Pond Boss
Posted By: Sunil Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/05/06 02:57 AM
Burgermeister, just for you I stopped at the printers and picked up the new Pond Boss issue.

Congratulations, Bob, on the awards. The content is growing exponentially.

The new issue arrived in Pittsburgh, PA. today.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/05/06 03:44 AM
You forgot to include one of these Sunil: :p

Who do you know?? \:\)
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/05/06 04:18 AM
Wow...I was told it wouldn't go out until Monday.
This issue is pretty good, if I do say so. Condello's shining bluegill smile is on the cover, and he doesn't know it, yet. Inside, Bill Cody, Condello and Cecil's bluegill story is ready. It's definitely the most thorough big bluegill article ever in Pond Boss. Then, Dr. Dave Willis and Cody tackle an excellent topic on bass catchability. Otto strays a little, since his area is in a drought, and he writes about renovating drought ridden ponds. Cornwell takes on tiger musky. All these stories have great photos, too. Mike Mitchell has an algae story, Sherman Wyman shows the fruits of his land management labors (the two photos are worth buying a subscription); VanSchaik gets philosophical on us, and Stelter tells us about turtles. Be sure to read the update on Richmond Mill Lake in North Carolina. You won't believe what they are doing. Then, we have all the rest of the regular stuff...Ask the Boss, Managing the Mini-pond, Field Notes and From Pond to Plate (this one is a bit sentimental, I must admit). And...we have several important new advertisers. Greg Grimes is back in after an absence, Trent Lewis is in for the first time. BassBuster Boats found out about us, Bob's Aquacare in California is in. There's several more regulars who dropped out for an issue or two who have come back in for the season. 64 pages this time, folks, the largest Pond Boss ever. Hey Sunil, what's your favorite story? I know you have already read it cover to cover.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/05/06 05:17 AM
Now that was downright mean Bob!
Checked the mail box twice today in anticipation then Sunil has to brag & now all these teasers!

Looking forward to it! ;\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/05/06 01:41 PM
Wow !!! Been looking forward to BC/2X + CB1 BG article and "Catchability" by Cody & Willis for a while. Should be a powerful formula. \:D

Thanks Greg and Trent and all the other Advertisers we thank you and will look for your products first.

Now I need to have a talk with the mailman. I am not waiting on him to finish reading this issue before me. \:\)
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/06/06 02:31 AM
Thanks, Sunil. I thought you didnt like reading and discussing it until more people got theirs.

Here I had to fly to Honolulu, catch the QM2 passenger ship; ride it to Maui and the Big Island, survey it for installing additional nav. equipment, then couldn't get a flight back til today(2 days later). I get back and sure enough your'e gloating again. Bob, please change the distribution point! \:D
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/06/06 02:57 AM
Hey BM, about this time, every other month, Sunil needs to be reminded to show his class instead of his ---. He does it on purpose. But does he ever learn? NOOOOOO!

Sunil, there must be a support group somewhere for this kind of behavior.
Posted By: ewest Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/06/06 02:58 AM
BM :

Do any fishing from the QM2 ? \:D By now your RES are looking for a place to spawn. Water temps. in the 60+ range. I should have guessed you were out playing in that big pacific pond. \:\) \:D
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/06/06 06:37 PM
Ewest, no fishing from the big boat. Couldnt find a big enough spool to hold enough line to reach the water. Did see several humpbacks around the bow surfacing and tailing. They were trying to impress the forward sounder transducer I guess.

RES spawning sounds good. I finished the pier 2 wks ago before rain filled it back up. Taking the 6 & 8 yr. old granddaughters this next wk to try and scare up some big BG. Maybe to newly reopened Lake Walthall also. Will start up the feeder.

Looking forward to the new PB.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 12:02 AM
Hey Sunil, I'm breathing down your neck! :p
Got mine today!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 07:40 PM
I got mine today too. Nice article on the bluegill identification by the two BC's and CB if I say so myself.

I really can't take much credit for that article though. I'm the flunky of the three. ;\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 08:06 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Cecil Baird1:
I got mine today too. Nice article on the bluegill identification by the two BC's and CB if I say so myself.

I really can't take much credit for that article though. I'm the flunky of the three. ;\)
Obviously, you can't get even your initials in alphabetical order.

-TG
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 08:21 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Cecil Baird1:

Obviously, you can't get even your initials in alphabetical order.

-TG
Hey I take no responsiblity for the silly name. I had no control over that! \:D

I do like all of my initials together though:

CDB

Now if Bruce or Bill have the middle initial 'D' I am going to crap my pants!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 09:08 PM
Cecil:

Were you by any chance conceived at a Charlie Daniels Band performance? ;\)
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 09:10 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
Cecil:

Were you by any chance conceived at a Charlie Daniels Band performance? ;\)
Nope the CDB band wasn't even around then. I'm too damn old! \:\(
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 09:11 PM
TRANSCRIPT OF ACTUAL CONVERSATION WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK:

Mrs. Theo: "Your New Pond Boss is here. Who's the guy on the cover?"

Theo: "Bruce Condello."

Mrs. Theo: "Who's he?"

Theo: "The Dentist from Lincoln."

Mrs. Theo: "He looks gassed."

You can't make stuff like that up.
Posted By: ewest Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 09:15 PM
\:D \:D \:D :p

Easy to :p Bruce when he is out fishing for HSB (aka strippers).
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/07/06 09:56 PM
Or any other time.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/08/06 12:18 AM
Be very careful! I wouldn't be supprised if Dr Bruce could send you a packet of that gas over broadban!
As a matter of fact, hasn't Cecil been having computer problems?
Posted By: ceadmin Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/08/06 02:40 AM
Dang, I might be able to challange Sunil for first issue (yeah, right). Just talked to the honey and she said that my pond boss, winemaker mag and Great Lakes Angler, all came in on Saturday. Grand Slam!! Too bad, I am Boston right now and won't be back until this Saturday. Can't even celebrate for a few more days.

PS I dont think she really loves me, because I asked her to read the articles over the phone while I was relaxing in bed.

Click!...was all I got!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/08/06 03:28 AM
If you gentlemen will note, I have not commented on this issue's contents as of yet.

Yes, I know, I know, no need to thank me. It's out of mutual respect.

Now Lusk, on the other hand, chose to divulge a smidgen of the potent potables.

Ric, if you got yours that quickly, it sounds like PB Mag is not only upgrading the magazine contents and this forum, but also the distribution system.

Well done.
Posted By: ewest Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/08/06 03:48 AM
I am looking for my mailman and want some answers. He has to start reading faster. \:\(
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/08/06 12:11 PM
Hey Sunil, we usually run about 10 days behind you. Have patience, please. It's only fair. I thought about walking to Sadler and picking up a copy. Probably not over 75 miles each way. Then I realized that the USPS probably hasn't brought Lusks copy yet. It just tells you what would happen if Santa traded in his reindeer and started mailing toys.

Oh well, I still get it every 60 days. Without the Forum, I wouldn't know anything was amiss with the guvmint.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/08/06 01:34 PM
 Quote:
It just tells you what would happen if Santa traded in his reindeer and started mailing toys.
It'd be Christmas 365 days a year - the previous Christmas, straggling in late.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Mar/April Issue: Arrived - 03/09/06 02:52 AM
I don't question it I'm just glad to get it whenever it comes. Just razzing you Sunil. ;\)

I have to say the insert pic of Bruce & one of his fat BG is a good one! From the look on his ear to ear grinning face you can tell he's a proud papa!
© Pond Boss Forum