Pond Boss
Posted By: Edward P. Eitel Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/09/06 03:15 PM
I will be hosting a group of boy scouts this weekend and would like to here your best (simple) beer batter recipe?

Anyone that would like to share their secrete recipe, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have a bunch of LMB (3.5 to 6 inch) and BG (8 inch) that need to be removed from the HSB / YP pond. We will be cooking up the larger BG and some intermediate size YP with the Scouts.

LONG story on the intruder LMB & BG, I will elaborate later.

My wife caught these fish yesterday while I was at work.
(There are several hundred I'm afraid!

Thanks,
Ed
Posted By: ewest Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/09/06 03:34 PM
Beer and Boy Scouts. Now that is an ideal recipe. :p ;\) Oh it only goes in the batter -- what a waste of good beer. \:D I would send one if I had one.

We host a large Boy Scout (Order of the Arrow)campout (for 200+). What a great time - unless you are a fish. One way to help keep the LMB in balance.
Posted By: LRunkle Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/09/06 10:20 PM
Remember to add the beer last just before you use the batter so it still retains its carbonation. The bubbles get trapped in the congealing batter as it cooks to make it light and airy. Just google the recipe.
Posted By: Alligator Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/10/06 02:23 AM
EPE,

1 Lb. filleted BG
1 TSP Salt
1 TSp Pepper
1 Cup Corn Meal
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Can Beer (cooks choice)

- Peanut Oil (1 Quart)
- Large Deep Fryer

Heat Oil to 400 degrees.
Mix Dry ingredients in 1 Gallon zip lock bag.
Add 1 LB of fish filets.
Shake well.
Drop into Deep Fryer.
Drink Beer.
Serve.
Repeat.

Gator
Posted By: turkeyfootnc Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/10/06 02:51 AM
Bass Pro has some good Beer Batter fish meal if you don't want to fool with mixing everything.
Posted By: Eastland Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/10/06 02:54 AM
Gator, that was a good one \:\)

Turkey, are you paying attention to details ? \:D you DON'T mix them all together...life is good \:\)
Posted By: Alligator Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/10/06 03:43 AM
Thanks Eastland,

Feelin a little Punchy.

: )

Gator
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 06/10/06 04:46 AM
Agree. No beer batter on bluegill, maybe on shrimp.
Posted By: Joey Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 11/02/06 07:06 PM
Was looking for a beer batter recipe but there was none here..... Here is a link with one that sounds good for pond fish.

http://www.recipezaar.com/63183
Posted By: LRunkle Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 11/02/06 07:50 PM
Remember not to make the batter very far ahead of the time you want to use it. The point of the beer is the bubbles released into the batter during cooking from carbonation of the beer. This aerates the batter and makes it light serving the same function as baking soda or powder.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 11/02/06 10:31 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by LRunkle:
Remember not to make the batter very far ahead of the time you want to use it. The point of the beer is the bubbles released into the batter during cooking from carbonation of the beer. This aerates the batter and makes it light serving the same function as baking soda or powder.
Just another gem from PB! I didn't know that.
Posted By: Joey Re: Beer batter Recipe's? - 11/02/06 10:37 PM
Just tryed the recipe with a little tarter sauce for dipping. It was very good if I must say. Very crispy. The worst thing about the whole thing was getting my fingers gooped up with the dippings. It workd good with LMB and RES, so I am sure it works with everything.
© Pond Boss Forum