01:23 AM
Jerry McGinnis if that was the guy with the dachshunds that fished with him it was a great program for many years.
Posted By: Bing Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/27/08 01:35 AM
I know he had a dog in some segments but I don't remember the species. He traveled all over the earth filming segments. He was on the air over 25 years and stopped, I believe, in 06. I especially remember him fishing with and interviewing Ted Williams. I believe he also fished with Bobby Knight some. For about 6 episodes in 07 they showed old shows which ended with a roast of him in Arkansas. Forrest Wood and many others honored him.

Virgil Ward was on the air back in the 1960s. Back in those days they kept most of the fish and I remember Ward having a clip style metal stringer handing over the side of the boat. Ward is the originator of the Beetle Spin, one of the best pond baits of all time.

Bing
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 03/27/08 02:30 AM
I'm with Bing, grew up watching Virgil Ward on Saturday with my Dad when we weren’t out fishing ourselves. I personally lost all respect for Jimmy Houston last year when he was in that clip bow hunting that big deer inside of a small high fence enclosure giggling his ass off. Still enjoy Hank Parker and Bill Dance for their humor and entertainment.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Favorite Fishing Shows - 05/15/08 05:49 PM
Linder, In fisherman, Hank Parker, The Bass Pros
© Pond Boss Forum