Pond Boss
Posted By: catmandoo USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/24/08 01:01 AM
On Easter evening, the USS Enterprise, CVNX-88, encountered rough seas in Catmandoo Pond:

Thankfully, the heavy seas subsided, and the USS Enterprise headed toward port:

Just before sunset, the massive ship was seen heading under Catmandoo Bridge:

The 4-1/2 year-old captain successfully docked the ship:

(The "captain" lives on the property adjacent to ours.)
Posted By: davatsa Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/24/08 01:28 AM
Great pics, Ken!

Glad to see the ice is completely off the pond.
That's great. One of my all time favorite posts on the forum. Two thumbs up!!! \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: Lee Smith Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/24/08 03:00 AM
Great to see those RC boats coming out to play now that the calendar is marching on.

The "young fella" seems to enjoy the boat. This is an example of family fun at the pond.

My pond still has about 3 ft of ice, so boating season is still only a dream for me.

Lee
Just out of curiousity how far does the remote work on that?
Ken, that's what it's all about. And, I don't mean the carrier.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/24/08 12:43 PM
All,

Thanks for the great comments. This little boy, and our youngest grand daughter, really get a big kick out of the pond -- whether feeding the fish or catching them.

I've got about 30 winter trout left in the pond. They are really easy to catch and they put on quite a show when hooked. I'm thinking that I'm mainly going to let kids who are 10 and under take most of them out.

Cecil -- I don't know the range. The batteries were getting weak on the Enterprise (too much time in the bathtub according to the Captain's father). It was never more than about 25 feet from the remote control. But, I would expect a range of at least a couple of hundred feet. By the way, it does come with aircraft that it can lauch. Maybe you could use one of these to scare your GBHs.

Ken
Posted By: ewest Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/24/08 01:02 PM
Ken nothing better than kids pics. \:\)

My Dad flew off the old Big E circa 1942.
I'm a Yorktown man myself. I've been lucky enough to spend two Scouting weekends on her.

U.S.S. Yorktown at Patriot's Point
Posted By: TOM G Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/24/08 01:30 PM
Cat,great pics,I love the kids pics from the pond.My grandkids also always have a blast doing whatever at the pond.

Theo...how far does the remote work on THAT baby,even though I couldnt put in my pond anyway
 Originally Posted By: ewest
Ken nothing better than kids pics. \:\)

My Dad flew off the old Big E circa 1942.

Wow Eric I bet your dad had some stories to tell. What theater was the Big E in -- Pacific I assume?
 Originally Posted By: catmandoo
All,

Thanks for the great comments. This little boy, and our youngest grand daughter, really get a big kick out of the pond -- whether feeding the fish or catching them.

I've got about 30 winter trout left in the pond. They are really easy to catch and they put on quite a show when hooked. I'm thinking that I'm mainly going to let kids who are 10 and under take most of them out.

Cecil -- I don't know the range. The batteries were getting weak on the Enterprise (too much time in the bathtub according to the Captain's father). It was never more than about 25 feet from the remote control. But, I would expect a range of at least a couple of hundred feet. By the way, it does come with aircraft that it can lauch. Maybe you could use one of these to scare your GBHs.

Ken

Thanks great minds think alike! I think it would be funny to put an alligator facade on one and direct it toward a GBH to see how it would react. \:D
Posted By: Weissguy Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/24/08 05:10 PM
Very cool. This just further fuels my desire to buy an RC submarine and mount a waterproof wireless camera on it. hehe
Posted By: Lee Smith Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/25/08 05:05 AM
Well Weissguy, prepare to drool.

I'm having a professional model building friend build a super-nice sub for me ... my treat to myself.

Here's a link to his progress so far.

Lots of pictures for you to enjoy.

Lee

http://www.subpirates.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3957
Posted By: Weissguy Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/25/08 05:24 AM
Lee, that is AWESOME! Make sure to get a video up of the maiden voyage. I'll be waiting. \:\)
Posted By: TOM G Re: USS Enterprise Docks in Catmandoo Pond - 03/25/08 09:59 AM
LEE,Im wading across my keyboard here.Whats that baby gonna cost when yer finished,roughly?
© Pond Boss Forum