Pond Boss
Posted By: FamilyTradition Attendance of two celebrities - 01/30/07 09:50 PM
Anyone want to guess who the two guest celebrities are for the conference? Here's mine; Tony Stewart and Ray Scott.
Posted By: Bing Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/30/07 10:48 PM
I know Tony Stewart is quite a fishing and pond enthusiast, but I doubt if he would give up Bristol for the conference.

Being in the same room as Ray Scott, or Johnny Morris, or Charlie Campbell or Bill Dance (I could go on and on) would be a thrill.

Bing
Posted By: n8ly Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/30/07 10:56 PM
i was kind of hoping george bush and dick cheney would be in townjavascript:void(0)
Posted By: Bing Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/30/07 10:59 PM
I think I forgot to mention Condello in my post.

Bing
Posted By: Beaver Boy Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 12:01 AM
Jonnie Bubdadine could make an appearance if he's not fishing in the english channel. But they probably would have to pay him big bucks for a trip to the states, so I have some doubt on that one.
Posted By: james holt Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 12:52 AM
I'm guessing Long John Silver and Captain Jack Sparrow!
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 01:53 AM
n8ly...Dick Cheney? Better bring the orange hunting vest and bullet proof vest! Dick Cheney Video
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 01:56 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by n8ly:
i was kind of hoping george bush and dick cheney would be in townjavascript:void(0)

Doubtful. The two don't appear in the same place at once for national security reasons. JMO but I'd be disappointed if a politican showed up.
i wouldnt really categorize the President as a celeb, but lest we not forget W is a pondmeister......11 acres IIRC.....i'd be REALLY impressed if mr. lusk booked him for an appearance.

maybe we can get him on the PB forum after 08...any thoughts on what his screen name might be......well...lets not go there.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 02:35 AM
I heard Ted Nugent lives in that area now too. Is that true?

Now that is someone I don't care to meet. Sorry if you like him, but he's from up in my neck of the woods and I've know three people that have met him personally. All three walked away disgusted by his arrogance.

If he's there I'll keep my distance. ;\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 03:00 AM
Bing It may well be 3 of the 5 you named -- Bruce will be there and your guess is as good as mine on the other 2 but I have pics of Bob with 3 of those four.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 03:16 AM

(javascript:void(0) was my sorry attempt at adding one of those smily faces to my reply. I also cant figure out how to do that bold quote thing yall do.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 03:17 AM
I'm just hoping to get Bruce's autograph.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 03:31 AM
Bing, I can't confirm a lot but will say that you will be thrilled by one of them. Might work out to be more.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 03:57 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Davidson1:
Bing, I can't confirm a lot but will say that you will be thrilled by one of them. Might work out to be more.
Jesus! Now that would thrill me!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 05:07 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bing:
I know Tony Stewart is quite a fishing and pond enthusiast, but I doubt if he would give up Bristol for the conference.

Being in the same room as Ray Scott, or Johnny Morris, or Charlie Campbell or Bill Dance (I could go on and on) would be a thrill.

Bing
.....and then ME??? :rolleyes:

Saying you'd like to see Ray Scott, Johnny Morris, Bill Dance and Bruce Condello is kind of like saying you'd like to meet Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, and Krusty the Klown.
Posted By: trialsguy Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 06:16 AM
LOL that that does sum it up nicely..LOL good chuckle, thanks!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 11:43 AM
I'll be just as happy to meet Bruce Condello than any "celebrity." And I mean that.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 01:37 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Cecil Baird1:
I'll be just as happy to meet Bruce Condello than any "celebrity." And I mean that.
Happier, even. Except maybe for Krusty the Klown.
Posted By: bobad Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 01:51 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing:
[qb] Saying you'd like to see Ray Scott, Johnny Morris, Bill Dance and Bruce Condello is kind of like saying you'd like to meet Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, and Krusty the Klown.
And what's wrong with Krusty the Clown? Besides, he's the only 1 still living.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 04:55 PM

Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 10:19 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that Bruce was a given and not a legitimate guess. Who knows with Tony's private jet and a possible impound race he could still pop in for an appearance.
Posted By: Bing Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 10:53 PM
FamilyTradition:

I stand corrected. I will leave my #24 DuPont hat at home.

