Pond Boss
Posted By: Sunil Who's going? - 02/07/07 03:09 AM
So, who's all in for the meeting?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 04:30 AM
I'm good as there. Booking my flight tomorrow.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 04:44 AM
Bruce Condello - Would you mind bringing Big Head Sally, Cor, Ona, and Furhead with you in your luggage? They really love how fish grow larger and more numerous during happy hour. ;\)
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 11:52 AM
I'll be driving the 6.5 miles.
Posted By: ewest Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 04:44 PM
See you all there and stop by the moderators booth to meet , visit and enjoy the slide show -- your pond , face or fish might be in it. George will be tying some flies , we will be posting live and taking pics. There will be some surprises and Bob will give away a door prize or 2. \:\) \:D
Posted By: trialsguy Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 07:21 PM
Darnit I wish I could be there! I have to reserve my 2 weeks vacation for my high adventure trip to Philmont Scout reservation in New Mexico in June, 65 miler back packing trip this time. What a place! wouldnt miss it for the world! Maybe next year I will get to meet you guys in person, for some it seems like we have already met.
Posted By: Big Don Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 07:50 PM
I am there!!!!.....I would like to donate a door prize. I feel like i have gained so much from you guys. Let me know if i need to send it in advance or just bring it.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 08:27 PM
This will undoubtedly go down as the hardest decision I had to make in 2007........but unless my schedule changes, i am really going to miss meeting you folks \:\(

edited post....BTW, were the two celebs ever announced?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 08:38 PM
Bruce Condello and Ava Gardner.

I'll be there. I've always wanted to meet Ava.
Posted By: Bing Re: Who's going? - 02/07/07 10:11 PM
I'll be there. I've got emails into Dave1 and Bob also asking about door prizes. I plan to donate a couple but mine would need to be shipped a couple of weeks before the meeting as I will be flying to Texas the week before and can't haul them around. Mine aren't Pond related so don't know if they are acceptable.

Bing
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 01:22 AM
Bing, cases of fine German beer are always, always acceptable.

Some would even say that 50 year old bottles of fine single malt scotch are also acceptable.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 01:24 AM
However, any quantities of Diet Mountain Dew are frowned upon.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 01:33 AM
Fred, they're acceptable. We just haven't figured how to gitterdun.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 01:37 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Sunil:
Bing, cases of fine German beer are always, always acceptable.

Some would even say that 50 year old bottles of fine single malt scotch are also acceptable.
yer killin me sunil.....perhaps i will miss meeting you most of all as i sit here drinking my first Bitburger of the evening, and look forward to my afterdinner snippet of glen livet.

plus i was curious what a guy who can bench 600 lbs looks like in person.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 02:14 AM
"plus i was curious what a guy who can bench 600 lbs looks like in person."

You'd never know it to see me. As you know, I really don't like to brag. I wonder how I ever let it slip out that I could bench press 665 lbs.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 02:48 AM
As badly as I want to come, I won't be there.

Maybe ya'll can sit around a table & offer a toast to those of us that couldn't make it.
Posted By: ewest Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 03:00 AM
Here is a toast to Ric! We will miss seeing you again but will do some live posts so yall can at least get an idea of things. \:\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 03:07 AM
 Quote:
"plus i was curious what a guy who can bench 600 lbs looks like in person."
I thought Sunil could belch 600 lbs.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/08/07 03:30 AM
That too!
Posted By: Norm Kopecky Re: Who's going? - 02/09/07 12:37 AM
I'll be there. Forget the fish, I just want to meet everyone. Meadowlark, I sure hope you will be there.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Who's going? - 02/09/07 01:53 AM
I am in like flynn, It is a very long 12 miles from my house actually closer to 15 so I may be late. Cant wait to meet some of you guys!!
Posted By: zhkent Re: Who's going? - 02/09/07 02:10 AM
My sister's nephew (by marriage) is a dozer hand. He lives 20 miles or so from there. We'll both be there.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/09/07 07:01 PM
I booked my room at the Wyndham Arlington Convention Center (ph. 817-261-8200).

