Pond Boss
Posted By: james holt rain - 01/11/07 03:26 PM
Everyone in north and central Texas keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can get some rain this weekend.
Posted By: Eastland Re: rain - 01/12/07 02:52 AM
I'm already watching the radar \:D Forecast looks promising for Friday night & Saturday ! I was tempted to go out for some midnight hog hunting, but the 26 degree low shyed me away...that's way too cold for Texans !
Posted By: Dwight Re: rain - 01/12/07 03:18 AM
8 degrees with wind @ 20 mph from the north. 9:20 PM CST.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: rain - 01/12/07 11:25 AM
26 degrees doesn't bother me as much as the ice storm that the TV weather guys and gals are marketing.
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: rain - 01/12/07 02:59 PM
I hope you guys get the rain you need we sure have been blessed with rain here lately.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: rain - 01/12/07 03:07 PM
I have heard various references to the EL Nino. So far, I'm still 6 ft. low and scratching my head. The weatherguy, earlier in the week, said that unless the D/FW area gets huge rains in the next couple of months we will be in a desperate situation.
Posted By: cliffbrook Re: rain - 01/13/07 01:31 PM
carefull what you wish for...

el Nino is finished, watch out for la Nina
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: rain - 01/13/07 02:00 PM
Or even El Nimoy. \:D

Posted By: virgil Re: rain - 01/13/07 02:44 PM
only a 1/2 inch rain so far in Parker County. (weatherford) glad to get that much, but need a lot more.

1st tank is about 8 feet low, second and third tank has about 6 inches in it
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: rain - 01/13/07 03:44 PM
My rain guage shows one inch just north of Tyler from Friday nights storm. It came down real hard for a bit there, so I should have some good runoff!!!

The forecast is for two more days of rain, and so far, the weather forecasters are 100% accurate for the year.

Eddie
Posted By: Captain1 Re: rain - 01/13/07 04:06 PM
Other than your own rain guage, I have found NOAA.gov to be the best way to find out actual rain fall amounts for an area. I have been monitoring rainfall this morning for the Mineola/Quitman area where NOAA monitors and reports rainfall every 15 minutes or so from the Wood County Airport. This gives me an accurate account since we are only about a mile from there.
So far it looks like we received about 1 1/2 inches - with plenty more on the way!
Posted By: iowanagofishin Re: rain - 01/13/07 04:22 PM
let it rain so all of our ponds fill up

light snow and very cold in denver, co today
Posted By: Ross Baker Re: rain - 01/13/07 05:20 PM
2.4 this morning in Georgetown...and raining hard now. Unfortunately, all the ponds are 100 miles from me and less than an inch so far there! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Ross Baker Re: rain - 01/13/07 07:30 PM
Up to 3.9" now.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: rain - 01/13/07 10:37 PM
2.5 inches in Hurst; icicles on trees.

No idea how much 70 miles North where I need a couple of frog stranglers.
Posted By: Rich777 Re: rain - 01/13/07 11:48 PM
Reports around here anywhere from two to four inches, with an additional two to four expected tonight.
As of today i have a new 10th acre pond, my backyard!!!!!
Posted By: Ross Baker Re: rain - 01/14/07 03:25 AM
We ended up with about 4.3" here....the ponds ended up with 1.5" and not much inflow from it
\:\(
Posted By: BarO Re: rain - 01/14/07 03:27 AM
I've had 5.5" since early this morning. The water is coming over the spillway......just hope my neighbor doesn't get all my "big-uns". I will have some repair work to do on the spillway and the "last chance" fish-stopper grate that I installed this past summer.
Posted By: TOM G Re: rain - 01/14/07 09:38 AM
Hi all,
We got just over 2" but it all hit the ground running as we were saturated from last week.So far Ive caught about 6ft.Have a stream running in about 6" deep and 2 1/2 ft wide(SMILES REAL BIG).
Evan if it quits now Ill still collect enough to get within 2-3 ft of pool.I have a great runoff basin,about a mile of watershed.Im stoked,hope everyone has as good a catch this weekend.20 miles west of Corsicana
Tom
Posted By: rmedgar Re: rain - 01/14/07 02:30 PM
DD1, any luck with the rain?
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: rain - 01/14/07 04:44 PM
5 1/2 inches here so far. The lake is up 20 1/2 inches, and I'm still getting allot of runoff.

Eddie
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: rain - 01/14/07 06:16 PM
Randy, So far about an inch of icy precip in the country. 2.5 inches in town here. Our forecast is for freezing precip tomorrow, then a dry day on Tuesday followed by 3 days of rainy stuff. However, they didn't show anything about how much or %'s of "rainy weather" we can expect.
Posted By: heybud Re: rain - 01/14/07 10:22 PM
Its So Dry in Zephyr Texas. . .

the cows are giving evaporated milk.

the trees are whistlin' for the dogs.

