Pond Boss
Posted By: RobA Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/02/08 10:27 PM
Got the new Pond Boss today. Not sure if I finally got an issue before Sunil or if he just can't log on to tell us.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 01:05 AM
I bow to your new title, RobA, Oh He Who Receiveth Thou Issue Beforeth Me.

Truly though, I think this is at least the second time you've gotten pole position.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 01:09 AM
It's just not right for a state to have Paterno, Bradshaw and early Pond Boss privileges. \:\(
Posted By: RobA Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 01:14 AM
I just reread my post. I typed "him" instead of "Sunil". Just edited it. Funny thing is most people probably knew who I meant.

Sunil - the magazine is mailed from State College, right? That's about right between us. Explains why we're lucky.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 01:24 AM
Yeah, State College is where they print & mail it. I try to milk it as a "PA is great" thing as long as I can.

I'm not a Penn State man so I can't sign off on Paterno being up there w/ Bradshaw, but I accept it.

I'll have to think of some more fine notable points about Pennsylvania to help rub this in...as long as I get my PB tomorrow that is.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 09:11 AM
Rob,Ill be by later this week to blow up your mailbox
Posted By: Sunil Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 01:26 PM
TOM G, bring a bullhead or two with you. RobA has new water!

On second thought, bring two bullheads, one male & one female.

RobA will be thanking you for years to come!
Posted By: TOM G Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 02:03 PM
Sunil,I dont have any bullheads,I hope,but I can give the HERONS directions to his place if it'll help him out.Dang ,I probably wont see mine for another month!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 05:17 PM
Rob, you took all of the fun out of it. You ask us to guess what was in your mail box and then you tell us right away. While waiting for the thread to load I had though of three or four guesses and now they are worthless. My guesses were:

1. Letter from Publishers Clearing House indicating that you have a chance of winning one Bazillion Gillion dollars.

2. The new and revised Cabelas catalog after their merger with Victoria's Secret. The new company's catalog will be named Cableas Secret and will feature scantily clad women modeling provocative fishing gear.

3. A Ring Tailed Lemur with a horrible New Year's Eve hangover. (those Lemurs both love to party and to sleep one off in a cozy place).
Posted By: Chad Fikes Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 05:48 PM
I can't believe that ya'll get it in your mailbox before we even get it at Pond Boss world headquarters. Sometimes life just isn't fair.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 05:50 PM
Chad, perhaps a Ring Tailed Lemur would be a nice addition to the PB HQ?
Posted By: Bing Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/03/08 11:10 PM
Got mine today, 1/3/08.

Bing
Posted By: RobA Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/04/08 02:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Rob, you took all of the fun out of it. ...My guesses were:

1. Letter from Publishers Clearing House indicating that you have a chance of winning one Bazillion Gillion dollars....

I saw something in my mailbox saying I won lots of $$$$ but I was more interested in my new issue of Pond Boss!!!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/05/08 01:15 AM
Got mine today. Hours of good reading coming up! \:\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/05/08 02:48 AM
Got mine today too.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/05/08 02:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Got mine today. Hours of good reading coming up! \:\)

Got mine today as well. Hours of good reading already accomplished with more to follow.
Posted By: BrianShpock Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/05/08 03:00 AM
Roba,
I got mine on 01/02/08 at 1100 hours. Made for good reading in the cold freeze were in here. It was magazine day Cabelas, Basspro, PondBoss, Bowhunter, HarborFreight, and no bills made it enjoyable.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/05/08 07:29 PM
Jan-Feb Pond Boss mag arrived in NW Ohio on Saturday 1-05-08.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/06/08 03:49 PM
windy city = ka-ching!
-
-
Kudos to the forum members that contributed.
-
A special mention to Matt! That should earn a couple extra pond-toy credit points with the bookeeper.
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/07/08 07:17 PM
Brettski:

Richard Peterson interviewed me a couple months ago about this and I agreed his article would be cool.

That little kid in the pic's is REALLY excited! I told him he's now world-famous.

Side note...how does one get additional copies of the mag? I want want for his grandparents and NEED to get one ASAP for his dad. He's in the military and is shipping out in a week or so. I want him to be able to take a copy of PB along to show off to all his buddies. This has to happen fast, though.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/07/08 07:30 PM
Call Kathy at PB HQ. If you can't get that one special copy asap, send me a PM and I'll send him my copy asap. You can catch me up later.

-
...most things for my pal, Matt
...anything for the protectors of my country
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/07/08 07:43 PM
Thanks, Brettski...I assume I can get the phone number from the PB website...I'm heading there, right now.

Appreciate it.
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/07/08 07:49 PM
Wow, was that ever easy!!! And, since the article was about my property, she's sending them out GRATIS! Man, I knew there was a reason I really enjoy this site and the mag.

This young man's old man is just gonna flip...we've kept it secret from him, so it's really gonna be a surprise for him. And..he get's to show off his now "world-famous" son to all his buddies.

Thanks for the heads-up Brett.
ATTENTION PONDMEISTERS:

THE PONY EXPRESS HAS FINISHED THE JOURNEY

DIED RECEIVES JAN/FEB ISSUE TODAY!!

anybody else still lacking? i trust the superwait belt resides in el dorado.
Posted By: Rad Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/15/08 12:14 PM
D.I.E.D.
I am not always constant, but occasionally hold the title, still waiting. I have adopted a rule that I can't read the previous issue until I have the next in hand.
Oh and did I mention that I caught a nine pound tilapia, no? well I caught a nine pound tilapia, one of my babies.
Posted By: george1 Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/15/08 12:38 PM
 Originally Posted By: dave in el dorado ca
ATTENTION PONDMEISTERS:

THE PONY EXPRESS HAS FINISHED THE JOURNEY

DIED RECEIVES JAN/FEB ISSUE TODAY!!

anybody else still lacking? i trust the superwait belt resides in el dorado.

Originally Posted By: Rad
D.I.E.D.
I am not always constant, but occasionally hold the title, still waiting. I have adopted a rule that I can't read the previous issue until I have the next in hand.
Oh and did I mention that I caught a nine pound tilapia, no? well I caught a nine pound tilapia, one of my babies.

I'm about 75 miles from PondBoss world headquaters and mine arrived yesterday....
\:\( ... ... ... :D... :o... ...
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/15/08 05:25 PM
Man, she really came through. Put 'em in the mail last Tuesday, they showed up yesterday and I got 5 copies. Gonna have to share them with little Levi's g-parents, parents AND my family.

Thanks for the heads-up, Brettski.
Posted By: cliffbrook Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/18/08 02:39 AM
so, been wondering where mine is, light bulb went off and i resubscribed....

da
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/18/08 04:49 PM
Hmmmm, Matt that sort of reminds me of an old "Dr. Hook" song....

Pond Boss Mag,
Wanna see my picture on the cover
Pond Boss Mag,
Wanna buy five copies for my mother
Pond Boss Mag,
Wanna see my smilin' face
On the cover of the Pond Boss Maggggggg

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/18/08 04:51 PM
My poor old gray-haired Daddy refuses to drive my limo until my picture graces the PBMag cover.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Guess what was in my mailbox? - 01/18/08 05:11 PM
I hate it when that happens.........
© Pond Boss Forum