Pond Boss
Posted By: PondsForFun Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/30/06 07:22 PM
Numerous tornado watches, severe storm and tornado warnings in your area. Hope your ponds are catching water instead of hail! \:D

edit to remove the link as it is no longer valid.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/30/06 07:41 PM
It's raining! \:\) \:\) \:\)

We are in a Tonarado watch until 6:00 PM CST in the Lincoln area.

Our pond still needs to come up 16-20" before water starts going over the overflow.
Posted By: ewest Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/30/06 08:10 PM
I sure hope you guys get some rain.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/30/06 08:54 PM
We might have up to an inch of rain so far, more is on the way! \:\)
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/30/06 09:17 PM
Honesty, I think this is the first time in over two years that it's rained on wet ground here. The snow melted off slowly the last week, and this rain is running off because of the damp conditions. As Cecil would say, "Yee Haw"!
Posted By: Shorty Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/30/06 10:20 PM
So far out at the pond we have had 1.11" of rain with some very strong winds, possibly 70-80 mph. According to my dad there are a few shingles missing on the house and one of the very large cedar trees by the house has been knocked down. Good news is the pond is up a couple of inches, \:\)

Hopefully the rain is not over for the day! ;\)
Posted By: Shorty Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/31/06 03:29 PM
The pond ended up with 1.5" of rain from yesterday. Hopefully Bruce's place got just as much. ;\) I heard there were some torando warnings out by Nedocs west of here. There is more rain in the forecast for Saturday night. \:\)

I went fishing last night after work, caught 5 LMB standing in one spot with a spinner bait and missed another 6-7 bites standing in the same spot. Next time I will have a trailer hook on. There was a definate mud line in the pond along the north side, the pond was up 2-3 inches with lots of water still rolling in. Hopefully this muddy water will not have any significant consequences for the fish with the cold water algae bloom that we still going on. BTW, the wind that took down two of our big cedar trees also knocked over one the neighbors grain bins a 1/4 mile away.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/31/06 03:58 PM
I'm going to check the rain gauge after I coach basketball this afternoon. (I coach 6th grade girls \:\) )

Hopefully no shingles off. I can't wait to see if my big pond is up. 90% chance of storms tomorrow night as well.
Posted By: Beaver Boy Re: Bruce is having severe weather! - 03/31/06 09:11 PM
1.44'' here. Looks like main pond has risen 1.44" or a "little" more.
Here are a couple pics of muddy holes that were 'as bare as desert' before this rain.

I'm not really entertained by these heavy rainfalls in short periods. As you see, just a muddy mess.

Erosion at its max, ehhh!
© Pond Boss Forum