Pond Boss
Posted By: Lake8 Braggin Time - 04/16/24 07:21 PM
Guys, I know we all spend a lot of time and money on these ponds and the fish in them.

I would like to hear some success stories of some big fish you guys have raised and anything special you think you did to achieve that success.

Also, how long it took and things you would do over or better if you could.

Pictures would be nice too but optional. You don't have to post faces. Maybe a scale picture (I always say it ain't true, unless you put it on a scale)

I know sometimes, you don't want to handle a trophy fish more than you have to and it is not always practical to put it on a scale, we will just have to take your word for it.

Let's hear them, I love people getting to enjoy all those hours of work and endless dollars spent.
Posted By: esshup Re: Braggin Time - 04/17/24 03:05 AM
A customer is hoping to pull a 13" BG from his pond this year. He's been catching 12" ones and Nate and I shocked some 10 3/4", 1.8# BG/HBG last May.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Braggin Time - 04/17/24 01:48 PM
Can’t help you. Too busy doing rain dances
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Braggin Time - 04/17/24 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1

Are your dances working?

The other day, I did a rain dance. We got 3/4" at the house in town, and zero rain at the farm.

I did not realize that the rain dance needs to be performed while standing on the pond dam! grin
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Braggin Time - 04/17/24 02:11 PM
I’m the recipient of a 3 year drought.
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Braggin Time - 04/17/24 02:18 PM
Lake8,

The other day, I caught a fish THIS big!

(You should see how far apart my hands are.)

In all seriousness, you might try browsing through the Image Gallery. (You will need to change the time frame to see more pics by using the options in that forum.)

Many of the pictures you click on, will have some discussion about the fish in a particular pond. If you do find a discussion for which you want more information, then you might be able to use the forum search function and the pond owner's "forum name" to read more about how that person manages their pond.

Good luck on developing your own braggin' fish!
Posted By: Jambi Re: Braggin Time - 04/17/24 03:41 PM
I dont have a big fish to brag about, but will brag about all of the nuggets I've learned from Pond Boss; both Bob himself and the forum community. We build an 8 acre pond in 2020....last night I was throwing feed off the dock, the water was busting with bluegills, HSB and largemouth and I was reflecting on some success to get this far along. I think I'm still on the upward climb to the "new pond bell curve" but man it's a beautiful sight to see these fish feed. Combine last night with having some kids catching fish a few nights ago and it's wonderful to see a plan come together!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Braggin Time - 04/18/24 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by esshup
A customer is hoping to pull a 13" BG from his pond this year. He's been catching 12" ones and Nate and I shocked some 10 3/4", 1.8# BG/HBG last May.
Assuming he feeds and can fish, I have faith in his success.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Braggin Time - 04/18/24 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
We got an inch and an eighth last nigh in 15 minutes, while shouting "Rain, rain, go away!". 7 inches thus far in April here; my calves are born swimming.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Braggin Time - 04/18/24 12:12 PM
Send that excess wet stuff my way.
© Pond Boss Forum