Pond Boss
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants pics of your ponds?? - 06/07/06 10:22 PM
My wife is standing here wanting to see what other peoples ponds from around the country look like.
Is there a post showing your lil babies
Posted By: rockytopper Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/07/06 10:52 PM
Most of us that have websites (the house symbol)have pic's of our ponds on there. Just click on the symbol, mine are on the pond page of my website. You can also look back thru the Questions & observations post and look for the words "pic's of pond" there are many to see.
Posted By: ewest Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 12:42 AM
Here is a thread with just that info from some PB members. If you want more do a search for "pond pictures" under Questions & Observations there are a bunch of really great ponds.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001847;p=1
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 12:48 AM
I knew I saw that thread out there, resurrected sometime recently. You can always count on the Link-Master, Ewest. Thx again!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 01:09 AM
Ditto - That's a great thread to rerun now and again.
Posted By: Schroeder Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 01:11 AM
We see a request like this about once a week. I too love looking at everyones pond photos. Could the Pond Boss gods create a section in this forum for a consolidated directory of members' photos? You'd probably have to restrict the number of photos (maybe 1 or 2 only)and perhaps have a way to reduce the size of the photo files sent to you. \:D
Posted By: PondsForFun Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 01:31 AM
Good idea Schroeder! I would put my pictures in a gallery and enjoy looking at all the others!
Posted By: ewest Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 02:12 AM
An industrious PB member could do a search for pond pics as described above , go to the different threads and copy the pic. link and post it on the pond pic thread above with the pond owners name. Like this :

ewest

PFF

heybud

squeeky

Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 05:38 PM
AWESOME

My wife really likes PFF's blue hole
Posted By: rockytopper Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 05:48 PM
Mr Lusk spanked me for asking for this when I first joined. He replied if you want to show pic's send them to Me and they might be put into the Magazine .Perhaps Bob caved in to demand. Anyhow thanks Bob for allowing this activity.

Why couldn't a page be dedicated in the Magazine for pond of the month or ponds of the month or pond pic of the month. It might be fun and enjoyable. Perhaps this is already being done, I wouldn't know because I haven't percribed.

Now that it is out in the open that I'm a free loader here, the guilt has over come me, I'm going to order and become a real member today.

Thanks again Bob this is so enjoyable.
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 05:59 PM
I asked for this once before and never received reward nor rebuke.
Jay-Man has not only a beautiful pond, but it is nestled in the mountains, engulfed in timber as far as the eye can see.
HOW 'BOUT AN AUTUMN PIC...betcha it makes the mag! Give it up, Jay-Man...the pee'ps have spoken!
Posted By: rockytopper Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 06:05 PM
OK my conjuncts is clear, I'm no longer a free loader.

Bob when will I get my first Mag?
Posted By: rockytopper Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 06:36 PM
Calling ahvatsa have you gotten this pond full yet? I can't wait to see pic's of it with water in it. The only thing I want to see worse is pic's of my new pond with water in it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b165/ahvatsa/
Posted By: JayMan Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 06:40 PM
Ok Brettski, I tried to ignore this the first time hoping to avoid public embarrassment but I guess I need to respond. I do not have such a picture. I know, I know. I am a terrible pond owner. This is equivalent to not having photos of your kids in your wallet \:o hehe
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 08:58 PM
Jay-Man...I'm crushed! You mean you didn't even save the picture that came with the wallet?
-
(oh yeah....the pond pic is disappointing, also \:\) )
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 09:22 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by FattyMcButterpants:
My wife is standing here wanting to see what other peoples ponds from around the country look like.
Is there a post showing your lil babies
Mr. McButterpants, here's a few from CA.

View - north

View - South

View - South w/ our State flower

In a thread far far away, I alluded to Mr. Lusk that'd be great if PB had a centerfold. I'll vote to have my God granted garden of eden exhibited in there for a month. I have over 500 pics of before during and after. Was probably the biggest project I ever did for myself, and was both humbled and proud to become a pondmeister. PB has been a great place to learn and converse with a really fantastic and diverse group of characters across the Country.
Posted By: Shorty Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 09:33 PM

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 10:27 PM

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 10:42 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by dave in el dorado ca:
Mr. McButterpants...
I can't stop laughing. \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 10:47 PM
...ain't that a pancake batter, or syrup, or sumthin?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 10:53 PM
I'm just glad that Fat McB is here on the forum.

