Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Free fish management books - 02/19/07 02:51 PM
Anybody want some free fish management books? (not private ponds). I've been doing some sorting (book case is about to collapse) and would be willing to ship free about 10 books and journals to anyone that wants them. Be warned these are not for the layman and quite complex. Probably the best recepient would be a fisheries major.

First one to PM me with a mailing address gets the books. If I get some time and no one has pm'd me yet I will list the titles but they all have to go to one person.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Free fish management books - 02/19/07 02:54 PM
Pm on the way
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Free fish management books - 02/19/07 03:31 PM
Sent you one back.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Free fish management books - 02/19/07 05:09 PM
Dang, Greg you beat me to it.

Cecil if you have anymore that you dont want I will sure take them.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Free fish management books - 02/19/07 06:44 PM
I notice by the posting times that Greg responded in three minutes. Not much of a window for anybody else. :p \:D
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Free fish management books - 02/19/07 06:52 PM
Bruce what is funny is I sometimes I go a week without having time to look at site or even being in the office at all. I guess it was meant to be.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Free fish management books - 02/19/07 07:11 PM
Sorry Slymer 1986 I just shipped them to Greg UPS. Greg you should get them on Wednesday. Don't worry about the shipping. Just glad they found a home. Didn't really want to pitch them.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Free fish management books - 02/19/07 10:26 PM
At least let me buy you a beer in TX for the books. IF nothing else they will make me look professional if anyone ever comes in the office.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Free fish management books - 02/20/07 04:28 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Grimes:
At least let me buy you a beer in TX for the books. IF nothing else they will make me look professional if anyone ever comes in the office.
Actually I don't usually find beer all that tasty believe it or not. I guess I'm just weird.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Free fish management books - 02/20/07 04:35 AM
I'll take Cecil's beer. ;\)
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Free fish management books - 02/20/07 12:27 PM
Cecil I thought that was a requirment to live in midwest. I really am confused on ice fishing I was told that was main ingredient in successful ice fishing trip.

Bruce I got you one already on order.
Posted By: Shawn Banks Re: Free fish management books - 02/20/07 07:59 PM
Greg,

If W.E. Ricker's 1975 "Computation and interpretation of biological statistics of fish populations" shows up in the shipment, then we'll have do some trading.

I figure that book would provide some nice nighttime reading to my 9 month old daughter. "...and then Addison, the nice fisheries man graphed catch at age and calculated total annual mortality". Maybe I'll stick with Dr. Seuss.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Free fish management books - 02/20/07 08:07 PM
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"?

One fish, two fish, redear sunfish , BG fun-fish
\:D :p
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Free fish management books - 02/21/07 04:33 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
I'll take Cecil's beer. ;\)
It's you're Bruce!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Free fish management books - 02/21/07 02:57 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"?

One fish, two fish, redear sunfish , BG fun-fish
\:D :p
FINALLY, a thread about raising fish in language that I can understand!!! \:D
© Pond Boss Forum