Pond Boss
Posted By: dan1962 Raising "fiddle" worms in a bed - 03/20/08 04:38 AM

This inquiry is for the southern boys mostly,does anyone know if you can raise "fiddle"worms in a worm bed like you can with redworms and nightcrawlers? I have yet to see a fish that will turn down a fiddle worm and since they can grow up to a foot long one worm will go a long way.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Raising "fiddle" worms in a bed - 03/20/08 12:16 PM
I dont see why not.Ive never seen them but I would try it If I had some.Growing worms is one of the easiest things Ive done in a long time.If you can catch some,thow em in a bed and see how they do.
Posted By: dan1962 Re: Raising "fiddle" worms in a bed - 03/23/08 02:13 AM

I hope they will,there is a area behind my fathers house where they will come up fairly easily with the right vibrations in the ground,I was hoping to get a gallon jug full and try to get them to live and was mainly wondering how big of a container to put them in,as I said they do get very long.Also,I did not want to offend our friends from above the Mason-Dixon line but most folks from up there have never heard of rubbing a small tree and making worms come up out of the ground.I have had people swear that I am lying to them.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Raising "fiddle" worms in a bed - 03/23/08 10:43 AM
dan,read the thread on raising eruopean nightcrawlers.We talked about wormbins there.When the weather warms a bit maybe you could sell me some to try in central Texas.
© Pond Boss Forum