Bing
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 11:21 PM
...Are you saying I'm illegitimate? \:\)
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 11:30 PM
I'll take the high road and guess Jaime Pressley and Nicole Van Croft.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 11:42 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dudley Landry:
I'll take the high road and guess Jaime Pressley and Nicole Van Croft.
That's the high road, Dudley? You even spelled Jamie's last name correctly. Have you also admired her...err, assets?

BTW..does Krusty raise trophy bluegills?
Talk about a thread deteriorating.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 01/31/07 11:52 PM
OK, I see the picture of the clown and will come clean. Otto is the celebrity. But don't tell him.
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 03:06 AM
This seemed to be a guessing games thread, Burger, and I thought I'd try to introduce undertones of realism.
Posted By: Eastland Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 07:24 AM
Isn't George Bush Sr. a Pondboss subscriber ?

Give me Bush \:D
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 12:00 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Eastland:
Isn't George Bush Sr. a Pondboss subscriber ?

Give me Bush \:D
I thought it was jr.?
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 12:04 PM
I think they are both members. I know they both have ponds. Maybe that is the two celebs? I remember Ray Scott talking about when SR. came to his place fishing. They had divers look in the water for bombs, etc. I'm sure the PB will welcome the secrect service agents. If not I got some coool aviation glasses I can wear with my suit.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 01:50 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Grimes:
I think they are both members. I know they both have ponds. Maybe that is the two celebs? I remember Ray Scott talking about when SR. came to his place fishing. They had divers look in the water for bombs, etc. I'm sure the PB will welcome the secrect service agents. If not I got some coool aviation glasses I can wear with my suit.
Somehow, I can picture Greg more easily in a wetsuit than a 3-piece suit.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 02:13 PM
Greg, please don't wear a suit.
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 04:32 PM
Greg,

I'm not wearing a suit! You can't out dress me.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 06:01 PM
If Greg wears a suit, he'd better be wearing full neoprene waders over the top. If not, he will have no legitamacy whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 06:12 PM
You guys are quick. That was just a joke about looking like a SS agent. You can bet I will not be in a suit. However I might just have to shave off my 4 month old beard just to look a little younger, the gray is out of control. Will rubber knee boats help the image? They might go well with the khakis.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 07:00 PM
Here's how I'm dressing.

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/01/07 08:13 PM
 Quote:
Here's how I'm dressing.

Well we know who the SS will pat down first! That crazy dentist! \:D

Guys I'm inside taking a short break from ice fishing. The pond is so clear I can see all the way to the bottom and every fish that comes up to my bait. It's a thrill but they are really picky and spooky. I think it may be because of the dark area above them due to the shanty and the two holes. I drop my bait in the farthest hole and and can sit back in the chair and watch the bait in the nearest hole. Got one 13 inch perch and missed five or six bigger ones. Nice and cozy in the Dave Gentz two man pop up. Wish you were here Bruce. I bet you'd be thrilled to see those big perch down there.
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/02/07 12:47 AM
Why would William Conrad want to show up dressed like a Dentist? I'm confused.
Posted By: ewest Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/02/07 01:18 AM
Guys recall that we have the secret service BG form Bruce's naming thread so we won't need the suits. :p

CIA Bluegill
http://www.pondboss.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=002216;p=1
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/02/07 03:32 AM
 Quote:
 Quote:
Here's how I'm dressing.

Well we know who the SS will pat down first! That crazy dentist! \:D

Guys I'm inside taking a short break from ice fishing. The pond is so clear I can see all the way to the bottom and every fish that comes up to my bait. It's a thrill but they are really picky and spooky. I think it may be because of the dark area above them due to the shanty and the two holes. I drop my bait in the farthest hole and and can sit back in the chair and watch the bait in the nearest hole. Got one 13 inch perch and missed five or six bigger ones. Nice and cozy in the Dave Gentz two man pop up. Wish you were here Bruce. I bet you'd be thrilled to see those big perch down there.
ANTI-DENTITE!!!!!

