Pond Boss
Posted By: Theo Gallus PB Millenium Club - 01/17/06 01:36 PM
I see Bruce Condello and Ric Swaim have just made their one thousandth post. It's neck and neck! And ewest is coming up fast on the outside. \:\)
Posted By: LBuck Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/17/06 03:12 PM
Ewest is comin' up HARD!
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/17/06 09:53 PM
So I see has Theo the Great !
Your's, Bruce's & ewest posts have been great reading. I've really learned alot!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/18/06 12:25 AM
Hey Ric, how'd you get three words to show up in italian? ;\)
Posted By: Brettski Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/18/06 01:27 AM
Quite the milestone...congrats, gents!
Now, looking back with admiration at your verbiage achievements, what percentage of your communication would you say was constructive...and what was just plain goofin' off? Yes, I think the pirate thing, tin foil lined houses, SMB elected officials, and fish wearing fez's will qualify as "goofin"........ maybe about 2 percent? ;\) :p

edit: Is there a categorical label for this achievement? Does a Lunker become a Trophy Member?
Posted By: ewest Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/18/06 01:53 AM
Brettski :

Is it 2% goofin or 2% constructive ? \:D

If posting is all work and no play ,
it makes for a very dull poster,
who will not stay.

If the posts are all work and no play,
the readers will soon get bored,
and go away. :rolleyes:

This post like many of the other posts seems to be "goofin" but often has a purpose. The point here is if its not fun it won't work well for very long. Even those of us who enjoy studies and longhaired thoughts and posts need to "go to goofin" to keep our sanity and to lighten up on the readers.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/18/06 02:06 AM
The first 90% of the posts were serious, the second 90% were for fun.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/18/06 02:31 AM
Actually, every single post I've ever made was deadly serious...

Unfortunately 90% seem like I was goofing.
Posted By: Brettski Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/18/06 11:27 AM
100% inspirational!
thanx for the constructive laffs! \:D
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/24/06 02:23 AM
Welcome, ewest. \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/24/06 02:42 AM
And looks who's actually been able to spend enough time with us lately to be approaching 1000 next - our illustrious leader, the original Pond Boss, the Pondmeister with the Pond-mostest (I think I'm channeling Georgie Gessel), Bob Lusk!

When Bob makes his 1000th, he will have equaled the useful information content of everyone else's posts all added together.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/24/06 02:45 AM
Ewest, you've made an even bigger contribution that your 1k posts suggest.

Thanks and keep em coming.

P.S. Gotta admit I start out reading all of it and sometimes get lost.
Posted By: ewest Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/24/06 02:48 AM
Thanks guys . \:\) I am to busy having fun and learning to stop and count.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/31/06 01:16 AM
The field is about to get lapped.

If there were a lifetime achievement Bill C. would get it.
Posted By: ewest Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/31/06 01:31 AM
Bruce :

If Bill only made 100 posts he would still get the lifetime achievement award based on their content. \:\) \:\) \:\) !!!!!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: PB Millenium Club - 01/31/06 01:37 AM
+1
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/14/06 06:08 PM
Welcome, Sunil! I'm glad you're not too busy with work to join us every once in a while. \:\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/14/06 07:35 PM
Who is this Mr. Sunil? I don't recall seeing any of his posts. ;\)
Posted By: ewest Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/14/06 09:50 PM
You know him . He is the guy with the smart SMB that beat the Hollywood crowd in a spelling bee.
Welcome to Millennium Club. Keep us posted on the little guys progress. You need another fishing partner. \:\) \:D
Posted By: poland_jack Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/14/06 10:14 PM
Posted By: Sunil Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/14/06 11:19 PM
Thank you, kind sirs.

Now when do the French Benefits kick in?

What....????

What do you mean we don't get French Benefits?
Posted By: Eastland Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/15/06 04:23 AM
OK You Guys...don't make me go back and chart the ad-lib posts -vs- the informational ones ! (i.e. the whole Pirate thread!) Hopefully I will get a reply, and post again to boost my count ! \:\)
Posted By: ewest Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/15/06 01:52 PM
Point well made and taken but I don't think anyone who has posted a lot (say over 300 posts) cares how many posts they have made. It is about the learning and sharing, the fun and challenge of it all and of course the adapting it to our ponds. There are a number posters who have made only a few posts but each one is outstanding. I just wish they would post more often.

The ad-lib posts are a needed way to lighten things up a bit - sometimes we (all 2600+ of us) get to serious about what we think and need to remind ourselves that life, like a pond ,is a journey to be enjoyed with laughter and levity.

Eastland it would be a good thing if you were to add to your already high total post count (you have posted a lot) by adding one or more of your outstanding posts or even start a new thread so we can join in the fun. \:\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/15/06 05:25 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by ewest:
Point well made and taken but I don't think anyone who has posted a lot (say over 300 posts) cares how many posts they have made.
Agreed, as long as I stay ahead of you, Eric! \:D :p ;\)

I've got to do it on quantity, though, 'cause the quality doesn't come close to matching you.
Posted By: Debra King Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/15/06 05:37 PM
I just looked at the directory and noticed that I am 1/2 the woman of several of you all. \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: PB Millenium Club - 04/15/06 09:42 PM
Deb you are 100% more woman than most of us and that is a very good thing for perspective.

Theo please stay ahead of me because it means we will all have continued fun and levity.

I don't agree that there is a shortage of quality in your posts after all you started Long-Haired Hybridization , POND BOSS NEWS - CHRISTMAS EDITION (aka new pond fish species), Cormorantophobia , CC Mouths vs GShiner & Bluegill Sizes: My Summer Term Paper (with Channel Cat Prey Sizing thread ) and Diet Dew Addict Indenti-Fridge Contest which are all PB classics of the first order. \:D \:D \:\) It is one thing to have an outstanding post and another to start (the idea) for a classic thread !!!

PS :If anyone wants to shoot for top quality then the example to follow is Bill not me. Theo thanks for the compliment anyway.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: PB Millenium Club - 06/19/06 04:15 AM
Burger's in!
Posted By: ewest Re: PB Millenium Club - 06/19/06 01:33 PM
Welcome BM. No profound post for you on 1000. Me either. ;\) Keep it up. BTW I saw last night where T-town county (Walthall) got heavy rain.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: PB Millenium Club - 06/19/06 01:42 PM
Shucks, I wanted to have a meaningful post. But, that never stopped me before. \:D Yes, EWEST, Walthall got heavy rain, about 3 miles north of the pond. Only 1 inch there. Flooding in Htown today.

thank you, Bruce. I will try to be more creative.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: PB Millenium Club - 06/19/06 03:36 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by burgermeister:
Shucks, I wanted to have a meaningful post. But, that never stopped me before.
If I had waited until I had something meaningful to post, I never would have made it to 100.
© Pond Boss Forum