Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/02/18 03:07 PM
Wednesday evening at 6:30, check in to Facebook Live on Pond Boss' Facebook page.
I'll tackle your questions, depending on the volume.
If there are no questions, the topic will be "Fundamentals of Pond Management".
Will plan to stay on for an hour, or more if enough interest is there.
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/02/18 03:53 PM
I'll do my best to tune in.
Posted By: Zep Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/02/18 04:10 PM
6:30PM Central Time.....looking forward to it....thanks Bob
Posted By: CMM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/02/18 05:20 PM
Sounds like a good time. I hope to be there.
Posted By: Daniel Powell Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/02/18 06:15 PM
Oh man, I can't make it but really wish I could. Will it be recorded and posted anywhere so we could watch it later?
Posted By: jludwig Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/02/18 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Daniel Powell
Oh man, I can't make it but really wish I could. Will it be recorded and posted anywhere so we could watch it later?

Facebook Live events are usually to be able to be watched the next time you log in if you can't be present when the actually event is going on.
Posted By: Tbar Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/03/18 01:52 AM
I am going to try and tune in.
Posted By: bryani289swmi Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/03/18 02:22 AM
Hmmm, I'm assuming you need to have a FacePlant account to participate? Thanks.

Bryan
Posted By: MNFISH2 Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/03/18 02:43 AM
I am looking forward to it!!!
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/03/18 04:46 AM
It will be recorded and archived on the Pond Boss Facebook page.
Posted By: Bing Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/03/18 08:31 PM
Got my timer set.
Posted By: Daniel Powell Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/03/18 11:30 PM
Good and bad news. We have about 3" of snow and its still going. Good news is my obligations have been cancelled. Bad news is that I can attend IF we can keep power. And us southern folk dont drive too well in this white stuff. Chances are 50/50 that somebody will take out a power pole somewhere close by. Hope to see ya soon.
Posted By: bryani289swmi Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/04/18 01:31 AM
That was good Bob, thanks for doing it. I might need to get my own Faceplant page for this in the future.

Bryan
Posted By: KapHn8d Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/04/18 02:04 AM
I had company over and couldn't peel away, but I am certainly doing it now... and for those that want to catch up (like me), here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/PondBossMagazine/videos/10155391200387809/

/c

ps. thanks, Bob
Posted By: Daniel Powell Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/04/18 02:06 AM
Thanks again Bob, it was great!

I will also have to get my own FB page and stop hijacking my wife's
blush
Posted By: MNFISH2 Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/04/18 05:44 AM
Great show Bob! Very informative and a great resource for new pond owners here in the north. As always, we are trying to promote pondboss in the Tundra of MN.
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/04/18 08:22 PM
Can't believe I forgot about FB Live last night. Just watched the recorded on FB and lots of great info. I'll catch the next one!
Posted By: CMM Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/04/18 11:15 PM
Thanks Bob for doing that. I enjoyed it. Will try to tune in often on Wednesday nights.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/08/18 08:15 PM
Okay, Pond Boss faithful!
We'll do Facebook Live again Wednesday evening at 6:30. If interested, go the Pond Boss Facebook page and that's where we'll be.
We figured out how to turn the image around where everything isn't backwards.
The main topic this time will be "What happens to your ponds during the coldest months?"

If you have questions, chime in. You can either ask the questions during the live broadcast or send them to me in advance.

Questions don't have to be on the topic...if you have al specific question you'd like to ask.

If you want to send questions in advance, please do it in this thread, and I'll make a list and address them as we go on Wednesday.

Set your timers and mark your calendars!

See you then!
Posted By: Matzilla Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/08/18 09:26 PM
I will be on for sure! These live sessions are a terrific idea!
Posted By: Daniel Powell Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/09/18 01:05 AM
Hey Bob,
I'm not going to be able to watch live but will be viewing it as soon as I can afterwards.
I would like to hear info on setting up a small hatchery pond to help stock a larger pond. Size, depth, cover, aeration, feeding, stocking load, and to tie into the winter topic - what are the dangers in hard winters? Could you mix species or should they be dedicated? At what time of the year do you transfer fish and what sizes? How many breeders do you leave behind?
I've gleaned a lot from threads here but it would be great to get your experienced input. Thanks!
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/11/18 12:25 AM
Pond Boss fans,
Reminder, our Facebook Live broadcast starts at 6:30 CST...in about 5 minutes, for those of you interested. Go to the Pond Boss magazine Facebook page and tune in.
If you miss it, the broadcast will be archived on that page.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/11/18 01:38 AM
Here's the link to tonight's Facebook Live Broadcast...

https://www.facebook.com/PondBossMagazine/videos/10155407685312809/
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/11/18 05:07 PM
Just finished watching the recorded webcast from last night. Lots of great info again.
Posted By: bryani289swmi Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/13/18 03:07 AM
Enjoyed watching this weeks broadcast, very interesting. Thanks.

