Pond Boss
Posted By: burgermeister New format - 12/17/05 01:40 AM
Hats off to the webmaster for the new posting format. We can now go directly to the most recent post and the time is logged.

tnx for the upgrade
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: New format - 12/17/05 01:46 AM
I also like the fact that the recent posts include posts from the previous day. It makes it easier to check in the morning the posts from the last night. Let's face it...I'm addicted to Pond Boss. \:\(
Posted By: burgermeister Re: New format - 12/17/05 01:48 AM
Agree, Bruce. New kind of widow. Instead of football widow, now its the Pond Boss widow.

Oh! I almost forgot, div. 1AA football final on now. Gotta go.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: New format - 12/17/05 01:55 AM
I'm watching the game too! Northern Iowa was up last I checked 6-0. That's my life. Send the wife Christmas shopping (She's at the jewelry store right now), kids at slumber parties and me alternating between Pond Boss, researching ewest links and watching 1AA football. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/17/05 02:03 AM
Can't say I share the football lust (Yes I heard the virtual groan), but I too am addicted to this forum. I agree with Bruce on the previous day post addition. Lets me go to bed early without worrying about missing a late post.
FYI Bruce- I dropped a cool $118.20 on Thomas stuff today. Maybe I am finally finished, but then again with my luck Ryan will pop up with another heartfelt plea in the morning. Aren't kids GREAT!!!

Oh yeh, Burger check your mail please. I have an ethnic question.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New format - 12/17/05 02:33 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
I also like the fact that the recent posts include posts from the previous day. It makes it easier to check in the morning the posts from the last night. Let's face it...I'm addicted to Pond Boss. \:\(
Bruce, your perfect way to start the day wouldn't happen to be 2 Diet Mountain Dews and the PB forum on Mozilla, would it?

Do you like long walks in the rain? Chinese food?
Posted By: burgermeister Re: New format - 12/17/05 03:00 AM
Pina Colada?sp \:D

Deb...WASP I cant real my email. Only at the office. My computer is crashed. Have to go to office tomorrow.
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/17/05 03:20 AM
Daddy and I were discussing the forum this evening, and I happened to mention your log in name. He said he thought it meant town mayor in German. I did two semesters of German in college but never ran across that word. I just did a translation online though and discovered it meant "castle master". My maiden name is Giles (Irish for goat herder), so I guess I will keep my herd outside your moat. Promise not to bomb my way of life? Baby needs new shoes. Go back to your game, and you boys enjoy your evening.

Deb
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: New format - 12/17/05 04:13 AM
Theo, I prefer to mix my two Diet Dews with coffee early, then drink them straight later in the day.
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: New format - 12/17/05 04:22 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Debra King:
...I dropped a cool $118.20 on Thomas stuff today.
deb,

Would that be Thomas the train stuff? my grandson is simply crazy about that stuff. Its costs almost as much as ponds. \:\)

Each year Thomas (a full size working replica) comes to Austin and all the kids go to see and ride Thomas. Man, those people really have a money making racket.
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/17/05 11:40 AM
ML- Yep! Thomas the train rules in the little world. I thought I had finished all my Santa shopping for the year when Ryan approached me Monday morning with the following question: "Mommy, do you think I have been good enough this year for Santa to bring me Thomas the train?"
Of all the things to forget. You are right though! Mom and dad picked up the figure 8 track with a water tower, a caboose, and Percy (the green one) for about $55.00, and I added a pack of additional track, a bridge, a tower, and two cargo carts for $118.20. His 3rd birthday is in Feb. so I guess we know what he will be getting now! MORE THOMAS STUFF! Is there an economic model here... :p
I wish the real Thomas, or even the Wiggles, would come near Tifton sometime. When/If they do I can promise we will be front and center.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New format - 12/17/05 12:40 PM
 Quote:
Theo, I prefer to mix my two Diet Dews with coffee early, then drink them straight later in the day.
You got it bad, sir.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New format - 12/17/05 12:53 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Debra King:
I did two semesters of German in college but never ran across that word. I just did a translation online though and discovered it meant "castle master".
I took 4 quarters of German my freshman year, in a class where EVERYONE spoke with a Southeastern Ohio (to be kind, "Appalachian,", to be blunt, redneck) accent - "Ick sprecka ein bitchin' Deutsch!"

