Pond Boss
Posted By: Bulldozerman Pond consultants for Indiana? - 07/23/18 04:56 PM
I am looking to build a new farm pond on our property in Indiana. Who do y'all recommend?
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Pond consultants for Indiana? - 07/23/18 05:14 PM
Try Matt Rayl, Russiaville, Indiana. American Pond and Lake Management Company. (765)437-5118.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Pond consultants for Indiana? - 07/23/18 07:04 PM
Depending on location call Hoosier Pond Pros
www.hoosierpondpros.com/

What type of information are you looking for? Construction advice? Preparation and filling? Fish Stocking and Management?

If you are pre construction phase remember two very important things
1. A double barrel sheepsfoot roller or vibratory sheepsfoot is insurance against pond leaking. We don't want you coming back and saying your pond is leaking. "You dig a hole but BUILD a pond". Know the rules and guidelines for creating a well compacted thick clay liner.
2. Shallow water is your enemy for growing lots of unwanted pond plants. IMO you are better smaller and deeper rather than larger and shallower unless you want a duck hunting pond. Pond plant and weed problems always occur in the shallow water. Design the pond with how to best aerate it.
Posted By: RAH Re: Pond consultants for Indiana? - 07/23/18 09:22 PM
Bill - I used a single 4x4' sheepsfoot on my most recent pond, likely made from a double roller that was 8' wide. It worked very well for me. Our last pond was done the same way with good results. They are bit tippy though:) If you are ever in central Indiana, we would be honored to have you visit us!
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond consultants for Indiana? - 07/24/18 05:11 AM
Thanks Bill, but Matt is closer to him, by about 60 miles. I'm seeing more and more ponds with algae problems that don't have any weeds in them. Luckily here in Indiana Tilapia are easier on the pocketbook than treating it every 2 weeks for algae.
© Pond Boss Forum