Pond Boss
If you want to see a fascinating video on ice safety check this out. This researcher actually purposely goes through the ice to show you what happens and the best way to get out. He even lets himself get hypothermia with of course EMS nearby. Fascinating and scary!

http://www.exn.ca/video/?Video=exn20020325-icewater.asx
Fascinating, indeed, with many good pointers on surviving a trip through the ice.
Thanks for putting that link up Cecil, it was very useful information! In fact the whole family sat down and watched it together. I even quizzed the kids after they watched it to see if they paid attention! Thanks again!
Posted By: Martin Re: Fascinating short video on ice safety! - 02/08/07 02:26 PM
That was great! I fell through several years ago and got out with the help of my ice fishing partner. It sure was cold!! My pond has 10 inches of ice now. 2 bass, 2 bluegill, and 2 perch yesterday!
Thanks Cecil this is a must see for the family and I am going to figure out out to present it to the Scouts at are next meeting. All the leaders I belive have went through ice safety training but it was all book study or lectures so this would be a good learning video
Thanks a lot for that, Cecil. I learned some new things.
Glad it was of use. I got it off of an ice fishing website.
Posted By: zhkent Re: Fascinating short video on ice safety! - 02/09/07 02:14 AM
Thanks Cecil. Good safety video.
© Pond Boss Forum