Pond Boss
Posted By: RStringer River Monsters - 01/24/20 12:29 AM
Does any here watch this show? Some of these fish are true giants in size. I know most of these are reruns but it's a pretty cool show. I watched oone last night with white sturgeon. Oh my they were saying these can get over 1000 pounds. Those would be some much fun to get a hook into.

Attached picture Screenshot_20200123-191354_Samsung Internet.jpg
Posted By: anthropic Re: River Monsters - 01/24/20 04:55 AM
Another fishing show had a guy hook a giant sturgeon, fight for several hours, then lose it. That particular sturgeon is well known in the area, has been hooked many times, but nobody can catch it. Estimated 20 feet long! shocked
Posted By: Zep Re: River Monsters - 01/24/20 02:32 PM
Originally Posted By: RStringer
Does any here watch this show?

That guy has a great voice that creates an ominous mood.

Posted By: RStringer Re: River Monsters - 01/24/20 04:18 PM
If I was fishing with a friend and they fell or jumped n the water like that. It would crack me up. He will jump in the water just to hold a perch lol. Going into these villages and talking to some people is something I would do for sure. My old boss use to tell me I would stop and talk to a stone Indian if I thought it would talk back.
Posted By: Bullhead Re: River Monsters - 01/24/20 04:41 PM
Every episodes follows the same pattern. Jeremy travels to an area where someone was allegedly eaten by a fish. Upon arriving he tries to catch the fish with no luck. He then meets with the local witch doctor or some such person who burns some dried plants or somehow gives him a blessing. Jeremy then catches a big fish that if it were much bigger could possible almost eat a person.
Posted By: RStringer Re: River Monsters - 01/24/20 06:08 PM
It has me hooked (pun intended) everytime. Where you been bullhead? Your last post was in 2017.
Posted By: esshup Re: River Monsters - 01/25/20 05:09 AM
And when he's fishing he's using tackle to catch a "maneater" that he'd have a hard time landing a 100# fish with, or using a piece of bait that a 50# fish would swim right by.

We were fishing for 100#-200# Tuna with 2# & 3# live mackerel, 100# test line and 2 speed reels.
Posted By: anthropic Re: River Monsters - 01/25/20 05:57 AM
My PB wasn't huge, a 75 lb shark. However, best fighter was 50-60 lb jack cravelle. Unbelievable speed & stamina, flat wore me out. Forty lb test, which I considered "rope", left me feeling seriously undergunned.
Posted By: Sunil Re: River Monsters - 01/25/20 04:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Bullhead
Every episodes follows the same pattern. Jeremy travels to an area where someone was allegedly eaten by a fish. Upon arriving he tries to catch the fish with no luck. He then meets with the local witch doctor or some such person who burns some dried plants or somehow gives him a blessing. Jeremy then catches a big fish that if it were much bigger could possible almost eat a person.

Remember the episode where some old native American told him he needed to put some tobacco on some small rock island?

In the end, he never caught a big muskie, but resolved that what was seen might be two muskies swimming together??
Posted By: RStringer Re: River Monsters - 01/25/20 05:49 PM
These amberjacks are my biggest catches to date.

Attached picture Screenshot_20191011-215917_Messages.jpg
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: River Monsters - 01/25/20 09:45 PM
Those AJ’s do put up a fight, I caught one over 50# and I thought it was a monster
Posted By: RStringer Re: River Monsters - 01/25/20 10:40 PM
I have no clue what those weighted. Do know they were good to eat. Yum yum
Posted By: anthropic Re: River Monsters - 01/25/20 11:31 PM
Some people think AJs aren't good eating, but they probably have never eaten fresh AJ. Wonderful fighters, too!
Posted By: RStringer Re: River Monsters - 01/26/20 12:03 AM
There was only 6 of us on this boat that took us out 43 nautical miles. We was at myrtle beach. Captain did a amazing job of put us on the fish. No personality but man we was on the fish which I would rather lol. I'm not a small fella and my arms were burnt from reeling so many in. The guy filleted them all up and took a couple to a marina right there that cooked them. We felt like we were kings they where awesome. Also had groupers and snapper. They were all good. Some they grilled (blacken) some fried. Not sure which I liked better cause all was very good. Found a picture of the spread. Also had hush puppies.

Attached picture Screenshot_20200125-180617_Gallery.jpg
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: River Monsters - 01/26/20 04:19 PM
They not bad but snapper an grouper much better eating. I ran a charter service for about 10 years out of Galveston/ Freeport area. I sure miss that kind of fishing.
Posted By: RStringer Re: River Monsters - 01/26/20 06:27 PM
They mixed them together sonim not sure which I was eatin. They were all good to me. I'm kansas a kansas fella. We dont have them around my neck of the woods.
Posted By: corgi Re: River Monsters - 01/27/20 04:57 AM
I watch all of them and like the "Wicked Tuna" series best.

"Deep color" he said as the blue gill slowly pin wheels to the surface. lol
Posted By: anthropic Re: River Monsters - 01/27/20 12:53 PM
Cobia was my favorite on the dinner plate. Awesome.
Posted By: Bullhead Re: River Monsters - 01/27/20 05:33 PM
Originally Posted By: RStringer
It has me hooked (pun intended) everytime. Where you been bullhead? Your last post was in 2017.

I check the board every now and then. Just gotten busy with other stuff lately and haven't messed with the ponds much lately. I may have to start asking some questions about one of them.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: River Monsters - 01/27/20 05:45 PM
Originally Posted By: anthropic
Cobia was my favorite on the dinner plate. Awesome.

Ling are tasty critters, when I was captaining I would specialize in catching them. Sometimes they would bite and sometimes just look at your offerings, very exciting fish to catch
© Pond Boss Forum