Pond Boss
Posted By: MudCat Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/25/07 01:09 AM
Hello,
I reserved my hotel room and am about to register for the Conference. My latest issue of Pond Boss didn't have the Final Program Schedule in it. Anyone know where I can get a copy?

Thanks in Advance...
bigmac - I don't think the final schedule is finalized yet. It won't be long and it will be completed. Hopefully a conference organizer will respond with a verified answer real soon.
I'm not finished with it, yet. Every time I get it tweaked, we get a new speaker or sponsor. Stand by, will have the latest rendition soon. It's spectacular....
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/25/07 02:40 AM
Bob,
Has anyone told you that you're such a tease!
Mag, says go to pages 8 & 9, but...
I had to go take a cold shower, after that!
I'm coming up with 2 other guys and we're chompin' at the bit for more information. ;\)
Looking forward to meeting you...
Okay, folks...here's the most recent list of speakers and their confirmed topics. There are several others, and as soon as they are confirmed, will add them here. When the times are assigned, I will publish that, too. Lots to do, and lots more stuff coming in....pretty cool.

By the way, all subscribers should receive a letter from the printer...they inadvertantly put the wrong insert in the magazine, so they printed the right one and mailed it to all PB subscribers. Anyone get it, yet?

FISHERIES MANAGEMENT
Greg Grimes, Atlanta, Georgia Selective Harvest, Wr:
Bill Cody, Malinta, Ohio Sampling Panfish
Ralph Manns, Rockwall, Texas The Logic of Catch & Release
Dr. Richard Anderson, Houston, Texas Carrying Capacity, Productivity????
Cecil Baird, Ligonier, Indiana Farming Huge Fish
Malcolm Johnson, San Marcos, Texas Why Do We Manage Ponds?
Todd Overton, Buffalo, Texas Small Pond MgmtStrategies,keepingitsimple
Todd Overton, Buffalo, Texas Intro to Hybrid Stripers
Mac McCune, Houston, Texas Urban Ponds/Rural Ponds
Mark Cornwell, Cobleskill, New York Hybrid vigor…hsb; hs; tiger trout; t. musky
Zach Sweeney, Comfort, Texas Benefits of Feeding Fish
Mike Mitchell, Longmont, Colorado Stream Restoration
Dr. Jeff Slipke, Jackson, Tennessee Growing Giant Largemouth Bass
Dr. Dave Willis, Brookings, South Dakota Electrofishing and Other Sampling Methods

POND CONSTRUCTION
Mike Otto, Lindsay, Texas, Building a Pond, Practically
Dave Sefton, Brownstown, IllinoisEcosystems From Scratch
Ed Eitel, Lusk, Wyoming, Building a Pond, Landowner’s Perspective
Trent & Emily Lewis, Prosper, Texas, Engineering, Regulations & Permits

WILDLIFE FOR PONDS
Sherman Wyman, Henrietta & Coppell, Tx, Ranches, Wildlife & Tax Advantages
Dan VanSchaik, Gordonville, Texas, Wildlife & Ponds, a good mix

AERATION
Cary Martin, Burnsville, North Carolina, Aeration
Bob Robinson, Prescott, Wisconsin, Aeration

AQUATIC PLANT MANAGEMENT
Harry Knight, Alabama, Aquatic Weeds & Algae Control
Dr. Michael Masser, College Station, Texas, Aquatic Plant Management
Robyn Daigle, Austin, Texas, Physical Removal of Plants

MISCELLANEOUS POND MANAGEMENT TOPICS
Greg Grimes, Atlanta, Georgia, Mapping a lake
Paul Dorsett, Bryan, Texas, Clearing Muddy Waters
Bill Cody, Malinta, Ohio, Microscopic Pond Life—A pictorial
Mark Cornwell, Cobleskill, New York, Aquaponics
Dr. Dave Willis, Brookings, South Dakota, Cool Water Fish
Bob Lusk, Whitesboro, Texas, Habitat, Habitat, Habitat
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/25/07 03:22 PM
Wow! That's quite a list! Glad to know I am definitely getting my money's worth on that registration fee. I'll be looking forward to the times.

Nothing from the printer, here, yet.
Posted By: ewest Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/25/07 03:28 PM
Bob :

I got that flyer in the mail yesterday.
Bob -- my flyer arrived in today's mail.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/25/07 06:01 PM
I got my flyer late last week.
I wouldn't have been even slightly surprised if Sunil had gotten his flier last October.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/26/07 03:40 AM
Bruce, my flyer arrived wrapped in a translucent green silk envelope, adorned with a lace bow. It came C.O.D.

