Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Question for Greg Grimes - 09/23/02 05:11 PM
Greg,

What do you think would be reasonable rate to electroshock a .64 acre pond not to survey the population, but to harvest fish on an annual basis that aren't taken out by hook and line. I raise several species of fish that I sell to other fish taxidermists http://www.ligtel.com/~jjbaird/bairdfish2.htm and although catching fish by hook and line is fun, I'm obviously missing some fish.

I wasn't impressed with homemade outfit plans that use batteries, and have found that good quality shocking equipment runs several thousand dollars, which is to much at this time.

Unfortuanately you are too far away from me in northern Indiana to make it worthwhile for you. Any ballpark figures?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 07:17 AM
Greg? You gonna chime in on this one?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 02:55 PM
Wow Bruce that's an old post! 2002!

I actually have my own electroshocking box now; I just need to build the gear in the boat and pick up a generator!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 03:04 PM
I just thought Greg owed it to you to give you a response! cool Happy New Year!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 03:40 PM
Yeah, he's been slacking off lately. grin

How do you test for water conductivity?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
I just thought Greg owed it to you to give you a response! cool Happy New Year!!!

Much appreciated. I was afraid it was one of those time space continuum thingies. crazy
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Yeah, he's been slacking off lately. grin

How do you test for water conductivity?

Conductivity meter I would assume?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 04:24 PM
I use a DO meter to test for pH, and I've found the best way to test for conductivity is to weigh the amount of algae growing on my cages.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

Much appreciated. I was afraid it was one of those time space continuum thingies. crazy

The original post entered a worm hole, and just now came out.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/01/12 04:36 PM
Freak, 2012 Edition.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Question for Greg Grimes - 01/02/12 10:15 PM
Sorry hunting season is/was here so yes slackign off lately. conductivity meter important to us SE water boys.
© Pond Boss Forum