Bryan
Posted By: Dinsmoreoutdoors Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/13/18 02:11 PM
love that your doing this Bob! i`ll be there for the next one for sure!
Posted By: Daniel Powell Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/13/18 02:50 PM
Hey Bob,
Thanks for the shout out and for spending so much time on my questions! I'll try to keep them shorter in the future :-)
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/13/18 05:02 PM
Just watched this. Good stuff!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/14/18 02:31 PM
I missed the live program twice now. So, Thanks for making it available to us that missed it live. I like what you are doing.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/15/18 12:54 AM
Enjoyed it! Thanks for answering a few questions. I have been reluctant to add trout and have my perch and remaining forage get hammered over the winter. Seems like I would be OK.
Posted By: Matzilla Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/15/18 03:47 PM
Bob, if you want to answer my ? regarding removing bluegill through the ice on my pond during your Live even Wednesday, feel free.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=485255&#Post485255

Should I be pulling some (or all I catch) of those 4-6" bluegill out now or let the recently stocked LMB (175 6-8") and HSB (100, 6-11", most 10") chow on the little guys
Posted By: fishm_n Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/16/18 03:46 AM
I'll listen to the archives and share it, but sorry can't catch it live on Wednessday s
Posted By: fishm_n Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/16/18 03:46 AM
Thanks Mr. PondBoss! Pretty cool!
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/17/18 05:54 AM
Tune in again tomorrow at 6:30 cst for our next Facebook Live broadcast. Topic will be, “My Fish aren’t Growing, What to do?”
But, we’ll cover most any question you have. Ask them live, email us at info@pondboss.com, or post on this thread.
Please join us tomorrow! And, tell your friends!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/17/18 04:13 PM
The live broadcasts are a very good idea. It is like a personal pond clinic online. I watched the session using the link to the recorded broadcast. All the broadcasts should be listed in a post in the Pond Boss archives or on the home page. Lusk is a Facebook "movie star". Modern technology and electronics allow great things to happen.
Posted By: beastman Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/17/18 07:21 PM
Enjoy the broadcast, can't usually join the live session as I am coaching my son's bball team but watch it later.

Carrying Capacity Questions / Harvest

I have a 0.6 acre, 1 year old pond.
Adding aeration this Spring and hand feed quality food 1 to 2 times a day. Goal is quality fishing with high catch rates, not looking for a trophy.

Stocked over the course of last year:
30SMB ( 20 from Yolk ..thanks to Rainman )
50 HSB 8-10" ( now 12-15")
100 YP 6-8"
150 HB 4-6" ??? This abbreviation is not on our PB List.
Should be 150 HBG
85 HBG 6-8"
75 RES 4-6"
15 lbs FHM

My pond is fished heavily in the Spring/Summer and mostly by kids. I assume a 5-10% of total population harvest/fish kill due to handling / hookset etc by the kids. It seems the HSB and YP are more susceptible.

My questions,
What if any additional harvest should I do this Spring/Summer? Could I add some more fish? My idea is to keep it somewhat of a put and take to keep the bite good.

By using the link below I estimate my carrying capacity around 250lbs, good estimate?

Of course you can never know exactly, but assume best to observe water quality/ fish health/ growth rates etc...?

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=201295

Thanks for the time
Posted By: Snakebite Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/17/18 10:13 PM
Pumpkinseeds for southern waters? Looking to add some variety and enjoy catching them up north. Downsides ?
Posted By: bryani289swmi Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/18/18 12:50 AM
Been trying to view the broadcast and it's not working, don't know if it's us or something on the broadcast end. Thanks.