It had a note on the exterior assuring me that it was the first flyer off the press, and more so that it had never, by any means, been touched by a human hand. It was also lightly scented with Yum Fish Attractant, crawfish flavor mind you.

When I opened the silken envelope, three hummingbirds sprang to life and flew from the green folds. One pooped on my shoulder.

As I peered further into green envelope, I saw moisture. Sure enough, there were thousands of live young-of-the-year fish. Some were brown bullheads.

Nestled in alongside the flyer, there was a hand written note. The style of the handwriting seemed to speak of a fine country gentleman. It read "The Lusk Roast is a Go! Pass it on."
THAT was my best laugh of the day.
Posted By: Frank Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/26/07 06:57 AM
I have not received a flyer as of 1/25

Frank
 Quote:
Originally posted by Sunil:
Nestled in alongside the flyer, there was a hand written note. The style of the handwriting seemed to speak of a fine country gentleman. It read "The Lusk Roast is a Go! Pass it on."
I was thinking it was from DD.
No insert as of today but here’s the good news. I found out this weekend my work schedule will allow me to attend the conference and as of 1600 this afternoon I'm on the books! Look forward to meeting everyone real soon.
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/30/07 02:37 PM
I already registered and found out lunch, both days, is included. From 8 to 6, both days, it can be non-stop talking about fish and ponds. ;\)
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/31/07 03:29 PM
Hello Bob,
We are trying to decide if 3 of us attendees need to get a hotel room for Thursday night, as well as Friday night. Can you at least tell us if any of the below will be occurring, before 10:00 AM on that Friday, the 23rd?

Todd Overton, Buffalo, Texas Small Pond MgmtStrategies,keepingitsimple
Todd Overton, Buffalo, Texas Intro to Hybrid Stripers
POND CONSTRUCTION
Mike Otto, Lindsay, Texas, Building a Pond, Practically
Dave Sefton, Brownstown, IllinoisEcosystems From Scratch
Ed Eitel, Lusk, Wyoming, Building a Pond, Landowner’s Perspective
Trent & Emily Lewis, Prosper, Texas, Engineering, Regulations & Permits

Thanks In Advance...
Posted By: ewest Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/31/07 04:31 PM
bigmac I can't answer your question but can provide you and others some things to think about.

From having been at 2 regional PB meetings I can tell you that you will be shocked at how fast the time runs out.

The talks will be outstanding and will increase the number of questions and things you want to ask about. You will want all the time you can get to walk around and visit with other PB members and speakers while the talks are not in session and ask all those questions in a small group situation.

You will want time to go by the booths and visit with the experts there as they also have a lot of good info and products.

You will want time to see at least part of the slide show and ask questions about the contents. \:D

You will want to listen to the discussions between the speakers and others as they talk in small groups while they are not presenting their topic.

From my perspective this is a rare opportunity to meet and learn from the best that exist and I want as much time as I can get with all of them any my PB family. Come as early as you can and stay as long as possible.
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/31/07 04:50 PM
Very true and very valid points, but I have a pond to build and stock, barn to build, and a house to build, so hotel costs for another night for 2 more hours with you loveable gentlemen is something for me to think about.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 01/31/07 06:29 PM
Maybe it's not too soon to see who will be getting in Thursday night.

I would imagine that this group will not be short on good times & libations typically associated with large gatherings of extremely smart & extremely stupid people (Yes, that's right...there's no room for anyone in the middle of that category)

While I've yet to book any travel, I would expect to come in on Thursday afternoon.
I'll probably be rolling in late Thursday evening. Something like 10 p.m.

If Cecil and Bill C. are flying in they'd better start flapping now.
I'm politely arguing with my wife as to whether I will fly or drive.

Anyone interested in carpooling from the Midwest?
(The real Midwest, not the North Central states that think they're the Midwest. I'm talkin' Ohmichiana and West Pennsyltucky)

The requirements are:

1. Crazy enough to drive 2 days (one way) for a 2 day conference.

2. Sane enough to spend 4 days in a truck cab with.

3. Be willing to listen to my music at least half the time.

4. Licensed, insured driver who can take over if my legs, back, or feet give out.

Serious inquiriies, please PM.

Non-serious inquiries, fire away.
The last one isn't too bad. The first three are scary.

BTW, just what is your kind of music? Any egghead who doesn't look at the pictures in PB is spooky.
I wish I could give my parents' answer: "We like both kinds of music - Country AND Western."

I will pay money for music ranging from Black Sabbath to John Denver. I will listen to a lot of other stuff, but if it's Patsy Cline, don't sing along.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/01/07 01:41 AM
Theo Gallus - I am so jealous I could just spit, because I can't be there!

I would never even try to sing along with Patsy Cline. Crazy, just Crazy!

