Pond Boss
Posted By: anthropic Good news, bad news, worse news... - 10/31/17 06:05 PM
Good news from electrosampling: RES are thriving, CNBG doing okay, a lot more recruiting success for CNBG. Also observed Am Pondweed in several places, a good plant.

Bad news: tons of small LMB. Only two decent size. Could be that bigger ones are deep seeking temp stability in wake of cold fronts, but still not getting growth we should.

Worse news: Fungus on some of the larger BG.

Considering I've stocked TP last two years, and fed CNBG last two years, this is discouraging. Bass just aren't growing as they should.

Maybe I should get some healthy, feed trained northern LMB large enough to chow down on the smaller LMB already there. Currently have high quality Fla LMB, but apparently they aren't doing so well. Smaller bass tend to run skinny, must not have enough small forage fish for them to eat.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Good news, bad news, worse news... - 11/01/17 12:23 PM
Frank, have you had enough time to think over your plans to achieve your goals in the pond? I usually get a written out recommendation from the e shocking team. Have you received any recommendations from the survey, if so, would mind sharing the recommendations? And from past post, you have described low pH, do you think this is the cause of the fungus on the cnbg? Best wishes, oh! ponds experience different problems and I have had a few over time. Money usually comes into play for correction, money I did not plan on spending lol
© Pond Boss Forum