Good guy....with a major pond addiction.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 11:22 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
 Quote:
Originally posted by dave in el dorado ca:
Mr. McButterpants...
I can't stop laughing. \:\) \:\) \:\)
I thought that had a nice respectful ring to it.......given that he is 6'5/285 he's only got 6" and 100 lbs on me :rolleyes:

I can't help myself, somebody stop me.....

initial filling of pond by rains last December, after renovation project, showing a few of my dreamed up custom fish craters and the rock dam used to create an upstream sediment catch basin

Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 11:30 PM
Hey, Mr McB...the next issue should be due fairly soon...are U ready? I have been working on my banana bread recipe, but it still tastes flat. I've resorted to slippin' the mail-guy five'rs, but I fear that I am losing his respect...he bit my dog the other day.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/08/06 11:44 PM
dont even bother brettski, you know i'll win last, if like last issue, i should get mine by august.
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 12:08 AM
...poor d.i.e.d. \:\( :rolleyes:
(we're not fallin' for that west coast, psychological, mind-bending mental manipulation into complacency. I'm uppin' the ante and startin' to slip my guy ten'ers)
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 11:42 AM
Bruce, who are the guys hiding behind the trees with fishin poles? You gotta look real close.
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 11:57 AM
(Sunil once said it best)...harsh!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 12:02 PM
I looked really close at the picture, then I increased the resolution and zoomed in.

It appears to be Theo Gallus and Fatty McButterpants.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 12:10 PM
I'm the one wearing the red carnation.
Posted By: RobA Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 01:24 PM
Bruce - what was used for dock pilings in your picture?
Posted By: Asleep at the Wheel Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 01:30 PM
here are a couple of my projects

There are shots of both ponds. The full one is my "small pond" - about .25a. The other one is about 1/2 full - the "big pond" which will be all of 2/3a when full. There is a strip of grass about 15' between them.
Posted By: Asleep at the Wheel Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 01:32 PM
I fogot to add:
the images are "clickable".
Posted By: DAMONE Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 01:41 PM
SOMTIMES I SEE PICTURES UNDERNEATH A POST OR REPLY. HOW DO YOU SEND THESE PICTURES WITH A POST?
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 01:50 PM
WOW you guys got some KILLER ponds.
Brettski I am thinkning of adding a lil rum to the bread so he gets my PB in the mailbox BEFORE he starts his route!!!!
And in the summer I wears short pants and people just call me Mr. McMargerinebritches

At there hasnt been A tree big enough to hide me!!!
Posted By: Schroeder Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 01:50 PM
Here is my little piece of heaven. Only a fellow pond owner can know the joy of being a pond boss!

Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 01:56 PM
Shorty ...
What is that white stuff all around your pond???
Posted By: Shorty Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 02:03 PM
FMBP - That would be heavy wet snow on the official first day of spring earlier this year.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 03:01 PM
SNOW?????
what is that?
I have also heard of a thing called "rain"

what are these things???
Posted By: ewest Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 03:40 PM
Ohio Scott :

Nice pics. How do you do your photobucket pics so they are clickable?
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 04:34 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Brettski:
...poor d.i.e.d. \:\( :rolleyes:
(we're not fallin' for that west coast, psychological, mind-bending mental manipulation into complacency. I'm uppin' the ante and startin' to slip my guy ten'ers)
you are retired and fishing your pond all day...you are retired and fishing your pond all day...you are retired and fishing your pond with shania twain all day..... you are retired and........ :rolleyes:

just for that you git another pic \:D

Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 05:15 PM
HA! tryin' to turn the tables on the Great Svengarlic??? You better hope I never make it back out to California or I'll have you doin' the pond-hula out on the flagpole with PFF, Burger, and Bob-O.
(oh yeah, v cool pond pix Dave. really diggin' the post card from Schroeder! )
Posted By: Asleep at the Wheel Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 05:28 PM
Damone - here is the link to learn how to post pics:
http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=002452#000006

ewest - thanks. In photobucket there were several different choices for moving your pics, one for message boards was "clickable thumbnails". They also had "regular size" and some others for using with email and for EBay selling, etc.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 06:10 PM
RobA,

I purchased stainless steel square cross-section fence post that was cut in lengths of 10, 9, 8 and 7 feet for no charge by the fence company.
We used a post hole digger to bury the posts at least four feet deep, then used quickcrete to stabilize the outside of the posts and poured some inside as well.

