Pond Boss
Posted By: tim k Introducing mature bass? - 10/09/19 11:11 PM
talked to a fish supplier - asked if they sold Floridas - she said not but they do sell natives. I said what size? She said only small ones - 3-5 inches. She said if someone sells you anything larger they are screwing you - I ask WHy? She said adult bass are territorial and if you put them into a pond they will clear out their area - never heard of this before - any truth to that statement?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Introducing mature bass? - 10/10/19 12:51 AM
3 to 5 inch are pretty much groceries
Posted By: N.TexasHalfAcre Re: Introducing mature bass? - 10/10/19 02:51 AM
Overton Fisheries is the only place to buy fish if you live within 3 hours of them. They sell adult bass. GoogleMaps says they are 2 1/2 hours East of Lampasas.

https://overtonfisheries.com/northern-largemouth-bass
Posted By: ShortCut Re: Introducing mature bass? - 10/10/19 03:02 PM
A fish guy in NW TX said getting 8" LMB to help with the BH YOY would not be a problem. Now he says only 1-2lb are available. They would be too large for my 1yr old BG/HBG/RES. Sure would be nice to find some closer. Overtons is 3.5 hours. Worth it? Likely.
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Introducing mature bass? - 10/10/19 03:33 PM
probably every pond between you and Overtons has too many LMB in the size class you are looking for. It seems everyone is trying to get rid of as many 12-15" bass as they can in their ponds (tanks). Too bad folks couldn't trap, net, or hook and line catch some for you and put them in a trap until you could pick them up.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Introducing mature bass? - 10/10/19 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Too bad folks couldn't trap, net, or hook and line catch some for you and put them in a trap until you could pick them up.

But most of these are probably severely growth limited though.
© Pond Boss Forum