I'm getting in Thursday (3/22/07) and checking out Sunday (3/25/07).
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 02/09/07 08:11 PM
The Wyndham is across the street from the Convention Center.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Who's going? - 02/09/07 10:08 PM
th-sun looking forward to meeting everyone.It will be first time away from son for more than 2 days. I guess I better get to work on my presentations. Dave I will provide a few door prizes if you want em.
Posted By: Eastland Re: Who's going? - 02/10/07 04:49 AM
I'm paid up & Wyndham reservations too, bringing my Pop who grew me up right...hunting & fishing. Can't wait !
Posted By: claybird Re: Who's going? - 02/10/07 05:12 AM
Look for two greenhorns from southern Illinois at the Wyndham...Thursday to Sunday. We are looking forward to meeting you Pond Boss faithful. Just what is a greenhorn? ;\)
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Who's going? - 02/10/07 01:15 PM
My wife convinced me to go after she bought the plane tickets and made hotel reservations!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 02/10/07 01:20 PM
Greg, all contributions will be gratefully accepted.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Who's going? - 02/11/07 01:16 AM
I will be giving my wit and humor as a boobie prize for everyone!!
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Who's going? - 02/11/07 01:27 AM
boobie prizes from mr. mcbutterpants?.....i truly am missing out.
Posted By: ewest Re: Who's going? - 02/11/07 03:24 AM
FMcB just don't do your rain dance inside the convention center. We don't need a pond inside. :p
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Who's going? - 02/11/07 08:49 PM
Hey It worked for me, my lil pond is a big pond again. From 2/3 acre back to 2 1/2 acres and the dock can be fished from again!!! I love water!!!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/14/07 04:40 AM
So it seems like there are only thirteen or so of us who are going to the convention (aside from speakers)?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Who's going? - 02/14/07 04:57 AM
It's typical at conventions like these for speakers to outnumber attendees.

The money is generated from advance sales to future conventions generated by the internet buzz.

Trust me...Extra attendees just get in the way.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 02/14/07 11:07 AM
The last I heard, there were either 65 or 85 paid attendees. However, the media ads in Texas haven't started yet. When Lusk notifies the Texas Outdoor Writers Association members, it should sell out and fill up pretty quickly. Writers are always looking for a story that they don't have to generate. The target audience or goal is for mag subscribers and web site attendees (junkies) to get first shot.
Posted By: Agent Re: Who's going? - 02/14/07 05:24 PM
I sent in my registration. I'll have to cut out early Friday afternnon, but I'll at least, get to be there for most of it.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Who's going? - 02/15/07 02:10 AM
I'm registered, ticketed & hoteled (Wyndham). Coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday. Can't wait! Unfortunately, I'm selling my farm (w/4A, .75A & .33A ponds). Hate to do it, but I'll buy another in the future, and hopefully make it better with what I've learned here and will learn at the Convention.
Randy
Never confuse activity with productivity \:\)
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Who's going? - 02/15/07 02:45 AM
I'll be in early Thursday afternoon in order to beat the evening traffic (also at the Wyndham). Anyone know where the early birds (junkies) could meet and get together for a mixer on Thursday night?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/15/07 03:10 AM
FT, count me in for Thursday night.

I owe a few rounds.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Who's going? - 02/15/07 03:16 AM
I'll be wherever the action is on Thursday night. Remember that I may have Buddy Ebsen and Joe Paterno with me.
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Who's going? - 02/15/07 03:30 AM
New Years resolutions were to swear off of Whataburger and alcohol. Oh well what the hell. It will be worth it to party with Uncle Jed.
Posted By: george Re: Who's going? - 02/15/07 12:29 PM
You young bucks are going to have to run and play all by yourselves without these tired old bones that have to get their rest. \:\(

I’ll make a brief appearance to collect the Shiner Bock that Sunil owes me. \:D

I’ll be at my son’s home in Bedford – just a hop skip and jump away from the conference center.
\:\)
Posted By: Norm Kopecky Re: Who's going? - 02/16/07 01:39 AM
Running around and staying up all night is way beyond me. I'm comming in Thrusday also and would very much like to get together with everyone.
Posted By: ewest Re: Who's going? - 02/16/07 03:07 AM
For those of us/you who are helping set up a booth/registration the set up time is 5 am Friday. I can't stay up late but will look to enjoy the gathering for a while Thursday afternoon/night. \:\)
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Who's going? - 02/17/07 11:05 PM

Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/25/07 04:02 PM
We're now within (4) weeks of the show.

