Pond Boss
Posted By: anthropic Anyone else having issues getting TFS? - 06/24/19 08:40 AM
I've placed orders twice with different sources, no fish. One order months ago, one weeks ago. Upon inquiries, I get "be patient", but nothing else.

Given that I ordered TFS on specific recommendation of fishery biologist after electrosurvey last fall, this is frustrating. frown
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Anyone else having issues getting TFS? - 06/24/19 10:20 AM
I have learned that TFS can be hard to get some years. And I think the new laws on transporting fish in Texas from public waters has made TFS harder to get and more expensive. Stay after it, and don't give up the ship. I also think some suppliers (The good ones) will or may hold off until they believe your waters are fertile enough to support the fish. Don't want the fish to die off because of a possible bad report on their fish. And I think TFS spawning season is here and so as soon as those baby TFS get big enough I suspect they will show up with your load. Any way, stay the path Frank, I think they will show up sometime in the future.
Posted By: ewest Re: Anyone else having issues getting TFS? - 06/24/19 03:41 PM
Spring or early fall are usually the easiest time to find TFS. Order them early and keep calling to confirm the order so they know you are serious. Another method is to put down a deposit and have them say when they will be ready (approximate). Then keep checking on the status.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Anyone else having issues getting TFS? - 06/24/19 07:28 PM
Hope you're right, Tracy. Seems like they are taking way too long, not doing any good for my smaller LMB, plus nearing cooler weather that the TFS might not even survive. My BOW actually is the most fertile it's ever been, so that isn't an issue. If it takes much longer I'm gonna cancel.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Anyone else having issues getting TFS? - 06/24/19 07:29 PM
Eric, I hate the idea of paying for TFS in October that end up dying in January cold snap.
© Pond Boss Forum