Never fly unless you drive a Yugo, own a private jet and helicopter maintained by the man upstairs!

I thought the Midwest was Texas and then north to Minnesota. :p
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought many of the speakers would be there Thursday during the day. I know we have to get booths setup b/f the show. So yes I think Friday will be up and running early.
Theo - are you saying I am NOT a Midwesterner? That will change my entire self-image!
It should be plain to someone as smart as you, Dr. Dave, that the true Midwest could only be located East of the Mississippi. ;\)

To save your self-image, and due to your obvious intelligence, outstanding reputation, and sparkling personality, I am willing to declare you an honorary Ohian (and hence ipso factso Midwesterner) as soon as you have learned to drive while totally ignoring the use of turn signals. :rolleyes:
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/01/07 05:03 PM
Geez guys! If you're north of the Mason-Dixon Line, you're all Yankees. Just some more than others. ;\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/01/07 05:59 PM
bigman, please don't bring up the Mason-Dixon line when Theo is involved in a discussion.

This will only serve to exacerbate his identity crisis issues. Keep in mind that although all seven of his identities reside at the same location, he cannot settle on which one of them pays income tax.

Theo, we have already gone and granted Dr. Willis honorary Pennsylvanian status.
...as Theo and Sunil tussle over who can really claim Dr Dave as one of their own.
Theo promises:
 Quote:
I am willing to declare you an honorary Ohian
and Sunil grabs the other arm and fires back:
 Quote:
Theo, we have already gone and granted Dr. Willis honoray Pennsylvanian status.
-
-
-
Dr Dave...Dr Dave! Wake Up, Dr Dave! Are you OK?
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/01/07 06:49 PM
Well, Pennsylvania will always be high on my list of favorite States, as long as they keep making all that wonderful chocolate.
Posted By: ewest Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/02/07 02:59 AM
You guys can't claim Dave he is one of a kind here (even though Bruce tries to claim so via his cap). Dave is a Western style SDSU Jackrabbit with national scope AFS genes. \:D
I am really looking forward to the PB convention, now that my ponds has water in it!!!
Brettski -- I was trying to decide whether PA or OH had bigger bluegills before I replied.

Ewest -- SD is actually one of those unsettled states. East River (that's east of the Missouri for your "Midwesterners") folks like Vikings, tennis shoes, and ball caps. West River folks like Broncos and cowboy boots.
Posted By: MudCat Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/02/07 02:34 PM
Down here even the fish wear cowboy boots. We have to remove them, before we filet them.
I watch Dallas Cowboy games, just to see their Cheerleaders. Maybe, that's why they're called "America's Team"?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/02/07 05:11 PM
Dave W., you have to take into consideration that Theo lives in Ohio. If that doesn't scare you, well....
Sunil - I know, I know -- nothing is really ever simple, is it? \:\)
Hello Pond Bossers! My husband and I are planning on coming on down to the Conference. It sounds wonderful and we are anxious to learn from the best! I have not seen a schedule for the conference anywhere yet...like what time does it open and close on Friday and Saturday (I did see a brief reference to 8 and 6 somewhere)? We need to know if we need to fly in Thursday afternoon, fly out Saturday, etc. We are coming from the St. Louis area. Very interested in Bob Lusk's conversation with Purina! Any advice is appreciated! \:\)
Hey Teach, I would fly in Thursday. A lot of attendees will and it might be worth talking to other junkies who are staying at local recommended hotels. It is my understanding that Sunil is buying the drinks(????). Recommended local hotels means those who we have cut a deal with. Hold off a week or so regarding leaving on Saturday. I'm workin my butt off to come up with "after the formal convention stuff". Getting hung up on miscellaneous crud and small time irritants from "officials". AAAARRRRGGGGH! Stay tuned! If, NO NOT IF,BUT WHEN, I can clear some blankety blank hurdles, news will be forthcoming. I expect to be my own sweet, loveable, self and upset some municipal servants. A bunch of crud came up Friday that I need to get in the middle of early in the week.

Dave
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/04/07 04:50 AM
DD1, I too was thinking about coming back to Atlanta Saturday night, but you've already changed my mind, Even if nothing is planned or gets scheduled, you'll have some good horror stories, and Sunil will be buying, so what's not to like \:D
It's part of Sunil's "Drink Pennsylvania dry" campaign; he is providing only Rolling Rock and I.C. Light.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Missing Final Conference Program Scheule - 02/04/07 04:19 PM
While I appreciate all the invitations to buy drinks, and to which I will oblige, I will refrain from subjecting anyone to the horrors of imbibing Rolling Rock or IC Light.

If you really want to me a man of substance (or a fairly frightening woman), then you drink the straight Iron City. You don't water it down.
© Pond Boss Forum