Our motto was "Heute die Franzusich klasse, morgen die Welt!" (Today the French class, tomorrow the world)
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/17/05 02:52 PM
Theo-

So sprechen Sie Deutsch auch. Jetzt können wir wirklich mit anderen Leuten auf dem Forum spielen. Haben Sie übrigens einen sehr Fröhlichen Weihnachts glücklichen Mann. \:D

Deb
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New format - 12/17/05 03:04 PM
Oh, no, vocabulary test!

Where'd I leave my Langenscheidt's (Worterbuch) laying around?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: New format - 12/17/05 03:27 PM
I caught a German brown once....
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New format - 12/17/05 04:20 PM
Ich kann etwas Deutsche sprechen. Mine mutter ist Deutsche und mine Frau is einen Deutsches Leherer.

Sorry about the probable mispellings and probably grammatical errors. My first lanquage was German but I've forgotten most of it.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New format - 12/17/05 04:21 PM
Ich kann etwas Deutsche sprechen. \:D Mine mutter ist Deutsche und mine Frau is einen Deutsches Leherer. \:\)

Sorry about the probable mispellings and probably grammatical errors. My first lanquage was German but I've forgotten most of it. \:o
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: New format - 12/17/05 04:26 PM
 Quote:
I caught a German brown once....
I had a guy demand one of my browns for free through a taxidermy forum. He mistakenly thought he had won a bet with me regarding politics -- which he had not. He is a jerk so I said sure the dog was making him a brown as I typed. I wanted to know if he wanted it frozen, coiled, or in sections. \:D

He backed off after that. I wonder why. :p
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/17/05 04:36 PM
Cecil-
Sie sprechen deutsche Geldstrafe. Ich habe Sie Mutter kann kochen einen Mittel streudel gewettet. Ich bin irisch, schottisch, und Cherokee Indianer, aber spricht Englisch, Deutsch, und Spanisch.

Lord I can just imagine how this is getting on everyone's nerves. \:D But ain't it fun!!!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: New format - 12/17/05 07:34 PM
I'm mildly entertained by the streudel reference.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: New format - 12/18/05 01:48 AM
" Ich bin irisch, schottisch, und Cherokee Indianer"

Me, too.
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/18/05 04:25 AM
Kindred spirits we are my dear! Maybe we were even married in a previous life. That should SCARE a lot of folks.
I am entertaining the thought of answering a certain one's redundant question of "So Deb how many GG would you stock..." in a foreign language. English answers have not sunk in yet, so maybe a German or Spanish answer will finally work. Then again ... probably not. :rolleyes:

Hey Bruce it is good to know I can still tickle your funny bone once in a while. If the diet Dews and gas ever stop working just give me a call. \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New format - 12/18/05 01:31 PM
Aber du hast keine problemme mit GG zuruckfallen Grunen Sonnefisch, ja?

Excuse what must be horrible grammar. I haven't tried to speak a foreign language CORRECTLY for years (Bad Spanish, German, Latin, etc. are a favorite family pasttime in our house).
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/18/05 03:16 PM
I would suppose they have their place! What Basic Constitutional Law do you mean?

Así que usted habla español también, ahora la diversión puede empezar realmente. Podemos cambiar de aquí para allá y mantener el foro que salta. Soy contestar de comienzo de gonna todos postes de Greg en un idioma diferente. El es un buen tipo de hablar a en el teléfono, y parece saber algunos de lo que él tomando acerca de, pero su interrogatorio superfluo mata mi paciencia. No mencionar su asesinato de grammer inglés. \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New format - 12/18/05 03:41 PM
Deb:

My son, a second year HS Spanish student, assisted me with this Gallus family Bad Spanish translation:

"As you know Spanish tambourines, the diversion from being the emperor's (shall we say consort) is real. Knowing watery caviar over there is maintained with salt. The eating contest will be won by Greg with Post Toasties, not a different idea. He is a good telephone speaker and he can chop tomatoes with a saber and patiently interrogate the dog with superglue. I won't mention how you assassinate the English language."

