Pond Boss
I'm planning electrical delivery to my pond and trying to figure out how many circuits/outlets/volume to provide.

What do you use, or could use, electricity for at your pond? Be creative; assume a lavish budget in dollars and amperes.

I'll start with this short list:

Aeration compressor for the pond
Fountain pump
Horizontal aeration pump
Bugzapper/bug flinging feeder
Automatic Pellet Feeder
Timers and thermostats for the above
Area lighting (i.e. mercury vapor on a pole)
Point lighting (i.e. seeing to get a hook out after dark)
Refridgerator
Aquarium aerator for landlocked livewell (bucket)

What else?
Theo that is a lot of electricity if you run all of those at the same time. The fountain pump alone will probably use 15 amps for a 2 horse motor. I think you should at least run 40 amps. How far are you from your house?
How big is the pond, Theo?

Just wondering so the aeration compressor and the horizontal circulator could be properly sized.
Don't forget the outlet for the electric filet knife. Always think positive!
...and the beer refrigerator. Oh yeah, don't forget the heater for the ice shanty. That's gonna be a killer.
Charger for the trolling motor.
For monitoring purposes, maybe a multi perameter set up like a Hydrolab that will transmit the pond's health status to your laptop at home. It will also monitor your oxygen levels and turn on the aeration when needed.
Clarification and elaboration, all.

I'm not listing everything I plan on using; I hoped for a brainstorm of everything that might possibly be useful so that I (and the next guy figuring electric requirements) can have a list to choose from.

FYI it's 1 acre and will be getting 50A 220VAC. I'm trying to figure how many circuits to break that up into and enclosure size to hold breaker box, air compressor, and ... (a mini-fridge is sounding better and better, although I'd have to scrub it with chlorox to get the fish smell out before it goes into the basement for the Winter ).

"A heater for the Ice Shanty" definitely has it's electricity budgeted (and I don't ice fish).
© Pond Boss Forum