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/02/07 04:28 AM
Quote from Cecil...

Wish you were here Bruce.

Trust me, Cecil. I'd do just about anything to be pullin' 13+ inch perch right now. I'll try to get on the ice Sat. morning.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/02/07 11:08 PM
what is this fascination with ice fishing? If it is that cold I'm huntin'. I will have to get one of you guys to take me sometime before I pass judgement. I guess if you drink enough Beer or Mellow Yellow anything is fun.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/02/07 11:23 PM
 Quote:
what is this fascination with ice fishing?
It's not so much my fascination with ice fishing, it's just I'm more fascinated with that than I am staying at home watching old reruns of Northern Exposure. ;\)
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 03:47 AM
 Quote:
what is this fascination with ice fishing? If it is that cold I'm huntin'. I will have to get one of you guys to take me sometime before I pass judgement. I guess if you drink enough Beer or Mellow Yellow anything is fun.
The thing you southern guys don't understand is you don't get cold if you dress right, and this is the only time you can walk on water and fish anywhere on a body of water without messing with a boat. And if it really gets cold you use an ice shanty or ice house like this one. (Or if you're old like me) Now this is living! Where else can you watch the superbowl, fish at the same time, have some beer and brats, and not listen to the wife nag you? Ah sweet home away from home!

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 03:53 AM
Here's a clever design that is built to be practical for pulling. \:D

And this one must have been build by an Irishman:

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 03:59 AM
And here's what happens if you don't get one off the ice soon enough. It becomes fish structure. \:\(

"Hey I think we ought to fish over Fred's house today. The gills seem to like Fred's house better than Bill's. Must be that antennae on top!" \:D

Posted By: george Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 12:07 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]The thing you southern guys don't understand is you don't get cold if you dress right, and this is the only time you can walk on water ..."

Cecil, you likely recall that I’m one of those “The thing you southern guys don't understand is you don't get cold if you dress right".

I can tell you some stories about walking on water and drilling holes in ice 8 – 10 ft thick.
\:D

Which ice hole is the latrine?
The devil made me do it...

TEXAS SOUTHERN BOY

Posted By: burgermeister Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 01:00 PM
that is some shanty, Cecil. Do you rent out ice holes for fishing in that thing?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 01:40 PM
Cecil knows a lot about iceholes.
Posted By: george Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 01:54 PM
Theo – be nice... \:D
By the way, what happened to our “Attendance of two celebrities”
Posted By: Brettski Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 02:09 PM
...my turn to be the straight guy.
Cecil,
Am I to believe that a structure as large as the sinking home is truly a temporary ice-fishing house that is moved on and off a frozen lake?

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 02:19 PM
George, are you sure that isn't just "northern" Texas? \:\)
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 04:27 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by george:
The thing you southern guys don't understand is you don't get cold if you dress right, and this is the only time you can walk on water ..."

Cecil, you likely recall that I’m one of those “The thing you southern guys don't understand is you don't get cold if you dress right".

I can tell you some stories about walking on water and drilling holes in ice 8 – 10 ft thick.
\:D

Which ice hole is the latrine?
The devil made me do it...

TEXAS SOUTHERN BOY
[/QB][/QUOTE]

That was then this is now! \:D

Actually Texas is an anomaly IMHO. In the northern part of your state you can be sunny and in the 70's in the winter and two days later it's snowing. Am I right?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 04:28 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
Cecil knows a lot about iceholes.
Are you saying I'm the resident hole expert? \:D

There are many holes. There are A holes... \:D
Posted By: george Re: Attendance of two celebrities - 02/03/07 07:10 PM
 Quote:
That was then this is now! \:D

Actually Texas is an anomaly IMHO. In the northern part of your state you can be sunny and in the 70's in the winter and two days later it's snowing. Am I right? [/QB]
When that picture was taken most of you guys were just a twinkle in your daddy’s eye..

Cecil – you are so right. Two inches of snow day before yesterday and forecast in the 60’s this week …
Turn on the feeders... :p
© Pond Boss Forum