Pond Boss
Posted By: Clay N' Pray Mike Whatley, same chips? - 09/21/18 09:15 PM
Are these the same chips we were trying to ID? These came from a busted willow branch.
Insects chewed.

Attached picture 20180921_132226.jpg
Attached picture 20180921_132213.jpg
Attached picture 20180921_132141.jpg
Posted By: Mike Whatley Re: Mike Whatley, same chips? - 09/21/18 11:18 PM
I dont have any willows anywhere near the pond, but it sure looks very similar. I think I may have mentioned thinking it was some kind of bug or tree refuse that blew into the pond.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this condition... as long as it's not a plague!!!

Thanks for following up with me. Very much appreciated
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Mike Whatley, same chips? - 09/23/18 03:27 PM
Carpenter ants will cut wood clippings like that. They are a large black ant. You can hear them in the tree if they are working. Its a low drone rrruummm rummm rummm sound.
Posted By: Mike Whatley Re: Mike Whatley, same chips? - 09/23/18 11:41 PM
You can't hear anything over the cicada right now. And if it isn't cicada, it's rain frogs.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Mike Whatley, same chips? - 09/24/18 07:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike Whatley
You can't hear anything over the cicada right now. And if it isn't cicada, it's rain frogs.

Must be nice, we had 6*C last night, even the crickets are quiet now. Very few birds, they have all headed south already. Had to wear pants all day today. Brrr.
Posted By: Mike Whatley Re: Mike Whatley, same chips? - 09/24/18 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Originally Posted By: Mike Whatley

Must be nice, we had 6*C last night, even the crickets are quiet now. Very few birds, they have all headed south already. Had to wear pants all day today. Brrr.

I hate to brag Dono, but if I wear pants 6 times a year that's a cold winter here. Duck season I've usually got shorts on under my waders.

The down side is even shorts are too much clothes in the summer, and they kinda frown on people going naked around here!!
Posted By: airborne3118 Re: Mike Whatley, same chips? - 09/25/18 08:31 AM
"they kinda frown on people going naked around here!! "

depends on what you look like. LOL
© Pond Boss Forum