Pond Boss
I have a local guy that is willing to give me a deal on a bunch of Gast DOA-V192-AA pumps he has as a package deal. It is the same pump as the newer DOA-V722-AA.

It specs say max 1.10 cfm @ 50hz and 1.90 cfm @ 60hz and its a 60 psi max. But I did find some other specs that said the cfm ranges from 0-10 cfm. I plan on calling Gast tomorrow to get the true specs.

Would this pump work with the amount of cfm and psi it puts out for a diffuser in a pond? Also what kind of depth would it be good to and how many diffusers or what size could one of these pumps run?

Thanks for any input
I like to see a minimum of 1 cfm per each membrane diffuser in a pond at the water depth that it will be installed at. Remember .5 psi back pressure for every 1' water depth.
Thanks. So with a pond depth of 20 feet and with this pump at 1.10-1.90 cfm with 60 psi capability it could be used at the 20' depth safely with just 1 of these pump's per diffuser?? my pond will be 3/4 to 1 acre in size with the deepest point 18-20 feet.
????
I'm using a Gast DOA-P701-AA 1/8hp linear diaphragm pump. Its rated to 30 ft. Dont remember exactly what the PSI rating is, but at approx 9ft deep, its putting out a lot of air thru a double tubuler rubber membrane diffuser. We've estimated my little pond gets turned over once every 3 hours using the minimum lift calculation of the smallest diffuser Vertex sells (it's not a vertex diffuser tho).

Something else to consider is the type of diffuser and whether it has a built in check valve of some design to prevent water from filling the air line when not in use. If the pump is having to clear the line upon startup, its experiencing excessive back pressure on the pump and will shorten it's working life. Luckily, diaphragm pumps are supposedly easily rebuit.
Hi Mike thanks for the reply. The gast pump I am looking at and the pump you have, have the same specs. So if your's is rated for 30 ft then I am good to go. smile What size hose are you using?
The kit I bought came with 30 feet of 3/8 sinking line. I've never gauged the pressure at the pump but it creates a pretty good boil.
© Pond Boss Forum