, "I wish it would rain. Not so much for me, 'cuz I've seen it -- but for my 7-year-old."
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: rain - 01/14/07 10:56 PM
HeyBud, you've seen it? What was it like?
Posted By: Captain1 Re: rain - 01/15/07 12:05 AM
Looks like we had 4 inches in Mineola/Quitman area.
Posted By: Eric_in_TN Re: rain - 01/15/07 01:59 AM
The weather man has been saying we are getting 2" - 3" of rain, but so far there has only been a quarter of an inch. It's been sprinkling for a couple days, but all the rain seems to be going just north of the state line. Really hoping for more rain, my pond only needs a couple more feet to be full.
Posted By: MarkECIN Re: rain - 01/15/07 02:21 AM
We've had a lot of rain here in Indiana, too. Our new pond is about 2' from the top and it just got dug this summer! You can watch the water constantly running in it from the field tiles and runoff from the already saturated ground... that's a whole lot of water! You can almost see it rising each day this past few days. \:\) Happy me, happy fish. Been raining off and on all day today.
Posted By: heybud Re: rain - 01/15/07 03:17 AM
Dave, It was real nice
Posted By: PondsForFun Re: rain - 01/15/07 03:41 AM
heybud- We could start us a new forum called Empty Pond Boss! We would have threads like: Rearranging your structure. Turn your empty pond into a shooting range. Raising Goats in the bottom of your empty lake. How to find water in the desert. Used boats and fishing equipment for sale! \:\)

I only got 1/4 inch this month! About average!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: rain - 01/15/07 04:04 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by PondsForFun:
...Raising Goats in the bottom of your empty lake.
:D \:D
Posted By: heybud Re: rain - 01/15/07 02:08 PM
PFF,
I feel your pain and think that goat raising deal sounds pretty good right now. Everybody seems to be getting rain but us. All the big rains have missed us everytime. It's a sad sight at Zephyr.
Posted By: PondsForFun Re: rain - 01/15/07 07:54 PM
heybud- Have you seen Lake Brownwood? It is lower than I have seen it in 30 years. That was at the end of a long hot dry summer. \:\(
Posted By: Eastland Re: rain - 01/15/07 11:45 PM
My Eastland pond received so much rainfall / runoff, it filled to full pool, very beautiful to see ! I couldn't help myself, I walked around the "new" perimeter...several huge LMB & HSB were visible. Then, I woke up, checked the radar, and was thankful I got 1/2 inch.
Posted By: MarkECIN Re: rain - 01/16/07 12:09 AM
Rain.Rain.Rain. We got a lot in EC Indiana again today. Absolutely amazing how fast this one acrea pond is filling. Almost to the top. It really looks like a pond now. The rain has been so bad here that people's basement are flooding that never did, the ground is absolutely saturated and no where for water to go. Going to work this morning I really noticed how people's yard and the farm fields look like big lakes. (This really should be snow). \:\)
Posted By: james holt Re: rain - 01/16/07 01:16 AM
Eastland I often have had that same dream and then I wake up. But I haven't given up dreaming about it during the day.
Posted By: Alligator Re: rain - 01/16/07 02:12 PM
After 2 years of rennovation and drought, my pond is finally full. Just got off the line with my contractor, the vaccum breaker is a 'hummin. Everything is holding tight.

...now what? \:\)

Gator
Posted By: bobad Re: rain - 01/16/07 04:21 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Alligator:
After 2 years of rennovation and drought, my pond is finally full. Just got off the line with my contractor, the vaccum breaker is a 'hummin. Everything is holding tight.

...now what? \:\)

Gator
Sort of like the little dog that finally caught the tire. \:\)

I finished my pond a week or so before Christmas, and it's been full for over a week. "Now What" is a very good question Alligator. If you think of something, let me know! ;\)
Posted By: Alligator Re: rain - 01/16/07 05:32 PM
Exactly, I guess it's like your kid getting married. Im Happy and Sad.

I have made every other rookie mistake - I might as well buy a whole bunch of expensive fish to stock it! ;\)

gator
Posted By: heybud Re: rain - 01/17/07 11:17 PM
Had about 2 inches of snow here in Midland, Texas. Supposed to be the perfect storm senario starting Friday with moisture from the west coast meeting with a artic cold front here in West Texas. Chances of up to a foot of snow, Friday and Saturday.
Posted By: Alligator Re: rain - 01/19/07 04:06 AM
sweet. let it rain!

Gator
© Pond Boss Forum