Pond Boss
Posted By: anthropic Can't anybody here play this game??? - 10/20/19 09:23 PM
I am so tired of pond companies making promises they don't keep! I called six weeks ago to set up electro visit & was promised they'd get in touch soon. But they never did. Now they've waited too dang long to electrosurvey/harvest, temps have dropped & fish have abandoned the shallows.

This isn't the first time it's happened, nor the first pond company to mess up. Maybe it's because I'm not a billionaire, but I have been a reliable customer which ought to count for something.

How you guys stay in business while ignoring repeat customers is a mystery.

Posted By: RAH Re: Can't anybody here play this game??? - 10/20/19 09:30 PM
I feel for you. Customer service seems to be a thing of the past...
Posted By: Snipe Re: Can't anybody here play this game??? - 10/20/19 10:13 PM
anthropic, whats your surface temp at now??
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Can't anybody here play this game??? - 10/21/19 01:17 AM
Not enough folks in the business. I live in Illinois and the closest actual pond pro I can find is in Indiana. The travel time alone to get someone here that actually knows what they are doing will cost me $600+ and then pay for the actual help.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Can't anybody here play this game??? - 10/21/19 04:12 AM
Originally Posted By: RAH
I feel for you. Customer service seems to be a thing of the past...

Thanks, RAH. Yeah, it is maddening. When I was in business, repeat customers were number one priority. We jumped through hoops to keep them happy, because they were our bread & butter. If you promised them something, you either delivered or got in touch if for some reason you couldn't. And it better be a good reason!
Posted By: anthropic Re: Can't anybody here play this game??? - 10/21/19 04:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Snipe
anthropic, whats your surface temp at now??

Not sure, to be honest. But I do know fish stopped feeding after cold snap last week, and a couple of guests tried fishing off the dock (usually the best spot on the lake for numbers) yesterday and didn't get a bite. So fish aren't in shallow anymore, which they have to be to have much success with electro fishing.
Posted By: Bocomo Re: Can't anybody here play this game??? - 10/21/19 04:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Not enough folks in the business. I live in Illinois and the closest actual pond pro I can find is in Indiana. The travel time alone to get someone here that actually knows what they are doing will cost me $600+ and then pay for the actual help.

Nate Herman should be able to help you in IL! He’s based in Canton, IL. Awesome guy. Depending on your location Rex Rainman might not be far away either.
© Pond Boss Forum