Pond Boss
Posted By: Rich777 RAIN - 08/29/06 12:28 AM
After many days of 100 degeree plus temps, we received our first measureable rain today. Those water laden black clouds sure look good!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: RAIN - 08/29/06 01:07 AM
I got about an inch here by Cowtown. No idea about the country.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: RAIN - 08/29/06 01:32 AM
it was lovely today with clouds rains and opening of dove season around the corner
Posted By: wickedinhere Re: RAIN - 08/29/06 02:41 AM
We have been getting rain just about everyday here we got 3/4 of an inch today. We are suppose to get some more tomorrow with that front comming in.
Posted By: LoopTech Re: RAIN - 08/29/06 12:08 PM
Here in the Piney Woods of ETexas.. We received 1.4 inches Monday.. Thank You Lord
Posted By: bobad Re: RAIN - 08/29/06 12:56 PM
We've been getting lots of showers all summer. Got 3" last saturday. Sure slows down the dozer work. I think if my pond were finished and a year old, it would be brimming full. Looks like central Texas is finally getting some. Good luck!
Posted By: PondsForFun Re: RAIN - 08/29/06 01:19 PM
I got a total of 2.5" in the heart of Texas. It was great for my hay but just too little to make the creek run. The good news is it signals a change in the weather. \:\)
Posted By: BrianH Re: RAIN - 08/29/06 04:36 PM
I got a little more than 3 inches but the dust sucked it up. Ponds raised less than a foot.
I hope it is a change in the weather.
Posted By: bobad Re: RAIN - 08/30/06 11:42 AM
Pond was just getting dry enough to put the dozer in it. I got another 1" of rain before daylight this morning. More pumping, more waiting. \:\(
Posted By: LoopTech Re: RAIN - 08/31/06 02:38 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by bobad:
Pond was just getting dry enough to put the dozer in it. I got another 1" of rain before daylight this morning. More pumping, more waiting. \:\(
gosh send your excess to Me in East Texas.. I have had some rain.. but not enought to wet all my fertilizer.. Costing this year $279.00 a ton
Posted By: bobad Re: RAIN - 08/31/06 03:15 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by LoopTech:
gosh send your excess to Me in East Texas.. I have had some rain.. but not enought to wet all my fertilizer.. Costing this year $279.00 a ton [/QB]
I wish I could!

Looks like the rain is over for a week. It may be dry enough for me to put the dozer back in the pond this afternoon.

Ya, I've wasted a lot of seed and fertilizer the past few years. This is the first normal rain pattern we've had in 5 or 6 summers.
© Pond Boss Forum