I am happy to hear about Greg; good to know you're pulling for him. I suspect that "chop tomatoes with a saber" bit may be an idiomatic expression my son hasn't learned yet, perhaps too adult for HS Spanish (Like the expression for "Let's Rock and Roll" or "Let the games begin" which, translated literally, means "Don't watch the balls when they make the street.")
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/18/05 03:46 PM
LMAO! Tell him he did an outstanding job with that one. Some of our employees at the farm are Spanish, so I have picked up some slang (plus I am 15 years out of high school Spanish, so your son actually has a leg up on me)
I basically said we could kick up the diversity on the forum using different languages. I am gonna post this way when I get "disturbed" by redundancy. I bragged on Greg's phone skills, pond skills, and manners, but dished his posting grammer and spelling.

It's all in fun! \:D
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: New format - 12/18/05 03:47 PM
LMAO as well! \:D
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/18/05 04:03 PM
Guess I'll go back to German now. My Spanish must be pretty bad. No wonder the guys at work look at me so strange sometimes.
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: New format - 12/18/05 05:32 PM
Deb, go back to German. I speak reasonable Tex-Mex and you didn't make a bit of sense.

Funny, I know nothing about German but I figured that out better than the Espanol.
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/18/05 05:40 PM
\:D

Well heck, I guess I will have to pull my job application for a border translator!
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: New format - 12/18/05 08:09 PM
Hey Deb, don't feel bad. By the time I was 15 years old I could communicate real well with all of the local Mexican farm workers. I had lots of Spanish speaking friends my age. I spoke a lot more Spanish then they did English and did a lot of translating for their parents and between them and the people they worked for.

I, and they, signed up for Spanish class in High School. We figured it would be easy. We all flunked. None of us had ever worried about verb conjugation or had any idea what Castilian Spanish involved. We used to get into discussions (arguments) with the Teacher who couldn't communicate very well with people who hadn't learned it in school. After pointing out her errors, we still flunked. None of our parents, or us, really understood that we were supposed to be trying to learn a foreign language.

Many years later, I can still speak it somewhat but can no longer understand when it is spoken to me.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: New format - 12/18/05 10:10 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Davidson:

Many years later, I can still speak it somewhat but can no longer understand when it is spoken to me.
Dave, are you talking about English or Spanish here. \:\)
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: New format - 12/19/05 12:29 PM
Bruce, I'm best in Spanglish.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: New format - 12/19/05 02:16 PM
Or Texican?
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: New format - 12/19/05 11:42 PM
Dave,

Don't feel bad. I took Latin my first year in High School and the year was well over half finished before someone told me it was a dead language. \:o Kind of embarassing, but I took another year anyway.
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/23/05 11:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meadowlark:

"Would that be Thomas the train stuff? My grandson is simply crazy about that stuff. Its costs almost as much as ponds. \:\) "

Hey ML (and other parents/parents-to-be/grandparents),

Quick update on Thomas the train!!! Ryan had an early visit from Santa this morning due to the fact it is his father's weekend to have him. Thomas was a BIG hit (as suspected/suggested). If Greg is reading this (since he is expecting his 1st child), I hope he doesn't make the same mistake I almost did. Greg BUY it, it is worth the cost. Thomas was a last minute addition to Santa's list, but truth be told Ryan and I played ALL MORNING LONG and it was worth it. We built "houses" and "train stations" from Lincoln Log sets and had an absolute blast. Yep, Thomas the Train does rule!!! \:D

Here is the before Ryan got to it pic:
Before

Here is the after Ryan (and mom) got to it pic:
After

Here is an example of my very limited construction talents:
train station

Yes (to anyone who questions it) that is a giant white rat attacking the water tower and then taking out the bridge!!! \:D \:D \:D

KIDS ARE GREAT!!!
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: New format - 12/24/05 12:02 AM
Deb,

The really amazing thing to me is that my grandson would rather play with this non-motorized manual train than any fancy electric trains. Go figure!
Posted By: Debra King Re: New format - 12/24/05 12:51 AM
\:D

Yeh I know the feeling. Ryan wouldn't even let me put the batteries in his remote control Buzz Lightyear vehicle. He said he wanted to "make it work by myself".
I love my little tadpole! He is well on his way to being as hard headed as his mother. \:\)
© Pond Boss Forum