Pond Boss
Posted By: JohnK Hot Tub for breeding tank - 09/21/08 05:26 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has attempted to use a hot tub to breed fatheads or any type of fish. I see free hot tubs and very cheap hot tubs all the time around here. I figured a decent working tub would make an excellent starting tank for breeding fish. My idea would be to breed fatheads for my pond and maybe eventually sell some to the local bait shops. The tubs have built in heat controls and filters , what better tank can you get. If anyone has done this or has any plans on how to use one for this I would be very interested in hearing from you. Thank you, John
Posted By: Rainman Re: Hot Tub for breeding tank - 09/21/08 06:17 AM
I have heard of a few people using them for grow-out tanks.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Hot Tub for breeding tank - 09/21/08 01:12 PM
See Redneck Aquaculture
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hot Tub for breeding tank - 09/21/08 04:47 PM
I read the thread Theo ,but all the pictures are gone. Do you have any idea how to get them or are they just gone? Also ,do you know if he posted later to say if his system worked and was successful at breeding or not? I am interested in breeding gambusia and fatheads in a tank like this. If anyone knows how to get a hold of meadowlark I would really like to know if this worked and get some technical info and good pictures of how he set this up. Hot tubs are a dime a dozen around here and I would love to make good use of them. Thanks, John
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Hot Tub for breeding tank - 09/21/08 06:31 PM
john, meadowlark had/has a nice website probably with the pics posted on it, and a way to contact him, unfortunately i dont have the address....perhaps someone else here has it?

you might search here for something along the lines of "meadowlark ranch website" or "meadowlark ponds website"

i miss ML posting, he was/is a great contributor this site.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Hot Tub for breeding tank - 09/21/08 07:35 PM
http://www.meadowlarkponds.com/
© Pond Boss Forum