Pond Boss
Posted By: barry road oyl as a liner? - 08/26/03 03:49 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and was referred here from the watergardening forum...I've just built a 20 thousand gallon pond that leaks; not enough clay mixed with the sand is what I suspect and the pond borders on a dirt road that's shared by neighbors above me so I want a pond that's not going to blow out the road after saturating the walls...I'm in earthquake country and could probably live with the cracks but I'd rather find a good means of lining the pond...the rubber pond liner sounds flimsy. I recently discovered something called Road Oyl that's used as a substitute for asphalt paving on trails and bike paths made from pine pitch and other friendly stuff...anyone ever try it as a liner? Barry
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: road oyl as a liner? - 08/26/03 01:04 PM
Hi Barry check with Bend Tarp and Liner just up the road from you in Bend Oregon. They sell liner for about 30 cents a square ft. I used it on one of my Koi ponds and it worked out great. Should not be bad on shipping cost either it was reasonable to ship it to Alabama.

Bob
Posted By: barry Re: road oyl as a liner? - 08/28/03 05:11 AM
Hi, Bob
Thanks for the reference; couldn't get them to answer today-I'll keep trying. Barry
© Pond Boss Forum