Bryan
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/18/18 01:39 AM
not sure if this link will help you?
Here is the rebroadcast:

1-17-18 PB live
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/18/18 01:47 AM
Try using this link in your computer browser next Wednesday night at 7:30 EST.
https://www.facebook.com/PondBossMagazine/videos
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/18/18 02:09 AM
I couldn't get the live feed to work. I used a free online tool to paste the link for the video in and get the audio file extracted. I can then save the audio file and listen via my computer. I'd post the audio file but it is 30MB.
Posted By: beastman Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/18/18 02:41 AM
Thanks for answering Bob, enjoyed watching the playback on Facebook tonight.
HB was supposed to be HBG .
Posted By: Zep Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 12:53 AM
anyone else besides me attempting to watch the Pond Boss Wed Night video from yesterday and the video keeps freezing up in the first 2-4 minutes?
Posted By: bryani289swmi Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 02:41 AM
Zep,

I had some difficulties this past broadcast. It would show up like it was going to join the event and then just spin and do nothing. I don't think it was my connection as that seemed to be working fine. The previous two broadcasts worked well for me. I'll try again next week. Thanks.

Bryan
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 04:10 AM
Zep, me too, got stuck multiple times at the 3-5 minute mark. I had to find other means to get to the audio. Not sure if the pond boss can create a copy and try to repost a new link or if there is some other fix. The video seems corrupted.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 03:13 PM
Yes - I also had the videos 'freeze up'. Got frustrated and quit watching.
Posted By: Zep Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Yes - I also had the videos 'freeze up'. Got frustrated and quit watching.

yes i tried a few times as well...even tried different browsers...still froze pretty early in video
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 07:13 PM
I have a 28MB extract of the audio that I'm happy to share but not sure how to host as too big to attach in the forum and might be too big for me to easily email to someone else.
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 07:28 PM
Hey guys.... LeighAnn here from the Pond Boss office.
We now have the Facebook live videos on our website and on our YouTube channel. I am working on the 1.17.18 file right now, loading on to YouTube and getting it on the website.
Should be up by the end of business today.

Thanks guys! If you ever have any questions or problems, let me know. I'm glad to help any way I can.
leighann@pondboss.com
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 07:31 PM
Thanks Leighann, where on the website will be the archived videos? If I go under the video tab and try to replay there it gets stuck.

Maybe the new version you are putting up will be in a new place? I'll try the youtube version once you get us the link.
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/19/18 07:53 PM
Canyoncreek.... if you scroll down to about mid-way on the home page, you will see my most recent posts. I believe the Facebook Live videos are color-coded in a reddish color.
Let me know if that works for you.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/22/18 04:05 PM
Wednesday's Topic: Tweaking your Fish Stocking Rates.

Do you need to stock some fish? Is your pond's fishery out of whack? Need adjusting? We'll talk about the 'tried and true' stocking methods as well as some of the cutting edge science behind the art of stocking a pond.

Tune in to our Pond Boss page on Facebook at 6:30 CST Wednesday evening. Send your questions in advance to info@pondboss.com or ask them live as we have some fun in our next live broadcast.

If you can't make it for the live version, it will be archived on the Facebook page, and then uploaded to youtube when LeighAnn gets to it. After the broadcast, I'll add a link in this thread to the Facebook event. After LeighAnn uploads to youtube, she'll link in through the Pond Boss website, too.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/22/18 09:42 PM
Pond Boss, work into the Wednesday night Facebook Live broadcast: Pond owners,,,, don't forget when you see a need to restock some fish, ask yourself why is the fishery in decline? What is causing the problem? What is out of balance causing a need for more fish? Is it habitat, mismanagement, improper harvest, lack of growth, is it a new species that could change the dynamics of the current fishery? What should be fixed or adjusted before adding new fish? A well planned numbers adjustment may be needed before adding more fish. Will new fish cause too much competition or upset the food chain-food web? Just adding new fish may not solve your underlying problem. Thus the new fish may not survive well enough to improve angler success unless some prior adjustments are made!
Posted By: Daniel Powell Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/23/18 01:05 AM
Hey Bob,
I see the subject changed since my email. Feel free to hold off on my questions until you get into water quality or vegetation subjects at a later date.
Looking forward to this one as well!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/23/18 02:28 AM
In addition to my post above. Introducing fish for forage is usually only a short term solution. There is probably a reason for the scarcity of forage fish. If you do not improve habitat conditions stocking with forage fish will only temporarily increase their numbers. Often forage fish added to existing fisheries will be eaten quickly, and the scarcity will return. You are better off to improve habitat conditions for forage fish so that their survival and spawning success can produce a steady source of food for the gamefish. Improve the habitat, create refuges, and maybe selectively reduce predatory pressures and forage fish numbers will naturally increase. This is a basic wildlife management method.
Posted By: ewest Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 01/23/18 06:14 PM
and maybe selectively reduce predatory pressures and forage fish numbers will naturally increase. This is a basic wildlife management method.