It feels like it's anchored to the earth's core.
Posted By: PondsForFun Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 06:24 PM
Great thread everyone! FatMcB your wife has good taste in ponds! \:\) Schroeder that is as close to heaven as I have seen! Ohio, ewest and everyone I love the photos. I could look at them all day!
Posted By: ewest Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 06:47 PM
Dave :

If you get that pond pic in color Bob may put it in the Mag. with a " Calif. Dreaming" headline.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 07:04 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by ewest:
Dave :

If you get that pond pic in color Bob may put it in the Mag. with a " Calif. Dreaming" headline.
guess what ewest.....that was a color pic......we get some really awesome weather patterns in march, freak snow storms down in to foothills....sittin right under the jet stream. appreciate the kind words,

D.I.E.D.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 08:24 PM
For people who like cold, but fairly flat (unlike D.I.E.D.'s Winter Pic):

Posted By: rockytopper Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 08:27 PM
Dave please send that jetstream down south into Texas we are Dehydrated and the BIG H is holding it out. When the BIG H covers Texas no rain until it leaves out.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 08:40 PM
Keep those winter photos coming; they cool me off. 98 in the shade and no shade in H-town, 103% RH.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/09/06 08:42 PM
It's a record high here today. 99 and counting.
Posted By: Norm Kopecky Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/10/06 04:53 PM
I was in the Sandhills of Nebraska last week helping with a plant survey and it was HOT! For those that don't know, almost a fourth of Nebraska is covered with sand dunes, the largest area of sand in the Western Hemisphere. It is mostly covered with grass now.

We were walking high dunes with lots of loose sand. Even the college students were beat. I got stuck in sand with my van without any help around. If you've never been stuck in sand, it is hard to describe. It is much more difficult to work with than mud. There is no bottom. Even with these problems, it is such beautiful country that I was thrilled to have this opportunity.
Posted By: george Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/10/06 05:37 PM

Posted By: ewest Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/10/06 08:01 PM
George :

I like those upside down trees you have in that clear water. I bet they are good to fish around. ;\) ;\)
Posted By: george Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/10/06 09:23 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by ewest:
George :

I like those upside down trees you have in that clear water. I bet they are good to fish around. ;\) ;\)
Prowling the pond banks with flyrod in hand and then drinking a cup of coffee on the patio.
beautiful sight - life is good...
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/10/06 10:30 PM
Uh-oh...George lays in a sleeper post-card competitor that plays very strong to the judges. Crimonie, George...she's a beaut! That's one of those pix that hyper "A" personalities project on their big-screen TV's and stare at it to lower blood pressure. I'm sittin' here right now with a cup of coffee in one hand and wavin' a broomstick in the other just starin' at it....125 over 75....that's pretty good, right?
Posted By: george Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/10/06 10:43 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Brettski:
Uh-oh...George lays in a sleeper post-card competitor that plays very strong to the judges. Crimonie, George...she's a beaut! That's one of those pix that hyper "A" personalities project on their big-screen TV's and stare at it to lower blood pressure. I'm sittin' here right now with a cup of coffee in one hand and wavin' a broomstick in the other just starin' at it....125 over 75....that's pretty good, right?
Thanks Brett - this picture is in an honored position on my "desktop background"..
\:\)
Posted By: Rad Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 12:41 AM

Posted By: Sunil Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 02:12 AM
This is only part of my pond, maybe 2/3 of one end. The other end is through that gap in the foreground.

Like George, it's my work laptop's background screen.

Posted By: Sunil Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 02:16 AM
And here's a view from a slighly different angle, of course, with an obstruction of view.

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 02:17 AM
Man....I can almost SEE the giant smallmouth.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 02:18 AM
Ooops. I guess that last post makes absolutely no sense now.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 04:03 AM
Not unless your shades are even darker than Sunil's. :p
Posted By: Sunil Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 05:38 AM
Just FYI, those are perscription sun glasses, and they are polarized.
Posted By: Rad Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 06:25 AM
Sunil,
Beautiful, looks like your boat and my pond are of a similar size.
Posted By: ewest Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 11:52 AM
Sunil great pics but you should have put the one of the smartest fish species SMB instructing you how to post his pic first. He will not be pleased that you messed up his instructions wrt him being first among non-equals. ;\) \:D

Btw beautiful place.
Posted By: mr willy Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 01:46 PM
Here's one for Meadowlark \:\)
Posted By: Quigibo Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 03:19 PM
Please be patient, first try at posting pic:

Posted By: Quigibo Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 03:20 PM
It worked but how do I make the pic smaller?
Posted By: burgermeister Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 03:59 PM
Q, very serene and natural looking setting. I sure cant help with the pics. Many of posted pics are large, but no problem.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 05:06 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Quigibo:
It worked but how do I make the pic smaller?
Mr. Quigibo,
If you have a PC w/ recent versions of MS products, you should have MS Picture Manager. This is what I use to edit and compress pics before loading to web. My camera is set at fairly high res. so pics start out at ~1mb. After downloading to hard drive, I open using MS pic mgr, and compress them to ~25-50kb before uploading.