According to our little pole here, less that twenty of us have openly admitted that we're going to the show.

Come on now! It's nothing to be ashamed of to say you're going to a pond-freak gathering.

Sure they may not understand at work, but not to worry. They don't need to know where you're really going to be that weekend.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's going? - 02/25/07 04:22 PM
Hello,

I'm Theo and I'm a Pondaholic.
Posted By: BarO Re: Who's going? - 02/25/07 09:10 PM
My schedule has cleared, so I will sign up with Kathy tomorrow. See you there!
Posted By: Frank Re: Who's going? - 02/25/07 09:33 PM
I regret that I won't be able to attend. You folks have a great time. I look forward to the videos of the sessions!

Frank
Posted By: Eastland Re: Who's going? - 02/25/07 10:14 PM
Man, I sure hope I get something to take away... a Pond Boss pen or tablet \:D
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Who's going? - 02/26/07 02:14 AM
I am just hoping I can not make a fool out of myself!!! Until at least the second day!!!
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Who's going? - 02/27/07 12:04 AM
I signed up today. I can't wait to meet everybody and learn something new. I think the conference is a good excuse to miss a day of school. \:D
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Who's going? - 02/27/07 03:18 AM
FT, that was really stupid, and really funny, thanks for the laugh this evening.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Who's going? - 02/27/07 03:34 AM
OK, OK, the otter(+ Theo) made me fess up.
I'm Burger, and I'm a Pond Boss addict.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Who's going? - 02/28/07 02:57 AM
 Quote:
. . .

According to our little pole here, less that twenty of us have openly admitted that we're going to the show.
I'm not admitting anything -- but we could have a lot of box lunches to share. I sure hope they'll be filled with fried bluegill sandwiches.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 02/28/07 03:12 AM
catmandoo, I look forward to meeting you. From my pond's location, I think your the closest member to me who's going to the gig.

I prefer Trappey's Red Devil as my main choice of hotsauce for a fried bluegill sandwich.

I think there's going to be some crappie too. I think Greg Grimes is cleaning them, but I'm not sure who's stepped up to catch/provide the fish. Condello's hoarding a freezer full of crappie. Bruce, you know you could FedEx those to DFW in a cooler with those ice packs, don't you?

I heard that special arrangements were made with the Arlington Convention Center to allow the fish fry to happen inside right on the convention floor, with no venting necessary if you believe it.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Who's going? - 02/28/07 03:21 AM
 Quote:
catmandoo, I look forward to meeting you. From my pond's location, I think your the closest member to me who's going to the gig.

I prefer Trappey's Red Devil as my main choice of hotsauce for a fried bluegill sandwich.

I think there's going to be some crappie too. I think Greg Grimes is cleaning them, but I'm not sure who's stepped up to catch/provide the fish. Condello's hoarding a freezer full of crappie. Bruce, you know you could FedEx those to DFW in a cooler with those ice packs, don't you?

I heard that special arrangements were made with the Arlington Convention Center to allow the fish fry to happen inside right on the convention floor, with no venting necessary if you believe it.

Posted By: catmandoo Re: Who's going? - 02/28/07 03:32 AM
 Quote:
My big ol' catfish are still waiting for the right invitation to dinner. Come on down! Cumberland is about half way -- so maybe 90 mintues to my pond from yours.

Quote:
I think there's going to be some crappie too. I think Greg Grimes is cleaning them, but I'm not sure who's stepped up to catch/provide the fish. Condello's hoarding a freezer full of crappie.
My pond is still under a lot of ice and snow, so I probably wouldn't have any fish to offer -- but, I'd be glad to help fillet, skin, and fry any fish! I think my bride would be glad to help too. (We'll just need good knives -- as I doubt they will let me on the air plane with our good knives -- or even with bad knives.)