A must IMO - if forage is short and predators are not fat then ^

in conjunction with other steps noted by Bill !!!!
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/01/18 02:12 PM
Did I miss the facebook live event from yesterday? Will there be next week?
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/02/18 03:23 PM
Here's the Facebook link from the latest broadcast.

https://www.facebook.com/PondBossMagazine/videos/10155462930062809/

Next Wednesday, February 7, I'll have a guest, Mike Otto, from Otto's Dirt Service. For those of you who don't know Mike, he builds premier lakes and ponds along with lots of other projects from ranch roads to clearing fencelines. If there's dirt, he'll move it. He's also my partner in Pond Boss.

He's one of the funniest guys I've ever met, so plan to spend some time next Wednesday, 6:30 central time. Our main topic will be, "Planning: Getting Ready to Build the Pond or Lake of your Dreams". We'll vary off topic, based on your questions.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/02/18 04:35 PM
One of the topics should include what to do to prevent or minimize leaks when planning a pond. All ponds leak that do not have a synthetic liner. The amount of leakage is the BIG variable. In the experience of the professionals, how much leakage is normal in a well compacted and sealed pond? Is there wording about leakage that should be included in a pond building contract?
Posted By: Zep Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/02/18 06:33 PM
All ponds leak that do not have a synthetic liner.

really?
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/03/18 01:49 AM
Yes - all earth bottom ponds leak to some extent. Some my be very "tightly compacted but there is still a tiny amount of seepage. It is the nature of soil, even compacted clay. Listen to Lusk and Otto's Facebook live next week Feb 10 Wednesday night and they will confirm it or should bring it up when dealing with this discussion. If you do not believe it, ask a soil scientist.
Another thing you can do to verify it is look closely at the soil bank above the water line. It is wet due to wicking of the water through the soil; water is actually leaking upward.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/07/18 04:42 PM
We'll talk about leaky ponds, and what Mike does to minimize leaks, and how to prevent them in the first place.

I'll always remember, back in 1995, when we did a seminar tour. We hit five cities in two weeks. My topics were varied, as there were four or five of us giving the speeches. I was first up, with a slide show (literally, slides in a tray), about "Planning to Build a Pond". One part, I said, "Find dirt that doesn't leak". After the second time I said that, Otto grabbed me by the collar (literally), and with a slightly raised voice, said, "STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO FIND DIRT THAT DOESN'T LEAK!!! ALL DIRT LEAKS! Have you ever seen a permanent puddle?"

Hadn't thought of it that way before.

He said, "All dirt leaks. Our job is to find dirt that leaks the least!"

He's right. Water has an amazing affinity for leaving. It always seeks the path of least resistance, oozing through soils less compacted, or flowing through fractures, fissures, sand, or gravel veins. The pond builder's job is to 'read the soils' and find the best compactable clay and put it where it needs to be, whether in a dam, or to line a pond...those calls are site specific.

Tune in tonight and listen to the expert, Mike Otto!

6:30-7:30 Central Time, on the Pond Boss Facebook page.

Cody Note: There you have it from the experts- just as I said - all ponds without liners will leak. You want the pond that leaks very little. Lusk and Otto will explain how to get that well sealed pond tonight or later listen to it on Facebook live -Pond boss.

Hey - Mr Pond Boss don't forget to discuss ""how much leakage is normal in a well compacted and sealed pond? And Is there wording about leakage that should be included in a pond building contract?""
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/07/18 11:50 PM
Bill,
We printed your question, along with others, and will ask Mike verbatim.
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/08/18 01:09 PM
Can someone help check the links? I go to the 'learn' section of the pondboss page and then to facebook live section and I can see red squares with the various dates. But clicking on the last few squares does not bring up an external link or an embedded facebook video. I think one of the oldest links does have an external link there. It would be good if we could link to them by clicking directly on the red tile.

