Pond Boss
Posted By: Fishman Dan The Incredible Shrinking Pond... - 09/04/06 05:26 PM
Made it out to the farm yesterday. I had heard that the Bonham (TX) area had received 3.5" of rain last week, so my hopes were high. When we got there, the rain gauge read 1.5" and the lake/pond was at its lowest level since we bought the place last summer . I took this photo from the top of our small barn. There is a black bucket on the ground in the center-left side of the picture. This is where the water level should be under good conditions. At least I can work on some shoreline structure over the winter :rolleyes: ...

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: The Incredible Shrinking Pond... - 09/04/06 09:45 PM
Hopefully you'll get some rain soon Dan. I know it's frustrating watching a pond shrink!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: The Incredible Shrinking Pond... - 09/05/06 12:59 AM
Dan, I just returned from 4 days in the country. I had previously gotten 2 inches the previous Monday. When I left there today, I had gotten another 1.8 inches in the last couple of days. I can't tell that the ponds got any help. Of course, the ground needed help also and the slow rain might save some of the ranchers.
© Pond Boss Forum