Ken
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Who's going? - 02/28/07 07:53 AM
D.I.E.D., I bet Todd isn’t laughing. The pic came from a friend at work whose dad has a place about 12 miles SW of Overton's. I know Todd has had problems with otters in the past and it looks like there's still plenty in the area. He got within twelve feet of the thing but didn’t have his gun. Here's the other two pics, one shows him munching on a large BG.

Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/13/07 04:07 PM
For whoever is going to be arriving on Thursday, afternoon or evening, 3/22/07, PM me your cell phone number if you're interested in getting together that evening, and I can help to coordinate a social meeting. I'm sure it will be something on the fly, and may need readjusting as we go.

There is a bar in the Wyndham called Extra Innings, and that may be the path of least resistance. Of course we'll have to see what the local PB contingent suggests.

This is of course assuming that none of the powers-that-be are already planning something.

I'm getting excited!
Posted By: ewest Re: Who's going? - 03/13/07 04:51 PM
Me to !! \:\) Check with Bob or Dave (DD1) they can tell you the plans. Maybe you can get DD1 or Theo or Bruce to give a pre-view of the Slide Show over a beer and catfish. \:D
Posted By: Norm Kopecky Re: Who's going? - 03/13/07 11:28 PM
Norm Kopecky 605-366-3552 I'll be there.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Who's going? - 03/14/07 12:40 AM
Right around the corner, Lusk and Overton are the only guys I have met, cant wait to some of you guys next!!! GOOD TIMES!
Posted By: M Spinhirne Re: Who's going? - 03/16/07 01:17 AM
I will be coming in on Friday. I have a trip to Mexico next week that will result in a drive in from Houston area Friday AM early.
I will be the one coming in late, or asleep in the back.
Mike
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Who's going? - 03/16/07 01:39 AM
 Quote:
For whoever is going to be arriving on Thursday, afternoon or evening, 3/22/07, PM me your cell phone number if you're interested in getting together that evening, and I can help to coordinate a social meeting. I'm sure it will be something on the fly, and may need readjusting as we go.

. . .

I'm getting excited!
Serious Bummer! We don't get into Dallas until 10:30 PM on Thursday evening.

I just hope the weather cooperates. They tell us we are in for another big snow storm by morning. So far, just extremely heavy rain and wind for the past four or five hours -- but down to 33 degrees. They say it will be well below freezing by morning.

I'm sure glad I didn't take the chains of the tractor during this week's 70 degree weather.

We haven't seen our pond's stand pipe since about mid-September. Our spillway still looked like Niagra before it started raining late today.

Next year's woodpile is already half burned.

We're sure looking forward to hot and dry!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/16/07 01:58 AM
catmandoo, you just might not be able to go straight to the hotel room after touchdown.

Might have to go straight to the bar.

So far, we have a little over ten folks that will get together Thursday evening.

I'll call the Guvnor's office tomorrow and check in with him to see if there's a better place to be for a few hours besides the Wyndham, or make sure that they don't have anything else planned.

I think we can make the Wyndham Shuttle bus take us to and from wherever we decide to go. I'll check into it upon arrival.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's going? - 03/16/07 11:46 AM
Sunil will have that hotel hating us before we even get there! :p \:D
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/16/07 11:50 AM
Theo, I'm well versed in pushing the "mild irritant" envelope when it comes to hospitality staff, without venturing into the "unwanted guest" category.

Well....every once in a while I may dip a toe in the "unwanted guest" category.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 03/16/07 11:58 AM
Heck, I don't know. Arlington beer joints are not my strong suit. As a matter of fact, I pretty well avoid them. The Wyndham may be the most convenient. I'll check.
Posted By: ewest Re: Who's going? - 03/16/07 12:26 PM
I agree with Dave. Sunil ask the Wyndham nicely if we can have a spot in the bar area close to a power supply. I will bring the laptop and we can look at a few pics and post a note to the forum. If we go elsewhere others may not be able to find us later and I may not be able to go as things start early the next am.

