Pond Boss
Posted By: wickedinhere Blue/green pond water? - 03/12/07 04:41 PM
There is a pond that is close to my property that has a blue/green tint to it and i always wondered why it was that color. I have another neighbor that is digging a pond and i went to look at it the other day and the water in it was the same color and it only has a few feet of water in it. These 2 ponds are in line with each other behind my property. Here is a pic of the first pond and the other pond in question is to the right of it about 500 feet(no pic yet) . Notice the bigger pond in the front is muddy. Does anyone know why they are this color? Could it be a spring? I know that they are not dyed.Here is the link to the pic. blue/green pond
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Blue/green pond water? - 03/12/07 09:38 PM
That's what the old sand pits look like around the Houston area after the water table fills them up after the they quit pumping them out.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Blue/green pond water? - 03/13/07 01:05 AM
It could be that the blue green one has a lot of nutrient running in and the other has a bunch of sand uphill.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Blue/green pond water? - 03/13/07 01:25 AM
My ponds are a very clear blue/green when I first fill them with well water. Could also be the combination of phytoplankton in your area that causes that. You're sure they are not using a dye?
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: Blue/green pond water? - 03/13/07 10:14 AM
No dye because there still digging the second pond.
© Pond Boss Forum