Pond Boss
using them as bait i know bullheads and warouth/rockbass can live in harsh waters that other fish wont will they probably be fine ina 5 gallon bucket full of water for a day before my fishing trip?

i plan to go this weekend but to catch these i have to walk 3 miles n the woods to a spot where i catch them in a oxbow lake i did it the other day n they lived a good 4 hours in 4 inches of water im wondering if i filled it up if theyd b able to live for awhole day for my fishing trip
Posted By: Bill D. Re: keeping warmouth and bullheads alive? - 02/19/19 03:13 AM
I've kept shiners in a bucket for 3 or 4 days no problem. I change 1/3 to 1/2 of the water once or twice everyday and I have a cheap aquarium air pump and air stone in the bucket. Keep the water cool. Sometimes I'll drop some ice cubes in if I think it's getting too warm.
ya i planned to get lake water first then add ice cubes every few hours just dont wana have to get up at day break walk for an hour to the site have t fish for an hour then walk out then go to my spot getting tired sweaty before i go have to walk more to set out limb lines ect

just wana make sure to keep them alive cause im targeting flatheads with my limb lines
© Pond Boss Forum