Pond Boss
Even when the weather is dry, I sometimes have a problem with water puddling under the Redneck Palace. Now that it is time to sell, this has become an issue that needs resolving.

Any suggestions? I've already called one place & was told they didn't do French drains under homes, even homes on blocks. The water comes from the pond irrigation spray that happens most mornings and makes its way under the house. Obviously we could just stop the irrigation, but that would mean doom for the landscaping plants, particularly in summer.

Anybody know of a solution? I will cut the price to pay for a reasonable fix, but the buyer must do it so as to please himself.
Can you put a curtain drain around the outside?
I would start with trying to lower the amount of water from the irrigation. The heads should be adjustable. Still would be able to irrigate the plants and trees but the amount of water the heads put out would be reduced a smidge.

If that doesn't work....drain tile from the trouble spot and run pipe to a non trouble spot and daylight it with a fancy green screen on top.

If you really wanted to get fancy.....sump pump it from the worst spot to a spot that could use a little extra water or something lower where the water wouldn't return.

Beautiful place you have down there.
Like Theo G said, a curtain drain before it gets to the house could be one of your better options, that along with slowing your irrigation frequency way down, this time of year it doesn't take much to keep plants alive, compared to 100 degree summer sun days. which is also why it shows up more, its not drying up like it did in the 100 degree sun.
Good Luck!
Thanks for all the suggestions! Hopefully it will be as simple as reducing water flow and making sure that the spigots are turned away from the house. Could ramp up during summer, then reduce in fall.
© Pond Boss Forum