Pond Boss
Posted By: dehar Milky water - 09/20/07 04:18 AM
Hope someone can give my some help with this. We went out tonight to feed the fish and noticed the pond has changed from yesterday's green water to today's milky water. Our pond is 1 1/2 acre pond and it looks like someone dumped a 5 gallon pail of white paint in it. It's just tinted with a white tint. The fish still ate good, weather here today was around 90 and clear. No rain in the last month. Nothing at all has changed. Also I have not noticed any odor from the water. Clarity has been around 18". I didn't measure it today. Also the average depth is 10 feet. No I don't have an aeration system yet, wish I did but we are working on getting one. Hope someone has some ideas what is going on.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Milky water - 09/20/07 05:07 AM
maybe somebody did dump something in?

what's the color soil in yer area?

that is strange, i have no clue, never seen that before. lets see if anyone has any ideas.
Posted By: dehar Re: Milky water - 09/20/07 05:18 AM
Most of the area is red, we have a locked gate to the entrance and only 3 neighbors around close, which we know and get along with. I'm going back out in the morning and see what it looks like. I also thought it looked really strange, we have owned the property about 4 years and it has never done this before. It's only a mile from were we live and we go out every day so I notice really fast when something doesn't look right.
© Pond Boss Forum