I was able to go to youtube and search around and find the archived video for the 1-24-18 segment. It was good. It would be nice to embed that video or external link here.

Can't wait to get a link to last night's video.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/08/18 02:35 PM
We’ll have LeighAnn check those links. In the meantime, if you’ll go to the Pond Boss Facebook page, you can find all the broadcasts.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/08/18 03:11 PM
Try this link to find all the Pond Boss Facebook videos:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/PondBossMagazine/videos/?ref=page_internal
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/21/18 07:13 PM
Tonight's Facebook Live Broadcast will be from Texas Hunter Products headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. Guest will be Dale Baden, and our topic will be, "Feeding Fish". I have a list of questions about other topics, which we'll also address. So, tune in on the Pond Boss Facebook page from 6:30-7:30 as we go live!
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 02/22/18 02:15 AM
It appears LeighAnn was unable to fix the links on the pondboss page? I see red tiles but they are either not up to date or clicking on them does nothing. Can they be fixed?
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/01/18 09:33 PM
https://www.facebook.com/PondBossMagazine/videos/10155535326082809/

Link to last night's Facebook Live video
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/02/18 05:53 PM
Bob, on this weeks live you were talking about when you build a pond you like to build a shelf then drop down again, and on that shelf you love to ........ then live stopped at that point when power went out. What was it that you love to do with that area?????
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/02/18 08:48 PM
Brian,
I like to build that first shelf around 4-5' below the surface, and then cover it with pea gravel, or even coarse sand. Then, 3 to 1 slope down to 8-12' deep, and another shelf. Along that slope, I like to anchor big logs, perpendicular to shore, root ball in 7-8' of water, log going all the way to the second shelf. Rock piles, brush, artificial structure, whatever we can get our hands on, placed on the second shelf.
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/05/18 08:15 PM
canyoncreek,
Please try accessing the videos on our website now. They have all been updated.
If you experience any trouble, please contact me at leighann@pondboss.com or call the office 800-687-6075

Thank you
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/05/18 08:50 PM
Thank you LeighAnn, they seem to be working now! Much appreciated
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/06/18 05:41 PM
Thanks Bob. DO you normally do any structure on the first shelf or just gravel? My pond filled up so fast after Mike built it I didn't get much of the structure in I had planned on. I have been adding DIY and mossback rootballs a little at a time. So far I haven't put anything on first shelf. I have a few mossbacks I have been trying to figure out where to place.

Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/06/18 06:35 PM
That first shelf is likely to grow some aquatic plants. Since it sits in the shallowest areas, wait to see if plants grow. But, if you want to add some dense cover such as Mossbacks, feel free. You can always change that if you need to.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/06/18 06:39 PM
By the way, this week's Facebook Live broadcast will be about the importance of diverse habitat in ponds. Plus, I'll have a guest...my wife, Debbie. She sees ponds through different eyes, what she sees in the water blends with her thoughts above the water line. You'll see what I mean when you watch that broadcast. This will be a good time for more ladies to join the broadcast. Debbie absolutely has a different perspective than mine. It will be entertaining! Tune in to the Pond Boss Facebook page Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30 central time. If you can't make it then, the broadcast will be saved for viewing, and LeighAnn will upload to YouTube and provide a link from our Pond Boss website.
If you have any early questions, ask them here or on the promo post on our FaceBook page. Hope to see you Wednesday night.
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/07/18 07:07 PM
Reminder! I remembered last week about 8pm. I have the reminder alarm set for tonight.
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/14/18 03:50 PM
What's the topic tonight?
Posted By: beastman Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/14/18 06:38 PM
via facebook:

Tune in Wednesday evening, 6:30-7:30! Guest will be Bruce Condello. From Lincoln, Nebraska. We’ll be talking about huge bluegills and some of the techniques and thought processes he uses to grow and enjoy HUGE fish. Check out his FB page, Big Bluegill!

Maybe if time, Bruce can talk some about his one time 2500lb capacity HSB pond.... That would have been something to witness and fish while it lasted....