Be sure when you ask not to threaten them with "Hey Boy! Watch that knife!" \:D
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Who's going? - 03/18/07 06:27 PM
I found out that I may have a test on the 23rd. I tried to get my profeesor to let me take it early but he said no. I will keep trying though. If I cant get it changed I wont be there on Friday.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/20/07 07:12 PM
Anyone else care to come out of the closet and admit that you're going to the convention??

Seeing as it's almost a day and a wake-up away, now is as good a time as any.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 01:25 AM
Well, I've just made a tough decision and will not be coming to the PB conv. I have a 3 yr. old granddaughter's birthday in Nashville 1st wk. in Apr. We missed last year. 1 yr. old grandson, also in Nashmeile in May. My wife wants me to take her this weekend to check on her parents(her mom in the nursing home). I will be taking our 2 yr. old grandson to the pond on his 1st fishing trip. Hope to find some bream planning to play house.
I was very hard. Sure would love to meet all y'all. Get some good pics, movies, and soundbytes. Have fun and have a brewski and/or JD for me.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 02:16 AM
Sorry to hear that, Burger. Hope your grandson gets a big one!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 02:22 AM
My first JD is a toast to burgermeister.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 02:30 AM
I will be attending the conference and arriving thursday evening. I came across pond boss about a year ago via google search. Spent about 3 days of searching for info on the website before i subscibed to the magazine. (just sent the subscription renewal this week).

i have since cancelled my subscriptions to field and stream, and saltwater sportsman. It usually only takes me about 2 days to read my pond boss magazine (and i am a very slow reader).
i signed up for the conference and made travel arrangements as soon as i heard about it. i have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 10:44 AM
Boy, without Burger and Brett, why bother having it.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 12:23 PM
We'll still have you and Sunil to kick around.
Posted By: ewest Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 01:04 PM
Burger we will miss you. \:\( But I sure hope those BG are biting and double junior Burger catches a sack full. \:\)

Guys we can hook up with them on the forum via web cam if you guys can help figure out how to work the 'puter. \:D
Posted By: george Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 01:51 PM
Good news...
My son Jeff Glazener, pond owner and landlord will be attending the conference on Friday.....!!! \:\)

Y'all don't be tellin' any stories on me - 'ya heah... \:D
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 02:01 PM
That's great, George. look forward to meeting him at your fly-tie presentation. My son will be 18 Saturday, and I'll be with y'all at the Convention. Where do I sign up for Father of the Year? Actually, I have his blessings, but not w/o a "trade-off" - a trip to Canada this
summer - not for fishing but gambling!!!
Randy
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 02:28 PM
I like that; double junior burger. How about burger cubed?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 02:49 PM
"We'll still have you and Sunil to kick around"

Theo, we do kick back though!

My kick from the fetal position has been known to hurt other peoples feet real, real bad.
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 10:20 PM
Just got in from a East Galveston Bay fishing trip. Soon as the shower is over with and I throw my clothes in the truck, I'm on my way! Spending the night at the farm and will finish the drive to Arlington tomorrow afternoon. Look forward to seeing everyone real soon. Hope everybody has a safe and pleasant trip.

Adios
:p :p
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/21/07 10:27 PM
Sounds real funny to say, but "See you tomorrow!"

I'm pretty excited to meet everyone.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Who's going? - 03/22/07 01:24 AM
Y'all have fun, now. Maybe one year we can have a "rolling PB convention". I may have a decent pond to show n' tell by then. ;\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: Who's going? - 03/22/07 01:41 AM
I will be consulting on-line (free of charge for attendees) during the conference starting around cocktail hour on Thursday. \:\)

Sunil, Thursday cocktail hour starts around 1700 hours CDT, not 1300 hours EDT. :p

I don’t know much, other than I wish I could be there. \:\(
Posted By: davatsa Re: Who's going? - 03/22/07 02:03 AM
My dad (ahvatsa) and I will be there tomorrow evening. We're looking forward to meeting everyone and learning all we can!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who's going? - 03/22/07 02:49 AM
Bon voyage, everyone!
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Who's going? - 03/22/07 05:27 AM
bon voyage theo....i'm really gonna miss meeting all of you, but will look forward to hearing about it here when y'all arrive safely home.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Who's going? - 03/22/07 12:26 PM
e tu brute'
© Pond Boss Forum