Pond Boss
Posted By: Eastland 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 03:15 AM
I can't wait for the PB convention to begin !!! Looking forward to meeting everyone ! Who can I expect to see at the Wyndham bar on Thursday night ???
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 05:52 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Eastland:
I can't wait for the PB convention to begin !!! Looking forward to meeting everyone ! Who can I expect to see at the Wyndham bar on Thursday night ???
I'm not much of an alcohol consumer (not saying consumption in moderation is bad at all), but if that is where everyone congregates I may be there. Maybe I'll be the guy with the milk mustache! LOL (actually can't drink milk due to a latose intolerance)
Posted By: Sunil Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 12:22 PM
So far, the folliwng gents have surfaced for Thursday night:

FamilyTradition, Condello, Bing, ahvatsa, Norm Kopecky, BarO, and zhkent

Some will have guests with them.

I know that ewest said he'd be around, as will the Guvnor. george said he'd be around for collecting a few debts payable in units of Shinerbock. Cecil has indicated in the affirmative.

As of now, the Wyndham bar looks to be the most simple plan.

Eastland, if you want to PM me your cell phone number, I'll add it to my list for the last minute plans or changes.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 12:49 PM
Somebody had better PM FatMcB. I'll bet he shows up.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 12:49 PM
I should be there, barring unseen delays by helpful TSA personnel enroute.

Sunil, tell the bar to lay in a big supply of DMD!
Posted By: ewest Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 12:52 PM
CB1 you can join me in a glass of a unsweetened tea. Getting up real early limits things for me. Ditto Eastland's excitement. \:\)
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 02:13 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Somebody had better PM FatMcB. I'll bet he shows up.
...AND HOW ABOUT THEM TEXAS AGGIES B-BALL TEAM!!!!

At Nebraska, basketball is just an intermural sport. Just a couple of years ago we took down the peach baskets and put up real nets.
Posted By: BarO Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 02:26 PM
eric,

Remember the good ole' days when we would just stay up and party all night and somehow barely survive the meetings the next day. Then, recover fully by happy hour that evening. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 02:37 PM
At Nebraska, basketball is just an intramural sport. The best basketball players are on the ladies volleyball team..
Posted By: rmedgar Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 03:03 PM
I'll by there in the early evening. If you see a table with a guy sleeping, and 3 empty beers in front of him. That'd be me.
Randy

"Did you miss me Al?" "With every bullet so far Peg!"
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 03:23 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
I should be there, barring unseen delays by helpful TSA personnel enroute.
You know that crossed my mind too! The other day I was sighting in a new rifle and was putting the bullets in my jacket pocket because they were a pain to get out of the box. It suddenly dawned on me I had better make sure my jacket pockets are empty when I go through the metal detector at airport!

Almost had a rift with a TSA agent a couple of years ago at the Tampa airport. I hadn't flown since pre 9/11 except for on the way down, and set my bag on the conveyer and waited for it to go through as it had at a previous airport. The TSA agent barked at me, "Sir that bag is not going through by itself." (Really bad attitude) I came really close to saying, "Well what do you do for your pay if you can't push a bag through?" but the guy in the background with the M-16 made me bite my tongue. (The TSA had a counch potato physique btw if you know what I mean. If he didn't have the guy with the M-16 backing him and I was a bad guy I wouldn't be too worried!) \:D

One of my personal pet peeves is people that get into postions of authority and decide to use that postion to be an jerk. If I wanted to be treated like I'm in basic training I'd sign back up. I see no point in being rude to the public.
;\)
Posted By: claybird Re: 5 days !!! - 03/18/07 10:28 PM
Claybird and her better half (Jim and Mardi Mauch) will be in attendance at the Wyndham on Thursday evening. I PMed Sunil. Thanks!
© Pond Boss Forum