Curious on trying to get RES to feed as well, trying Optimal right now...Not sure how successful in a mixed pond environment with HSB,SMB,HBG,YP, and RES...
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/28/18 02:11 AM
With all the Facebook issues of late, any thought of changing to Youtube live? I've deleted Facebook from my phone but will borrow the wife's phone for tomorrow.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/28/18 10:42 AM
No, haven't thought about that. Will stick with Facebook for now. We'll post it to YouTube within a few days afterward.

This week's topic..."The Majesty of Water". I'll be talking about how water works and why it's the perfect medium and what we need to do to take care of it.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/28/18 11:56 AM
Brian, Your wife's phone? That's funny! I don't worry about such things as facebook is going through. Heck, there is so many ways for crooks to get information. Look at Social Security card. It says not to use for Id on the back of the card, but today my SSC number is most likely everywhere because of hacking, so selling your information, I'm betting that information is most likely everywhere also. Have you bought any groceries lately? Discounts when they use your phone number or store card. Now where does one think that info goes?
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/28/18 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: TGW1
Brian, Your wife's phone? That's funny! I don't worry about such things as facebook is going through. Heck, there is so many ways for crooks to get information. Look at Social Security card. It says not to use for Id on the back of the card, but today my SSC number is most likely everywhere because of hacking, so selling your information, I'm betting that information is most likely everywhere also. Have you bought any groceries lately? Discounts when they use your phone number or store card. Now where does one think that info goes?

Yeah she's a facebook junky, so no way she would give it up. I on the other hand, only have facebook for a Bob's live feed and a couple of outdoors page. I just got a new phone and plan to keep this one facebook and messenger free. Living rural, the only internet I have is thru my cell, but might hotspot and login on the laptop....if I can find my laptop......
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/28/18 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: TGW1

https://www.facebook.com/help/302796099745838

You might find it interesting how much info they have premission to keep on you.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 03/28/18 11:38 PM
Brian, last year my wife got me an iPad. I have had no connectivity at the property other than phone. However, the iPad works pretty well and gets about as much as my pc in town.
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/03/18 09:37 PM
Hey Forum Family- tomorrow night (4/4/18) join Bob at 6:30pm CST as he discusses aeration and the effects on your pond.
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/03/18 09:52 PM
Found my laptop, I'll be there!
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/04/18 11:11 PM
Going live on the Pond Boss Facebook page in about 20 minutes!
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/05/18 03:52 PM
Really informative show again!
Posted By: BrianL Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/11/18 02:02 AM
What is this week's topic?
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/11/18 01:34 PM
Wednesday evening, 6:30-7:30. Join Pond Boss magazine editor and long time fisheries biologist, Bob Lusk for this week’s topic, “Raising Trophy Largemouth Bass”. Learn how to bring your fishery together for the best chance to grow some truly huge bass. Get your questions answered and spend time with one of the premier private sector biologists around.
Posted By: nehunter Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/11/18 08:41 PM
Can't make the show again, but would like to ask what size northern bass is too big to transfer to another pond? Have 250 gal. tank with bubblier in it. There would be 1/2 hour drive time and 1 to 2 hours to catch the fish. Should I ice down the holding tank or use the water out of the small pond? How many fish should I put in tank if they are 6 to 12 inches? What if they are 14 to 16 inches? Would be going from a small pond to a very large one. Both are private ponds.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/12/18 03:13 AM
No expert, but I was part of a successful transfer of a 6 lb NLMB in Ohio.

I recommend you put a small amount of PURE salt (no arsenic additives!) in the tank, along with a dose of fish tranquilizer that is sometimes used in livewells. Keep it cool but not cold.

When you arrive at destination, gradually add pond water to your tank to help fish acclimate before releasing.

Good luck!
Posted By: ewest Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 04/13/18 07:40 PM
See this for info.

https://srac.tamu.edu/viewCategory/18
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 05/02/18 02:47 PM
What is this week's topic?
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Facebook Live Wednesday evening - 05/02/18 06:28 PM
Think About Summer Now!
I'll discuss pond behavior (and fish behavior) as the water warms up. Things to think about and prepare for.
Send your questions in advance to info@pondboss.com and I'll get them ion the line up.
© Pond Boss Forum