Pond Boss
Posted By: al allison BG Dying - Trrramycin Treatment - 03/26/19 05:28 PM
I have been having 30-40 small 1-3 inch BG die each day for the past 8 days. No LMB ,HSB,or TFS have died in my 9 ac pond.Aeration running after start-up.
It has been advised that I try a terramycin treatment to add to fish food but I can not locate any terramycin unless given a prescription by a veterinarian. Any idea on finding a veterinarian that has fish knowledge or how to acquire treated feed ?

Al Allison
Posted By: Flame Re: BG Dying - Trrramycin Treatment - 03/26/19 08:14 PM
Al, the only thing we ever used Terramycin for was bacterial infections in chickens. You may be able to use that knowledge to locate it through a poultry supplier somewhere. Just food for thought.
Posted By: scott69 Re: BG Dying - Trrramycin Treatment - 04/03/19 01:28 AM
I have been losing all of my adult bg for months. Mr. Luck recommended terramycin or penicillin. I found penicillin at tractor supply. mixed the medication and caro syrup together and coated the food. i think i was a little too late. I may have lost all of mine.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: BG Dying - Trrramycin Treatment - 04/03/19 05:52 AM
Treated my caged BG with bacterial infection with something I picked up at Tractor Supply - I think it was meant for cattle. I did as Lusk suggested and it cleared up the infection in a couple weeks and I quit losing BG.
Posted By: al allison Re: BG Dying - Trrramycin Treatment - 04/13/19 01:42 PM
Thanks for your reply’s. What seems to be today’s concern is the general overuse of antibiotics in our food supply as well as the current overuse by the medical profession. I have been advised that a veterinarian could write me a prescription and then my feed store could order the terramycin. Small BG die off has slowed and may have run it’s course. I also wonder if one should eat the BG after treatment with antibiotics.

Any experience on this situation will be appreciated,

Al Allison
© Pond Boss Forum