This helps me cause dial up is only available option for me where i live (at the moment.....cable is suppose to be here w/ in next year...i'm too far out for DSL, and ponderosas are too big behind house and block satellite).

all your guys pics are worth the wait though, and every time i'm compelled to reply on this thread, all of you have to suffer one more pic \:D

oops my hand slipped, ya got two pics.

D.I.E.D.
Posted By: PondsForFun Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 05:50 PM
Q you can edit in photobucket! If you log in to your photobucket account there will be a edit button above all the photos. When you click on the button You will see reduce the photo size as a option. reduce 25 or 50%. If you leave the name the same that is all you need to do!

Sunil- That is one beautiful pond and fish! Rad- that pond is Great! Can't you do anything about the poacher? Nice photos one and all!
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 07:56 PM
Awesome thread everybody. Sunil...and all others.....wow....

For those in the lonestar ST, i'll do a little jet stream jig for you....godspeed

unfortunately but expectedly, we are done for any precip here until November/December....the big test to determine how much I lose to evap. and slow seepage is on.

maybe by this time next year i will have added a well, and can worry much less.

D.I.E.D.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 08:11 PM
Dang I started the thread and I forgot to post mine , it isnt a very good pic and the water is low but it will have to do

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/fatbasstracker/sunset[/img]
Posted By: LoopTech Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 08:29 PM
One of my ponds.. Due to last years drought, pond was about 4 ft. low
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/11/06 09:13 PM
Yikers, Fat McB...that looks like some substantial water! When the level is up, how big is it? How long ya had it?...You're right; you started the thread, so put down the spatula, bowls, and bananas and give us some spec's and history.
Posted By: Quigibo Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/12/06 12:27 PM
Thanks for the resize info. I'll try again in photobucket and see how it goes.
Survey says:

Much better. Btw this is at full pool back in early 05 don't think this texas pond was not affected by the drought.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/12/06 02:08 PM
Bretski-
I have had the land for around 9 months. When the level is up it is about 2 1/2 acres. Right now the level is about 5 fett low, and I am still around 1 3/4 acre or so. I have a pic of it from the previous owner when it was full I will try to post it ....lemme look

ahh here it is
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/fatbasstracker/pond/Pondfull[/img]
Posted By: Edward P. Eitel Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/12/06 05:22 PM
Anyone ever notice just how difficult it is to get a good photo of a pond? Try all angles and just can't get the whole picture.

Anyway, here goes with the family portraits. \:\)

Fathead minnow pond (Rebuilt 2003; .2 ac.)

LMB / BG Pond (Construction 1993; 3.25 ac.)

Livestock, salamander, crawdad & HSB growout pond
(Construction 2002, 2.25 ac. of un-reliable water)

HSB / YP pond (Construction 2004; 2.75 ac.)

Trout Pond (Construction 2005; 3.0 ac.)

Ed
Posted By: Brettski Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/12/06 06:02 PM
...quite a photogenic family, Ed. Your pond gene pool has rendered center-fold quality members. If Hef' had created Playpond, you would certainly have to relent to a number of covers and centerfolds.
Is there anything on your ranch that, well, just isn't naturally attractive?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/12/06 06:32 PM
Ed, those dead trees and that layered rock face are just fantastic. One look at them and I can see that the nearest place with too many people in it is a long ways off.
Posted By: Alligator Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/12/06 10:17 PM
Ditto Ed,

The look of the trees are outstanding. My better half rejected the "dead tree" look and I had to chain saw all of mine down.

Gator \:\(
Posted By: bassandgrass Re: pics of your ponds?? - 06/12/06 11:21 PM
Hope this works. Approx 2 acres
looking north from where I plan to build my shop and home.

looking south east from north end of pond.

Still needs a lot of work when I move up there (to washington) this August, but I can't wait.
© Pond Boss Forum