Pond Boss
Posted By: scsims Still not seeing any fish. - 04/29/05 03:24 PM
Well it's May and I still have no sign of any fish in my pond. I started feeding about a week ago and have seen nothing. It's been merky for the last 2 weeks due to duck and rains so I've not been able to look for them.

Is there any way to verify if any of the 50 catfish and 300 bg are still in there?
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: Still not seeing any fish. - 04/29/05 04:26 PM
If you have a cast net you might give that a shot and see.

Bob
Posted By: Dusty Re: Still not seeing any fish. - 04/29/05 04:44 PM
sc,
I'm in about the same situation as you are with my catfish pond. I don't see any sign at all of my catfish or minnows. My fish biologist friend gave me some helpful info. He said I'd not likely to ever see those catfish until the point in time where they get used to feeding which I don't know how long that will take. I know as of now they ignore the food I try to feed them. My friend told me that they were probably getting plenty to eat at the bottom of the pond. He said the minnows were likely consumed. He also said to put a minnow trap in the pond and see what's there. That's what I plan to do.
Posted By: big_pond Re: Still not seeing any fish. - 04/29/05 04:55 PM
I was out on my place as well and did not see ANYTHING as well I have been feeding for over a month and still no fish....But I have a bigger problem, I am wondering if the lake will even fill up!!
Posted By: Coach B Re: Still not seeing any fish. - 04/29/05 05:18 PM
Same here. I see lots of fatheads in the shallows, but no bluegills. I've been trying to feed when the weather is good for the last three weeks. No takers as of yet.
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: Still not seeing any fish. - 04/29/05 06:12 PM
Hey big pond don't despair looks like we are in for a real soaker this weekend. They are predicting 2-5 inches of rain overnight here in North Alabama. I am still full just stopped going out the spillway this weekend so will send it on your way!

Bob
© Pond Boss Forum