Pond Boss
Posted By: overtonfisheries A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/03/05 09:11 PM
George and I decided to post a new record for his "Big Pond", which is actually Lake Texoma on the Texas/Oklahoma border. George and his wife Nicky are veteran striper fishermen...with pictures to proove their 20+ year experience. I believe that Texoma is the most productive striped bass fishery in Texas, probably Oklahoma as well.

Tuesday marked the first super grand slam for George on Lake Texoma, 5 different species of fish caught in one day of fishing. We landed striped bass, largemouth bass, a nice estimated 3#+ smallmouth bass, gaspergoo (freshwater drum), and white bass. I posted some of the pictures below.

By the way, a big THANKS to George for the guided experience. THANKS to my father for taking off work...it was worth it!

Sorry about the double-printed pictures.

Posted By: Meadowlark Re: A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/03/05 11:26 PM
Sounds like a great trip for some great folks. Thanks for the pictures.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/04/05 12:12 AM
"Gaspergoo" is a new term to me. On Lake Erie, they call Freshwater Drum "Sheepheads." I think gaspergoo has more pizazz.
Posted By: ahvatsa Re: A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/04/05 12:28 AM
Theo
A true south Texan calls 'em GOOs.
"What u gonna do with that GOO?"
"GOO stew for u."
"Any luck? Just a few old GOOs."
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/04/05 02:46 AM
The sheephead is actually a saltwater fish, very good eating and fun to catch...and they look sort of like a freshwater drum.

http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q=2720934270953&lang=en-US&mkt=en-US&FORM=CVRE9
Posted By: burgermeister Re: A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/04/05 02:58 AM
http://www.realcajunrecipes.com/recipes/cajun/gaspergou-etouffee/627.rcr
Posted By: deaner Re: A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/04/05 05:50 PM
Very nice looking fish and excellent pictures.
Posted By: george Re: A New Record at Lake Texoma - 12/05/05 05:41 PM
Thanks Todd, for the pictures –

I had to work a lot harder for those fish than I would have liked….!
High wind and rough water eliminated many locations that are productive this time of year, but it turned out to be a great day on the lake with good company.

I had a chance to pick Todd’s brain regarding HSB, as I did last March when I had the opportunity to spend a day on Lake Texoma with Bruce Condello.

Perhaps this was my opportunity to repay both Todd and Bruce for all the help they have provided me in my quest for a top notch HSB fishery.

George Glazener

N.E. Texas ¼ acre and 2 acre ponds if it ever rains again…..
© Pond Boss Forum