Pond Boss
Posted By: okiefish16 scary pond - 07/31/07 03:14 PM
Here is what my wife calls the scary pond. The fence is the property line. So, what can I do with it?

Posted By: Cary Martin Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 03:26 PM
To block out the "Harry Potter Scary Trees" I would plant tall aquatics like Bull Rush and Cattails.

Both of those could be controled with Rodeo herbicide. Since your section of the pond is so small, I would simply aquascape the entire thing. In front of the bull rush, I would plant pickerlweed and blue flag iris. Finally, at the bank I would plant cordgrass.

That way you would have the pretty flowers of all the plants and no maintenance.

If you want fish, a different story. You would have to create a habitat more apealing to them on your side of the fence opposed to the other side.

Lastly you could create the Los Vegas pond and install a water wall (We use those in fire fighting) and at night you could play reruns of Father knows best and Ozzy and Harriet for your freinds.

All joking aside, I suggest the aquascaping route.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 03:37 PM
Either that's really shallow or they make much taller T-posts than I thought they did. How deep?

The more I look at it, the more I like it. I'd enhance it with an Addams-family styled dock, a remote-controlled mechnical sea monster, and a wet-suit modified to look like the creature from the black lagoon.
Posted By: Sunil Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 05:19 PM
I think this is what you really have to be scared of with this scary pond:

Posted By: okiefish16 Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 06:16 PM
not very deep. On my side about 8 to 10"s deepest maybe 3 feet.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 06:21 PM
or this

Posted By: Keith Wolfe Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 07:02 PM
I would raise fatheads for my other pond and trap them for supplimental stocking. Are there any fish in it?
Posted By: okiefish16 Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 07:34 PM
yes, I put a couple dozen FH and a few baby CNBG
Posted By: Dwight Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 07:42 PM
Get a 55 Gallon drum of yellow food coloring and under cover of night, dump it in.

Tell the neighbor that it is a toxic dump site and that you are willing to by 10 acres of his land and his part of the pond for one dollar. Be sure to use words like EPA, aquifer, contaminated, and Superfund during your discussion.

Since you will have to clean up this toxic dump site, he will think he is getting out from under a pile of expense and will gratefully sell.

During the “cleanup” you can expand the pond size and make it a beautiful place stocked with big fish. \:\)
Posted By: Alligator Re: scary pond - 07/31/07 08:24 PM
Plant some milo and set up a duck blind?
Posted By: Pat32rf/cf Re: scary pond - 08/04/07 01:49 AM
Can you borrow a backhoe? Would the neighbour rather the water be gone from his side so he can use the land?.If the hole on your side was a lot bigger and deeper would there be enough water to fill it? How patient is your wife?
© Pond Boss Forum